Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County @ Lynn Camp 9/03
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay County will travel to Lynn Camp. Clay comes off a nice victory over rival Leslie County 28-14. Lynn Camp got clubbed by Frankfort 52-0. 

I look for Clay County to unload. 

Clay County 42
Lynn Camp 7

Who you got.
Clay county needs to dodge these 1A&2A schools………just saying

Clay County 49
Lynn Camp 00
(08-29-2021, 02:07 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Clay county needs to dodge these 1A&2A schools………just saying

Clay County 49
Lynn Camp 00

I agree 64SUR. They were in a gauntlet for years and had so many coaching changes. Putting Knox on the schedule was a step in the right direction. I personally think adding teams like Bell County, Breathitt and Rockcastle would add some flavor to the pudding.
(08-29-2021, 02:07 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Clay county needs to dodge these 1A&2A schools………just saying

Clay County 49
Lynn Camp 00

Lynn Camp is only one that can really be argued that shouldn't be on there but they were rocking and shut Clay out in a scrimmage about the same time they started playing a couple years ago. It's not Clay's fault the LC program has fell on hard times simultaneously as Clay's program has improved. The Leslie County game should always be on there for both teams for the gate and rivalry between the two schools. The rest of the schools on there are just like Clay. Clay is essentially a 3A school playing in a 5A district when you look at the enrollments of the schools right now even though they're considered 4A. Either way, the school has made tremendous strides with the players, coaches, and the upgrades that have been made the last few years and needs to do whatever it takes to keep it going.

(08-29-2021, 02:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Clay County 49
Lynn Camp 00

I agree 64SUR. They were in a gauntlet for years and had so many coaching changes. Putting Knox on the schedule was a step in the right direction. I personally think adding teams like Bell County, Breathitt and Rockcastle would add some flavor to the pudding.

I think Clay matches up really well with those three school right now they would be great games for sure.
Los Tigres - 42
Happy Campers - 6
Clay County with a running clock. LC set their program back a decade with how they've handled the coaching situation over the last 6 months.
(08-30-2021, 11:54 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]Clay County with a running clock. LC set their program back a decade with how they've handled the coaching situation over the last 6 months.

I agree it’s unbelievable how schools are ready to get rid of coaches that have done really well for 5/6 years over a single or couple down years.  See how’s it working out down in Knoxville at the college level…
While I agree the Tigers could look to replace one of the smaller schools with a 4A team, people forget where this program was just a few seasons ago. They are also in a district that will be impossible to win for quite some time barring a change. As someone mentioned above, Clay County is actually a 3A school (5A 10 years ago). The Tigers had their chances to beat Knox and then honestly should’ve have beaten Leslie by more. With that being said, it would be bad if they didn’t cut loose in this one. I look for Rice to get back on track and put up some big numbers. He is due.
(08-30-2021, 11:49 PM)UKCC Wrote: [ -> ]While I agree the Tigers could look to replace one of the smaller schools with a 4A team, people forget where this program was just a few seasons ago. They are also in a district that will be impossible to win for quite some time barring a change. As someone mentioned above, Clay County is actually a 3A school (5A 10 years ago). The Tigers had their chances to beat Knox and then honestly should’ve have beaten Leslie by more. With that being said, it would be bad if they didn’t cut loose in this one. I look for Rice to get back on track and put up some big numbers. He is due.

People forget these games are scheduled years ahead of time.  I like what Sizemore is doing it may take a few more years to be competitive in the district but Clays heading in that direction, baby steps are sometimes a good thing
(08-31-2021, 12:08 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 11:49 PM)UKCC Wrote: [ -> ]While I agree the Tigers could look to replace one of the smaller schools with a 4A team, people forget where this program was just a few seasons ago. They are also in a district that will be impossible to win for quite some time barring a change. As someone mentioned above, Clay County is actually a 3A school (5A 10 years ago). The Tigers had their chances to beat Knox and then honestly should’ve have beaten Leslie by more. With that being said, it would be bad if they didn’t cut loose in this one. I look for Rice to get back on track and put up some big numbers. He is due.

People forget these games are scheduled years ahead of time.  I like what Sizemore is doing it may take a few more years to be competitive in the district but Clays heading in that direction, baby steps are sometimes a good thing

Good point. He definitely has turned it around for sure. Someone has to play Johnson Central, I guess. Haha the other 4 teams are fighting for their lives in that one.
Clay County 35-7
Clay County was probably a bottom 10 program state wide a couple years ago. They were having trouble competing with anybody. It’s been great watching them rise back to a competitive level in the area. I think they cruise by Lynn Camp.
Clay 40-0
This Will be the Tate Rice show. Clay 35- Camp-14. I don't think the Tigers will look to run the score up on them.