Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 2A AP Poll 9/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 2A Poll for week of 9/6/2021

1. Beechwood 3-0
2. Lex. Christian 3-0
3. Mayfield 3-0
4. Murray 2-0
5. Danville 2-1
6. Middlesboro 3-0
7. Hancock Co. 3-0
8. Metcalfe Co. 2-1
9. Somerset 1-2
10. West Carter 1-1

Others receiving votes: 11. Walton-Verona 12. Owensboro Catholic 13. Morgan Co. 14. Todd Co. Central
A matchup between Beechwood and LCA would really be something to see.
(09-07-2021, 07:35 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]A matchup between Beechwood and LCA would really be something to see.

If Covid doesn't knock one of them from the playoffs, I think we will get to see that matchup.
Somerset is not a top 10 team. Doesn’t mean they can’t be by the end of the year, but they’re just not top 10 in 2a. Maybe not even top 30.
(09-07-2021, 03:53 PM)GreyStoke Wrote: [ -> ]Somerset is not a top 10 team. Doesn’t mean they can’t be by the end of the year, but they’re just not top 10 in 2a. Maybe not even top 30.

You're reaching there. Not top 10, sure. What they are is an average team with a very above average schedule. People don't realize how big of a drop off there is after the top 3 in 2A this year. LCA is probably a top 5 team overall in the state. Beechwood is right there too and is probably the best team in NKY this year. Mayfield is certainly in the discussion for the best team overall in the West. After that you've got a couple of teams playing some decent ball in Danville, Middlesboro, maybe a couple others, and then that's it. Somerset is not what they've been the past couple of years but they are a long way from bottom feeder.
I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch at all. There are about 40 teams in the class and the top 15 are better teams today. Even with maybe the teams in spots 16-20. Maybe saying 30 was off.

Schedule is tough, I give them that. Schedule may not show how good they could be in their own class. All that is logical.

As I see it there are 5 games on the schedule left they could prove a lot.

Paintsville, Hazard, Williamsburg, Danville and Washington County. Assuming you’re right about their ranking, where are the wins from this set of games?

I think everyone can go ahead and skip the fact they have a shot at Corbin and at LCA. (Not many teams will compete with those two statewide)
(09-07-2021, 06:24 PM)GreyStoke Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch at all. There are about 40 teams in the class and the top 15 are better teams today. Even with maybe the teams in spots 16-20. Maybe saying 30 was off.

Schedule is tough, I give them that. Schedule may not show how good they could be in their own class. All that is logical.

As I see it there are 5 games on the schedule left they could prove a lot.

Paintsville, Hazard, Williamsburg, Danville and Washington County. Assuming you’re right about their ranking, where are the wins from this set of games?

I think everyone can go ahead and skip the fact they have a shot at Corbin and at LCA.  (Not many teams will compete with those two statewide)

We'll definitely find out a lot in those games. I see them as toss ups right now, with Washington County being the only likely win and Danville being the likely loss due to Somerset's issues handling speed. Now obviously if they are 1-8 going into Washington County then I'll admit I was off base, but I don't think there's as much separation from Somerset and those teams as it may appear at this point.
I’m not hating on them I just don’t see the rankings for them this season. Maybe in those games they see vast improvement.

If nothing else, you have to hope the schedule makes them grow up in the off season to get better for a run next year. You have to hope so anyway.