Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green (5A) @ McCracken Co. (6A)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Defending state champ Bowling Green travels about 150 miles west to the excellent facilities at McCracken County High school to take on the McCracken County Mustangs. Both teams will be looking for their 1st win of the season. Bowling Green narrowly lost to Highlands 21-18 in the Rafferty's Bowl @ WKU and McCracken County lost on its home turf to 3A Paducah Tilghman in the Rumble on the River. The game is scheduled for 7 pm Friday CST.
Bowling Green 21
McCracken County 20
With both teams coming off upset season opening losses and McCracken coming off a slightly worse loss:

Bowling Green 28
McCracken County 14
McCracken County had some chances against Paducah Tilghman, but didn't take advantage. Hope they can keep it close and pull one out against always tough Bowling Green.
Bowling Green by 21
I'm a Tilghman Grad, but I pull for McCracken now as I've lived in Lone Oak and now near the new high School since 1976. But Bowling Green will most likely win, but again match ups are always different.
I got some questions about Bowling Green. Did the QB get to come back and play, or what happened. I thought I saw where they voted to not let reclassification take place. Also I saw where Highlands came away with the victory. I missed it if anyone talked about it, but did Bowling Green graduate a bunch of players, or is Highlands coming alive? Bowling Green is tuff every year.
It will be an angry group of Purples arriving in West Paducah to face a disappointed group of Mustangs. Team mentality / confidence could be a factor and past matchups have gone to BG rather easily. Last year, the game was close at half before the Purples pulled away.
McCracken couldn't run on Tilghman, so it will take drastic improvements to do so against Bowling Green. It will be challenging for the Mustangs to get two offensive scores.
Bowling Green's offense will be the biggest question. If they improve from last week, look for BG to win by 14+. If McCracken doesn't improve from last week it could get ugly.
To be honest, I just don't know about this one after last week. I'm going to go with the "sorda" upset here....

Bowling Green 20
McCracken 21
Purples by a TD! 28-21
Saw on another site that Hunter Bradley had left the team and withdrawn from school, I had hoped he would rebound from a so so season last year and give the Mustangs a solid season. This could get some others going.
Good luck to Hunter moving forward. He's an outstanding person, and was a class act player and teammate for the Mustangs.
143 ypg, 7.66 ypc, and 13 TDs in 8 games is better than "so so" in my book, especially coming off a horrific injury.