Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 48 East Ridge 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg dominated this game from beginning to end. Both teams turned the ball over a lot, but ER didn’t really have an answer to the Pburg offense. If Pburg doesn’t fumble then they probably would’ve scored on every possession. The ER TD scored at the end of the 1st half was one of the best catches I’ve ever seen. Black cats defense was much improved over last week. Overall well played and well coached game by the cats in their first district game.

Keep it up, gentlemen!
Congratulations to Prestonsburg!
Way to go Cats! This one could’ve been even more of a blowout if the Cats didn’t fumble. Proud of them for coming out and stopping a very good QB in Burdine. I thought 54 Gavin Stephens played much better at DE for the Blackcats tonight and neutralized Burdine early. Burdine is a gamer though and never once gave up. Good luck to the Warriors the rest of the way!

So proud of my Blackcats though!!
Congrats to the Blackcats and Coach Brewer they are firing on all cylinders right now my goodness. That defense lit it up the first quarter what a way to start. Like some of you said the QB for ER is a stud very surprised by him good luck going forward!!
What a special night it was at Josh Francis Field. There was a great turnout, a big tailgate before the game, lots of old familiar faces in town for the 2001 team being honored, and the Prestonsburg Blackcats come out swinging early and really delivered the knockout punches before ER knew what happened.

The first quarter couldn’t have went any better for coach Brewer and his team. They lived in the backfield and forced like 3 turnovers right off the bat and scored with ease offensively. It was 20-0 before ER got a chance to look up. The Warriors were able to put together a good drive to finally get on the board in the 2nd quarter and scored again on a highlight reel catch before half.

Hats off to the Blackcat defense. They were ready to play and the coaches prepared a great game plan that caused all sorts of problems for Burdine. They applied pressure and were great in coverage all night. Played very physical and swarmed to the ball really well also.

Offensively, Prestonsburg gashed ER all night with Akers, Jarvis, and George. The line opened up some huge holes for the running game. All around complete game by Prestonsburg.

Penalties again, were a problem though for the Blackcats. They cannot afford to make those same mistakes against the likes of West Carter, Shelby Valley, and even Martin County. Gotta clean that up if they wanna compete for a district championship.

Great night to be a Blackcat!!!
East Ridge imploded in the first quarter. A fumble in Pburg territory and then a punt off the back of their own players for a scoop and score. ER was down two scores before they knew the game started.
Way to go Blackcats!
Congrats Pburg