Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood @ Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Beechwood Tigers will come to Prestonsburg's Blackcat Stadium Next Saturday. The Tigers are coming off there 14-7 loss to Covington Catholic and Prestonsburg is coming off there 28-0 victory over Paintsville. Should be a good football game. Good Luck to both.

Gametime: October 6th @ 4pm; Blackcat Stadium, Prestonsburg.
I think Beechwood will handle Prestonsburg with ease.

Beechwood-41
Pburg-14
Beechwood-37
Prestonsburg-14
Beechwood 48
Prestonsburg 16
Beechwood 49
Prestonsburg 8
p-burg looks good playing all these small schools that don.t have much of a football team.this week against beechwood will tell you if they are a good football team or not.beechwood 35 & p-burg 17.
Beechwood-34
P-Burg-14
[quote=blackcat_student]The Beechwood Tigers will come to Prestonsburg's Blackcat Stadium Next Saturday. The Tigers are coming off there 14-7 loss to Covington Catholic and Prestonsburg is coming off there 28-0 victory over Paintsville. Should be a good football game. Good Luck to both.

Gametime: October 6th @ 4pm; Blackcat Stadium, Prestonsburg.[/quote]

Is Beechwood also on fall break or something?
gish_7 Wrote:[quote=blackcat_student]The Beechwood Tigers will come to Prestonsburg's Blackcat Stadium Next Saturday. The Tigers are coming off there 14-7 loss to Covington Catholic and Prestonsburg is coming off there 28-0 victory over Paintsville. Should be a good football game. Good Luck to both.

Gametime: October 6th @ 4pm; Blackcat Stadium, Prestonsburg.[/quote]

Is Beechwood also on fall break or something?

IDK... All I know is that there coming down Friday and getting a hotel, and playing on Saturday.
blackcat_student Wrote:[quote=gish_7]

IDK... All I know is that there coming down Friday and getting a hotel, and playing on Saturday.
Oh my bad..I was thinking that October 6th was on a Friday
blackcat_student Wrote:[quote=gish_7]

Wrong ..... Beechwood getting a motel on Friday night? ..... That is a good one. This game is happening on a Saturday at 4:00 pm .... because they are not allowed to leave school for a sporting event on a school day ... and so they will be back at a reasonable hour on Saturday night.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:[quote=blackcat_student]

Wrong ..... Beechwood getting a motel on Friday night? ..... That is a good one. This game is happening on a Saturday at 4:00 pm .... because they are not allowed to leave school for a sporting event on a school day ... and so they will be back at a reasonable hour on Saturday night.

Nobody said they were leavin school on friday did they, they said Beechwood was stayin in a hotel friday night, NOT saturday. So what happens if Beechwood makes it to the Sweet 16 and have to play in the mornin session, do they forfiet the game cause it's occurin durin school hours Rolleyes.
As for my prediction, Beechwood by alot.
Beechwood 52
Prestonsburg 14
I thought this game was going to be at Morehead State? When was that changed?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I thought this game was going to be at Morehead State? When was that changed?

It will be at Morehead State next season.
Redneck Wrote:Nobody said they were leavin school on friday did they, they said Beechwood was stayin in a hotel friday night, NOT saturday. So what happens if Beechwood makes it to the Sweet 16 and have to play in the mornin session, do they forfiet the game cause it's occurin durin school hours Rolleyes.

Why in the world is that quote under my name? I didn't even post that.
The only way I see my Blackcats winning this one is if they can cause turnovers. I'm sure Coach James will work extra hard with the defense on stopping there rushing attack. Plus if the Blackcats defense is on the field the whole night than we are in for a long night. So the offensive line is gonna have to step up and and block some more people, and Craynon needs to hit the hole alot more faster than he has been to pick up yards. The passing game is gonna have to be effective also, and some guys from the bench are gonna have to step up this week in practice. Go Blackcats!

Beechwood- 28
Prestonsburg- 14
Redneck Wrote:[quote=KentuckyHillBilly5321]

Nobody said they were leavin school on friday did they, they said Beechwood was stayin in a hotel friday night, NOT saturday. So what happens if Beechwood makes it to the Sweet 16 and have to play in the mornin session, do they forfiet the game cause it's occurin durin school hours Rolleyes.

A couple things--in the playoffs/championships--teams are allowed to leave school early for games. In order for Beechwood to be at Prestonsburg at a "reasonable" hour--they would need to leave school early on Friday--which again ... isn't an option.

Second point--thank goodness that Beechwood realizes how good Prestonsburg is .... I can't tell if you guys really think the Blackcats are that bad ... or if you are sandbagging.
no....nobody's sandbagging. Prestonsburg has a pretty good football team. But whats fact is fact, they arent as good as Beechwood. Nothing against the Blackcats at all. I have nothing but respect for them, but they are gonna get waxed Saturday..
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:[quote=Redneck]

A couple things--in the playoffs/championships--teams are allowed to leave school early for games. In order for Beechwood to be at Prestonsburg at a "reasonable" hour--they would need to leave school early on Friday--which again ... isn't an option.

Second point--thank goodness that Beechwood realizes how good Prestonsburg is .... I can't tell if you guys really think the Blackcats are that bad ... or if you are sandbagging.
Beechwood
I'd say this game will draw a huge crowd, with UK playing thursday and most games either thursday or friday. It will give people like me a chance to go watch two quality football teams play and both may be an opponet on the Panthers' schedule this year. I think this should be a respectable game

Beechwood- 35 Prestonsburg- 14
Beechwood-17
Prestonburg-12
I'd like to see a few people from BGR come to the game. Wouldn't mind meeting a few of ya before or after the game.
Beechwood wins this one 42-14.
I think Pburg will keep it close, and won't be surprised to see them pull out the upset.
i think that p burg can and will pull out a major upset
Here is the CalPreps Projection with a link to the site

Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) at Prestonsburg (KY), 4:00pm [projection: Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) 28-14]

http://www.calpreps.com/2007/week_Kentucky_5.htm

I think this one will be closer than most people are thinking and i think Pburg has a great shot againt Beechwood.
I am going out on a limb and saying Pburg by 21!!! Coach Derrosett knows how to get his boys ready for the big games.
Pages: 1 2