Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell vs. Cawood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long road trip for Powell and they have to win this to even have a slim chance to make the playoffs.TongueirateSho
I am going with Cawood on this one.
Here is the CalPreps Projection with a link to the site

Powell County (Stanton, KY) at Cawood (Harlan, KY), 7:30pm [projection: Cawood (Harlan, KY) 35-7]

http://www.calpreps.com/2007/week_Kentucky_5.htm

Cawood, BIG!
estill fan Wrote:I am going with Cawood on this one.
Do u every think powell can win a game? its ppl like u why players get there head down!
ballgurl00 Wrote:Do u every think powell can win a game? its ppl like u why players get there head down!

I'm Going With Cawood Too... But Yes I Do Think Powell Can Win A Few Games...Just Not This One... I Mean Really Cawood Beat Fleming And Powell Lost To Fleming 35-6... And Cawood Played Breathitt(#1 In The District) And Lost By Like 15 Points...So no I Dont See Powell Winning This One...
Cawood-36
Powell-12
i am going to cawood also powell co will do their best. win or lose they will still be there.
ballgurl00 Wrote:Do u every think powell can win a game? its ppl like u why players get there head down!

Powell could possible win again, but just not this matchup. I didn't realize my post was so harsh. I was only giving my thoughts on the outcome of the game which is what this thread is about. I didn't make any commitments on the team and how they were playing. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves.
i think if more ppl would be behind powell and have the confidence in them that some ppl do then they could win any game thrown at them but people look down on them becuase in the past it has been horrible well IMO powell is gonna win
Cawood
I have to go with Cawood on this game too. Posts like these that are not putting down your team or players should fire them up to prove everyone wrong. Furthermore, if Powell wants respect, they have to hit the weight room in the off season and earn that respect on the field, not on this or any other forum. Good luck to both teams.
powell has been earning some respect on the field and they do hit the weoghts in the off season. however when powell has 20 players and other teams have 40 how can you compete? when you play both o and d you get tired. let powell build their numbers up then see how they do. go pirates.
qb destroyer Wrote:powell has been earning some respect on the field and they do hit the weoghts in the off season. however when powell has 20 players and other teams have 40 how can you compete? when you play both o and d you get tired. let powell build their numbers up then see how they do. go pirates.

Having 20 players is rough, but not in the way you mention. It hurts because you can't get adequate looks in practice, but you can't use the offense/defense excuse, many schools in your area have players that go both ways that's just football.
Lucky13 Wrote:Having 20 players is rough, but not in the way you mention. It hurts because you can't get adequate looks in practice, but you can't use the offense/defense excuse, many schools in your area have players that go both ways that's just football.

yeah but the teams that have the 40 players can take their boys out for a few plays and still have someone to fill in that is experienced... when we take our main players out for a couple plays we have to put in people who are less experienced... most of the boys that we have are freshmen and sophmores
Cawood
When I played football, you couldn't pry me out of a game. I heard someone say when I first moved into this area that this kid or that kid played both ways in football. Heck, that's all I ever knew! But I wouldn't have had it any other way. They know their gonna be in all game long...that should motivate them to GET in shape and STAY in shape. We are way behind in strength. I watched them lift and it ain't pretty. We have a few that are pretty strong...but alot that are really weak. It's gonna take a couple of years.
Go Pirates! I am behind you, Win or Lose.............
cawood by a bunch
cawood runs it and powell cant stop the run. powell just cant stop a team that runs it all year
Cawood-48
Powell-12