Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass 35 Scott County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. I know this will sound strange based on the score, but it wasn’t even that close. 
We had some friends there, said the same thing. Congratulations to Frederick Douglass!!!
(09-24-2021, 11:06 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Final. I know this will sound strange based on the score, but it wasn’t even that close. 
Huh, I watched it, it was 12-0 at the half and 19-0 beginning of the 4th. From the game I watched and mostly everyone I talk to said it was closer than the score, unless you are a FD homer. Scott just couldn't move the ball on that college defense they are so talented.
Way to go Douglass. Scott County is down this year.
(09-25-2021, 05:22 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go  Douglass. Scott County is down this year.
Yes they are down, starting 17 underclassmen BUT, FD is that good I mean really good. Scott might not lose another game, until 2nd round were they will lose again FD, Sometimes the other team just has to many Jimmy and Joe's.  If FD doesn't have any major injuries and do not win the State Title. The whole staff should be let go. Most talented team in the state, and I have seen Male play.

(09-25-2021, 05:22 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go  Douglass. Scott County is down this year.
In more important news and really puts the game in perspective. One of Scott County buses caught on fire on the way back. Kids had to be rushed off and they lost all of there equipment The pictures of the bus are awful.
(09-25-2021, 07:46 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes they are down, starting 17 underclassmen BUT, FD is that good I mean really good. Scott might not lose another game, until 2nd round were they will lose again FD, Sometimes the other team just has to many Jimmy and Joe's.  If FD doesn't have any major injuries and do not win the State Title. The whole staff should be let go. Most talented team in the state, and I have seen Male play.

In more important news and really puts the game in perspective. One of Scott County buses caught on fire on the way back. Kids had to be rushed off and they lost all of there equipment The pictures of the bus are awful.

That is really sad news.  I hope no one was injured.

I saw that late last night Sad
(09-25-2021, 07:57 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]

That is really sad news.  I hope no one was injured.

Nobody was hurt but the video was scary looking. Looks like drivers side rear wheels caught fire. Glad they hadn't moved far or could have been terrible.
(09-25-2021, 02:27 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 11:06 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Final. I know this will sound strange based on the score, but it wasn’t even that close. 
Huh, I watched it, it was 12-0 at the half and 19-0 beginning of the 4th. From the game I watched and mostly everyone I talk to said it was closer than the score, unless you are a FD homer. Scott just couldn't move the ball on that college defense they are so talented.

You must have talked to Scott Co. people. Frederick Douglass had almost 200 total yards at the half and Scott Co. had less than 25 total yards, but what ever makes feel good the score could have easily been 50 or more to 0. We you run a wing-t offense and can't run the ball you are going to be in for a long night. Scott Co. only had 90 yards total for the game (84 rushing and 6 passing) compared to Douglass who had a more balanced attack (194 yards rushing and 194 yards passing) Also, Douglass had 59 total tackles with 9 for loss along with 4 sacks.

The only drive when Scott Co. actually moved the ball efficiently was their last drive in the last 2:30 minutes when Douglass had 5 subs in on defense.
(09-25-2021, 12:05 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2021, 02:27 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

You must have talked to Scott Co. people. Frederick Douglass had almost 200 total yards at the half and Scott Co. had less than 25 total yards, but what ever makes feel good the score could have easily been 50 or more to 0. We you run a wing-t offense and can't run the ball you are going to be in for a long night. Scott Co. only had 90 yards total for the game (84 rushing and 6 passing) compared to Douglass who had a more balanced attack (194 yards rushing and 194 yards passing) Also, Douglass had 59 total tackles with 9 for loss along with 4 sacks.

The only drive when Scott Co. actually moved the ball efficiently was their last drive in the last 2:30 minutes when Douglass had 5 subs in on defense.
I watched it with my own eyes if wasn't for Scott County defense it would have been 50-0. FD Homer. I seen FD players getting frustrated because couldn't score like normal 19-0 going into the 4thQ. Not going to mention his number but I seen a FD player go off on a Coach. I no you are a FD homer and always make excuses for them. but say a prayer for them boys, so thankful them boys made it off the bus in time.
Congratulations to Douglas. The opening of Great Crossing has really hurt the talent level at Scott County. Opening the new school was the right decision for the kids, but has been a detriment to the Scott County football program.
(09-25-2021, 01:39 PM)jlocke Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Douglas. The opening of Great Crossing has really hurt the talent level at Scott County. Opening the new school was the right decision for the kids, but has been a detriment to the Scott County football program.
Oh 1000% Scott Co. has around 1200 students, Great Crossing has about 1600. Next cycle Great Crossing will be 6A. A new Scott County High will be built and set to open in '24. So numbers might even out, but know you just have two mediocre teams in the county.
Just saw that Georgia State is leading Auburn at Auburn 24-12 in the 3rd quarter. Georgia State is where Frederick Douglass first head coach Brian Landis is now on the staff there.
The demise of Scott County football is being over exaggerated. The new school has hurt the last few classes and will affect this Senior and Junior class. But the football talent in the Sophomore and Freshman class is ridiculous. If I am not mistaken the JV squad has beaten FD, Corbin, Boyle, Bryan Station, and GC. I was told that even the FD fans that know football are worried about what the future hold. Better live it up for next couple of years. I watched the game the other night and it was a dog fight the first half but FD just wore them down. FD has a really good defense that will keep them in the hunt for a 5A title but the offense does not live up to the hype. With all that talent, they still will not win a state title. Hopefully they will stay in 5A instead of trying to compete with the Louisville schools year in and year out when reclassification takes place.

With the new school you will see that GC basketball team will be really good for next few years and go on a three year run of being one of the top programs.