Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paducah Tilghman (3A) @ Graves County (5A)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tilghman 1-0, travels down US 45 to Mayfield Aug. 27  to take on the Graves County Eagles who put up a fight but fell to cross town rival Mayfield 21-35 in the season opener for both teams. Tilghman has to fix its special teams play fast, especially kickoff coverage and fielding onside kicks. But the Tornados showed a gutsy offense with 308 yards passing. If Graves can't cover receiver Brian Thomas and contain QB Jack James, could be a long night.
Paducah Tilghman 28
Graves 21
I’ll take the eagles
Paducah Tilghman big

Paducah Tilghman 42
Graves County 14
At least in the KSR Poll - make that #1 3A Paducah Tilghman. Not sure if I would place them in the top 5, but potentially PT is an interesting team. A Frosh (in eligibility years) QB who threw for 310 yards and 3TD's against an average 6A team will get some second looks, as will his favorite receiver.
Looks like an even matchup on paper and whoever can win the running game has the edge.
Tilghman got dominating wins with huge rushing margins in past games. Graves Co got the wins in the years the margins were closer.

Passing game - looks even at this point with both having good development
Defense - even?? Graves faithful say might be quickest team ever, PT looks much improved in the trenches and gaps (usually each teams' concern)
Special teams - favors Graves Co only due to PTs poor performance last week.
Turnovers - differential hasn't played a factor in the past several games but always a potential intangible.
Third downs - Last week Tilghman did very good on converting on low percentage down and distance, Graves had some let downs in those defensive situations.

2020 Graves Co 17-7
2019 Tilghman 34-13
2018 Tilghman 41-7
2017 Graves Co 26-15
2016 Graves Co 43-42
Graves Co seems to be a solid 5A team but Paducah Tilghman looks to be the top team in 3A this season. This should be a good game. I'll take the Tornadoes on the road...

Paducah 35
Graves Co 28
I'm gonna go with Paducah Tilghman. 28-21.
I told ya, this graves county team is the best they have had in a while, they will deliver bust u I’m the mouth! Congrats eagles!