Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass at Paul Laurence Dunbar (9/10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frederick Douglass travels across town Friday night to take on the Bulldogs of PLD. There were some people around Lexington who felt going into this season that this could be the year that either Bryan Station/Dunbar or both could knock off the Broncos. Douglass has already defeated Bryan Station 27-14 to open the season. Dunbar after a 69-28 win over Breathitt Co. Has since lost to Madison Cent. by 10 and by 50 to Woodford Co.

I think this will be another big win (running clock) for the Broncos.
(09-09-2021, 11:44 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass travels across town Friday night to take on the Bulldogs of PLD. There were some people around Lexington who felt going into this season that this could be the year that either Bryan Station/Dunbar or both could knock off the Broncos. Douglass has already defeated Bryan Station 27-14 to open the season. Dunbar after a 69-28 win over Breathitt Co. Has since lost to Madison Cent. by 10 and by 50 to Woodford Co.

Y'all really need to get out of your current class and district. I understand you all have to play the other 5 city teams, which all have not been good for a few season now... but y'all have to start scheduling a tougher non district (Boyle Co) is great start, but those city teams and your district will not get you ready for that  "chips". I pick FD by 4 TD over the dawgs.
(09-10-2021, 01:49 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2021, 11:44 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass travels across town Friday night to take on the Bulldogs of PLD. There were some people around Lexington who felt going into this season that this could be the year that either Bryan Station/Dunbar or both could knock off the Broncos. Douglass has already defeated Bryan Station 27-14 to open the season. Dunbar after a 69-28 win over Breathitt Co. Has since lost to Madison Cent. by 10 and by 50 to Woodford Co.

Y'all really need to get out of your current class and district. I understand you all have to play the other 5 city teams, which all have not been good for a few season now... but y'all have to start scheduling a tougher non district (Boyle Co) is great start, but those city teams and your district will not get you ready for that  "chips". I pick FD by 4 TD over the dawgs.

I'm not sure what else more they could do. It would not matter what class they were in they would still have to play all 5 city schools. No school controls what district they are in. Plus in their district they have Grant and Montgomery which are both very bad. However, Scott Co. is very strong year in and year out and Great Crossing is improving a lot each year.

As stated before their current schedule they are allowed only 1 game to schedule a year outside of their required ones. I don't think Boyle Co. this year is a great start. In their 5 years of being a school 4 out of 5 of those years they have played very good teams.

2017- First game as a program at Danville who went on to defeat Mayfield by 2 touchdowns to win the state 2A championship
2019- Lexington Catholic (led by Bo Allen)
2020- Scheduled St. X (cancelled by Covid) Did play Lexington Christian Academy who lost in OT to Beechwood in 2A championship game.
2021- Boyle Co.
In addition to this Douglass has scrimmaged the following schools: Trinity (twice) Corbin, GRC, Madision Cent. St. X (cancelled due to weather)