Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps at Prestonsburg 9/3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins?
Phelps 28-20
Way pburg looks……Honestly I’d say Phelps by A TD maybe 28-21….
In a pillow fight…

Bad Omens - 13
Blue Insects - 12
I think it depends on how many players burg can get out of quarantine this week.

Full squads:
Burg 21
Phelps 13

Quarantines
Burg 6
Phelps 21
Have these two ever played before? Give me Phelps 25-6
Pburg wins this. Seems like Coach Andy can’t get it going at phelps. Too bad. If they could find someone to come to that area I’m sure they’d open to new coaches
While I don't think Prestonsburg's offense is going to runaway from many teams, they have some really good football players. Decent size, good speed, just low on depth right now because of contact tracing. I'm not sure when the rest of the team is back, but right now they're practicing with 18 guys.

Either way, I still think Prestonsburg wins this ball game.... 22-8.
This game has been moved to Prestonsburg due to field conditions at Phelps.
(09-01-2021, 06:22 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]This game has been moved to Prestonsburg due to field conditions at Phelps.

I'm assuming that Phelps field must be flooded for them to have switched to Prestonsburg for the game because Phelps has a brand new turf field.
I believe the only player Pburg has out right now is QB Dylan Shannon. He could be back before Friday. If he is, I expect him to get some reps behind center. He’s on the smaller side, but he’s physical, throws a clean ball, and has decent speed as well.

The rest of the team is back and practicing after many were sidelined because of contact tracing.

Go Blackcats!!!
(09-02-2021, 04:08 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the only player Pburg has out right now is QB Dylan Shannon. He could be back before Friday. If he is, I expect him to get some reps behind center. He’s on the smaller side, but he’s physical, throws a clean ball, and has decent speed as well.

The rest of the team is back and practicing after many were sidelined because of contact tracing.

Go Blackcats!!!

That is excellent news! We should get to see what this team is capable of tomorrow with all starters back.
(09-02-2021, 04:08 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the only player Pburg has out right now is QB Dylan Shannon. He could be back before Friday. If he is, I expect him to get some reps behind center. He’s on the smaller side, but he’s physical, throws a clean ball, and has decent speed as well.

Go Blackcats!!!
The Blackcats are without a few more players. 
Senior DL/LS TJ Lafferty & Junior OL/DL/LB Gavin Stephens have been out for 2 weeks. I hear a few more kids are still out, but that about 85% will be dressed tomorrow.
The black cats have one of the best offensive lines that they have had in years. I look for them to control the line of scrimmage and to grind Phelps down. I call it close at half time then the Blackcats pull away in the second half. 20-6.
When did Phelps get turf? They didn’t have it last season.
(09-02-2021, 06:44 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: [ -> ]When did Phelps get turf?  They didn’t have it last season.

Oh their new football facility wasn’t given turf?
ALL football fields have turf.
Seriously.
Seriously????
Sheesh.
No.
Pburg is supposed to have some good size linemen if they play it will be interesting to see how they are.