Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 43 Breathitt County 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Jackson.
Hard fought game. Both teams played hard. Great night of football regardless of the outcome.
Was a good game. I'll give Perry credit. They are better than I thought and our run defence is worse than I thought. But it's early. Good luck to the commodores the rest of the way.
Both Miller and Eldridge with a huge night on the ground. Both with 2 TDs and 150+ yards.
Very disappointed in tonight's loss. All off-season I was told all about this defensive front and saw good things over the summer but they cannot stop a power run game. Its that plain and simple. That last scoring drive PCC lines up in Power I and runs it down the field on Breathitt without much opposition.
I think Breathitt should try a scheme change and get more size on the field. They're running primarily a 3-4 I would like to see them go to a 4-3 or even a 4-4 against some of these more traditional formations such as the Power I and Wishbone.
This one surprised me! Congrats to Perry!
Breathitt didn't make use of the clock very well.
I'd have to go back and look, but I don't think they used a single timeout that stopped the clock and they ended up getting one delay of game. Perry Central with a big drive to take the lead and a couple first downs to run out the clock late.

Great game though. Both teams played hard.
(09-10-2021, 11:26 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]Very disappointed in tonight's loss. All off-season I was told all about this defensive front and saw good things over the summer but they cannot stop a power run game. Its that plain and simple. That last scoring drive PCC lines up in Power I and runs it down the field on Breathitt without much opposition.
I think Breathitt should try a scheme change and get more size on the field. They're running primarily a 3-4 I would like to see them go to a 4-3 or even a 4-4 against some of these more traditional formations such as the Power I and Wishbone.
I think that the formations PCC ran caught the Bobcats off guard.  They saw the Floyd Central game where PCC ran out of a spread all game and prepared for that.  For the most part they shut down PCC when they ran out of the spread look.  The power I and the traditional I formations gave them fits!
Congratulations PCC!