Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mets Collapsed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mets blew a 7 game lead in the NL East with 17 games left in the season.Very shocking to me, Is this the biggest collaspe in MLB?
In recent memory, it is without a doubt, i think. And i dont think a lot of the blame should be put on Willie. Some of the poor ridiculous plays they made are what cost them. And it all began about 2 weeks ago, in a series against the team that ultimately overtook them....the PHILS. They held a lead in all of 3 of those games, with 2 of them being a late lead into at least the 6th inning.
Personally, i jus dont think Philly can be a major contender in the post season, and i am one that likes to see the teams who are the most talented battle it out for the Series. but, Philly did a great job and definitely deserve to be where they are.
Oh well, at least i know i will have one of my 2 favs in a league championship series, with the Yanks and Indians squaring off in the first round.

Cant wait for it all to begin Wednesday. Just about rivals the LLWS and Derby week as my favorite times of the year.........except for APPLE DAY of course. hahaha
Has to be one of the biggest collapses I can ever remember. To be up 7 games with 17 to go seems like an insurmountable lead...

It's kinda like the Mets did this: :igiveup:
Huge collapse but i don't think any of the blame can be put on Willie Randolph. He put his team in position to win their division and make the playoffs. The mets really don't have a vocal or emotional leader, most of their players are players who go about their business and don't say a whole lot (Alou, Reyes, and epscially Beltran). No one was there to stop the train as it roll backwards. But congrats Phillies.
i think the Bluejays blew a 5 game lead in 7 days in the late 80's and lost division to Redsox straight up.
No other team in MLB history has had a 7 game lead with 17 games to play and blown it according to ESPN. BTW, Willie Randolph will be retained as manager of the Mets despite the collaspe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3045841