Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield @ Paducah Tilghman 9/03
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mayfield will travel to Paducah Tilghman. These teams know each other well. Mayfield just put away Hopkinsville 21-3 while Paducah Tilghman let one slip away 41-34 to Graves County.

I look for Mayfield to roll. 

Mayfield 35
Paducah Tilghman 21

Who you got?
Paducah Tilghman has a good offense as the amount of scoring shows, but defense is giving up a lot of points. I think Paducah Tilghman has a good chance in high scoring game.
Scarlet Aviators - 42
Blue Breezes - 13
Ill take Mayfield by 2 scores 21 to 7.Need more posters this site is as dead as ive ever seen it.
(08-29-2021, 12:43 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Ill take Mayfield by 2 scores 21 to 7.Need more posters this site is as dead as ive ever seen it.

The posters spirit is broke. lol
I would one day like to watch this game in person in Mayfield.  For some reason this rivalry has always interested me.  Anyway, I'll take Mayfield in this game.
I'm picking Tilghman tonight 28-27.
PT is always loaded with skill and speed. One of the few teams in western ky that can match Mayfield’s speed on an annual basis. I’ll take mayfield in a close game simply because Mayfield will be the better coaches team.
I think it'll be a competitive game, but, the Cards will find a way to take advantage of some PT mistakes and pull away late. I do think it'll be a fairly high scoring game, in the neighborhood of 38-21..
(08-29-2021, 08:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 12:43 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Ill take Mayfield by 2 scores 21 to 7.Need more posters this site is as dead as ive ever seen it.

Ill take Mayfields spirit and mine over you and your teams whoever that maybe PJ any day!!!!!
This is a dangerous PT team, if the wind socks fix a few areas like the special teams and pass defense they will cause us problems but I willtake my Cards by a score of 28 to 14
(08-29-2021, 09:05 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I would one day like to watch this game in person in Mayfield.  For some reason this rivalry has always interested me.  Anyway, I'll take Mayfield in this game.
You would enjoy it. Great atmosphere, respect between the teams. Teams usually match up fairly equal in speed and talent.
(08-30-2021, 05:08 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 09:05 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]I would one day like to watch this game in person in Mayfield.  For some reason this rivalry has always interested me.  Anyway, I'll take Mayfield in this game.
You would enjoy it. Great atmosphere, respect between the teams. Teams usually match up fairly equal in speed and talent.

It's been 2005 since Tilghman has gotten a win in this series. but, like you said, the teams usually match up well in overall talent. In some of those recent years, PT likely had the more talented team. Many people outside the West Ky. loop will look at this game as one-sided because of the recent streak Mayfield's on, but, boy, there's been some really close, hard fought games. Gotta believe that the coaching stability that Mayfield has, has gotten them several of those wins. If PT had that same stability with there staff over the years, it'd likely be a different story.
(08-30-2021, 10:47 AM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 08:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Ill take Mayfields spirit and mine over you and your teams whoever that maybe PJ any day!!!!!

You'll take a loss and a long drive back home after being arrogant and getting your spirit broke.
You never did say who your team was PJ could it be whitley county or Corbin i think we have the edge on Corbin if thats your team and whitley county who are they so i doubt we would come away with a broken spirit no matter who your team is if u have one PJ!!!
(08-31-2021, 01:39 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]You never did say who your team was PJ could it be whitley county or Corbin i think we have  the edge on Corbin if thats your team and whitley county who are they so i doubt we would come away with a broken spirit no matter who your team is if u have one PJ!!!

The people with a broken spirit don't get on here and spread their arrogance like they used to. wake up and pay attention. Everybody knows who my team is, and that has nothing to do with spirit. I'm no Corbin fan, but you are birdbrain55 if you think Mayfield has the edge on them this year. lol
Mayfield over Paducah 42-21 after the CARDS break their spirit. This Mayfield squad to me is going to become more and more dangerous as the season wears on. They are improving week to week and they are having fun. As for a team that's having fun, that equals W's.
Post season could be very interesting this year.
I believe Mayfield will contain the Tilghman RB much better than Graves Co, and that will give them another TD edge. I felt Graves Co was another 3-7 points better than Tilghman.
Give me the Cardinals by 14+
(08-31-2021, 01:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 01:39 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]You never did say who your team was PJ could it be whitley county or Corbin i think we have  the edge on Corbin if thats your team and whitley county who are they so i doubt we would come away with a broken spirit no matter who your team is if u have one PJ!!!

The people with a broken spirit don't get on here and spread their arrogance like they used to. wake up and pay attention. Everybody knows who my team is, and that has nothing to do with spirit. I'm no Corbin fan, but you are birdbrain55 if you think Mayfield has the edge on them this year. lol
PJ your the one spreading their arrogance by the insulting way you post back to someone just posting for their team and the name calling u did in the last post to me was insulting as far as im concerned you showed how much of a birdbrain55 you are.I still dont know your team PJ are you afraid to name them im not everybody else i dont keep up with you.Im sure Mayfield doesnt have to take backwaater from your team or anyone elses.
(08-31-2021, 06:14 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 01:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

PJ your the one spreading their arrogance by the insulting way you post back to someone just posting for their team and the name calling u did in the last post to me was insulting as far as im concerned you showed how much of a birdbrain55 you are.I still dont know your team PJ are you afraid to name them im not everybody else i dont keep up with you.Im sure Mayfield doesnt have to take backwaater from your team or anyone elses.

You took the bait. Now I'll slowly reel you in Smile
Another thread said Mayfield LB left early in last week's game. He's a game changer, and hopefully the young man is alright.
Good luck mayfield.

Mayfield 35
Paducah Tilghman 28
Cardinals 35
Tornado 21
anyone have any info on Jax Rodgers injury last Friday will he be able to play Friday night.Feel for the kid 2 years 2 injuries early in the season hope this one doesnt keep him out for the year!!!