Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covid Forfeit Win vs Playing a game your buy week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question:

If team A receives a covid forfeit victory due to team B having to cancel due to covid it is my understanding that the "win" counts the same as it pertains to RPI as if the game were actually played. If team A decides in 3 weeks to schedule a game during their buy week do they forfeit the original covid win from earlier in the season? Or could they potentially have 11 games factoring into their RPI?
(09-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question:

If team A receives a covid forfeit victory due to team B having to cancel due to covid it is my understanding that the "win" counts the same as it pertains to RPI as if the game were actually played. If team A decides in 3 weeks to schedule a game during their buy week do they forfeit the original covid win from earlier in the season? Or could they potentially have 11 games factoring into their RPI?

I'm pretty sure if the team that got the forfeit win is able to find a game later in the season then the forfeit win for Team A and the forfeit loss for Team B becomes a no contest. Team A's forfeit win would be replaced with the result of their replacement game and Team B's forfeit loss would be replaced with a bye week no contest.
(09-03-2021, 06:17 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question:

I'm pretty sure if the team that got the forfeit win is able to find a game later in the season then the forfeit win for Team A and the forfeit loss for Team B becomes a no contest. Team A's forfeit win would be replaced with the result of their replacement game and Team B's forfeit loss would be replaced with a bye week no contest.
See that was one of my solutions to this stuff. Increase the games that you CAN play, don’t have too though. And then if they schedule another one, they keep the forfeit plus the result of the other too