Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Carter County suspends Extra Curricular Activities Aug 30- Sept. 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Schools will be on NTI all next week along with no sports next week.

Evidently had 96 students in the County test positive this week alone.
Isn’t this the second time for them
(09-24-2020, 07:42 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Those were district games, so those should be forfeits right?

(08-27-2021, 03:13 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t this the second time for them

Yes this is the 2nd time at the first of the month he suspended all activities at the first of the month from I think Aug. 3-16.
The superintendent is leaving his last day is Aug. 31 so this is his last thing I guess heading out the door.

If the comment about 96 students testing positive that would be out of almost 5000 total students in the district. That would be just over 2% of the total population testing positive.
Shut it all down
(08-27-2021, 04:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Shut it all down
Shut your account down clown. Imagine the stupidity of someone who wants sports shut down but yet still posts on a sports message board.
(08-27-2021, 04:12 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2020, 07:42 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Those were district games, so those should be forfeits right?

(08-27-2021, 03:13 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t this the second time for them

Yes this is the 2nd time at the first of the month he suspended all activities at the first of the month from I think Aug. 3-16.
The superintendent is leaving his last day is Aug. 31 so this is his last thing I guess heading out the door.

If the comment about 96 students testing positive that would be out of almost 5000 total students in the district. That would be just over 2% of the total population testing positive.
Problem is how many are in quarantine. Guessing that number is as high as 500 or more.
I really hate that this for those kids and that community. I'm not going to get into what I think about this "virus" because I don't want to make this political but it's sad what's happening.
(08-27-2021, 06:07 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 04:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Shut it all down
Shut your account down clown. Imagine the stupidity of someone who wants sports shut down but yet still posts on a sports message board.

I agree Ralph. I can't believe some of these people have ever been around a football or beat down before.
(08-27-2021, 06:17 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]I really hate that this for those kids and that community. I'm not going to get into what I think about this "virus" because I don't want to make this political but it's sad what's happening.

I hate politics, but you know We're gonna have to go into it soon. I won't be living in fear or staying in the house.
Seems like an overreaction…can’t they just burn all the science books?
Can't they just let brainwashed cowards stay home and tremble in fear?
(08-27-2021, 08:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Can't they just let brainwashed cowards stay home and tremble in fear?
It should be mandatory.
(08-27-2021, 08:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Can't they just let brainwashed cowards stay home and tremble in fear?
Based on population trends up y’uns way, those “brainwashed cowards” aren’t content simply to “stay home”…they’re abandoning your impoverished, opiate-addled Shangri-La by the tens of thousands.

No worries, though—just all the more squalor for you brave, free-thinking patriots.
^^^I wish they would abandon my Shangri-La too!
What bothers me about this why wait until August 30 to shut it down and let East Carter play last night and they can play up to the 30. If it’s that bad can’t they spread it in those days before August 30?
You know that answer Pat. What we’ve seen during this covid shit is we have all the wrong people in all the wrong spots making wrong decisions. I personally feel some people are so power hungry that they only concern themselves with being able to make decisions and not worrying about the reprocessing of their decisions. Some wanna slap themselves on the back and say….see what I did
(08-28-2021, 10:55 AM)Gitback Coach Wrote: [ -> ]
Based on population trends up y’uns way, those “brainwashed cowards” aren’t content simply to “stay home”…they’re abandoning your impoverished, opiate-addled Shangri-La by the tens of thousands.

No worries, though—just all the more squalor for you brave, free-thinking patriots.
Hopefully all like you will leave. I'm sure  you don't have drugs where you are.  You show your low intelligence level when you pretend to be smart by making fun of people living in poverty.