Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath Co. 45 - Powell Co. 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
I really expected this outcome. Congrats Wildcats!
I predicted this outcome.
No surprise here. Congrats Bath Co.
To be honest, I expected more out of Bath co. It would have been a shut out if the freshman defense wasn't in there.
Congrats Bath Co. on the win... Good hard hitting game. Jesse is a RUNNER that will Knock you silly. Be ready when he's coming at you. Good hit on the long recption Wes. You stroked that kid. You guys didn't give up. # 13 was about all they had...He's a player.
Are you serious? Were you even at the game? You think that #13 was all that Bath had. Tell that to #33 He led Bath in rushing tonight with 195 yds on 13 carries with a TD. #13 had 189 yards on 12 carries with 3 TD's. The FB #3 punished people all night on both sides of the ball. The score could have been whatever the Cats wanted tonight. Good luck to Powell on the rest of the season.
Powells varsity scored on Baths freshman late in the ballgame. why didnt powell put in their fresh when Bath did? Powells defense cannot stop the running game at all. Ths Rose boy is their best quarterback and he is not even the quarterback.
To be better powell needs to leave jess Rose at their quarterback, he is a very finetuned athelete. hes the future for them and a freshman.
COngrats and I disagree with playing a freshman as a QB unless he is UNREAL! It can ruin a kid if the team doesn't have a good O-Line!
he is the best they have though
Congrats Bath..Bath is a solid football team that will hit you for 4 quarters..
Congrats Bath Co.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:To be honest, I expected more out of Bath co. It would have been a shut out if the freshman defense wasn't in there.

I meant to say I expected more out of Powell co. but I think everyone did. I have mixed feelings about Powell's QB situation. If you don't have a good O-line, the freshman is just going to get hit and scared away from the game and no one likes that. On the other hand, #2 wasn't very sharp with his passes but he had someone in his face all night.

And to comment on the "#13 was all they had" comment I'll leave you with some questions. How many times was Bath co. QB sacked? How many points did Bath co.'s varsity give up? How many sacks did Bath co. record? How many interceptions did Bath co. have? Football games are not won through individual efforts. Football is a TEAM sport that requires every man to do his part.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:I meant to say I expected more out of Powell co. but I think everyone did. I have mixed feelings about Powell's QB situation. If you don't have a good O-line, the freshman is just going to get hit and scared away from the game and no one likes that. On the other hand, #2 wasn't very sharp with his passes but he had someone in his face all night.

And to comment on the "#13 was all they had" comment I'll leave you with some questions. How many times was Bath co. QB sacked? How many points did Bath co.'s varsity give up? How many sacks did Bath co. record? How many interceptions did Bath co. have? Football games are not won through individual efforts. Football is a TEAM sport that requires every man to do his part.
#13 was the only one that impressed me. After he broke our back....then #33 got his yards. The QB was the best hitter Bath had. Someone commented that we should have put our second team in when Bath did......Our first team IS our 2nd team...lol...Come on dog, we don't got alot of players.
Great win by Bath Co. Good Job
I was at the game, and had it not been for powell's consistent ability to turn the ball over, they might have gave bath a game. I am thinking they had 6 or 7 turnovers. Their running back did run hard, but the qb hardly had ne time to throw the ball. He got picked off a few times, mainly because it was throw it up or take the sack, and down by 30, u throw it up. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.
footballdaddy10 Wrote:I was at the game, and had it not been for powell's consistent ability to turn the ball over, they might have gave bath a game. I am thinking they had 6 or 7 turnovers. Their running back did run hard, but the qb hardly had ne time to throw the ball. He got picked off a few times, mainly because it was throw it up or take the sack, and down by 30, u throw it up. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

the boys watched game film today, there were only 5 turnovers and 3 interceptions
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:I meant to say I expected more out of Powell co. but I think everyone did. I have mixed feelings about Powell's QB situation. If you don't have a good O-line, the freshman is just going to get hit and scared away from the game and no one likes that. On the other hand, #2 wasn't very sharp with his passes but he had someone in his face all night.

AMEN!!
PCHSPepBandHorn Wrote:the boys watched game film today, there were only 5 turnovers and 3 interceptions

Wrong!.....there was 3 lost fumbles and 3 INT's...6 total
blitz43 Wrote:Wrong!.....there was 3 lost fumbles and 3 INT's...6 total

that is what the coach told the players that were in the field house on monday... most were at jv so i guess coach whitaker was wrong...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:COngrats and I disagree with playing a freshman as a QB unless he is UNREAL! It can ruin a kid if the team doesn't have a good O-Line!
I couldn't agree more!!
One person cant win a game for you u have to play as a team thats powells problom they cant play as a team
ballgurl00 Wrote:One person cant win a game for you u have to play as a team thats powells problom they cant play as a team

I agree... this goes back to the post i made sometime about the one man show... the defense is awsome... until last week we hadn't given up a sack... some people on the offense want to do their own thing reguardless of what the coach tells them and thats why we lose so many possible td's and games that we could have won
ur not going to win games when u turn it over 6 times.. whether their interceptions or fumbles
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powells varsity scored on Baths freshman late in the ballgame. why didnt powell put in their fresh when Bath did? Powells defense cannot stop the running game at all. Ths Rose boy is their best quarterback and he is not even the quarterback.

The Rose boy may be their best athlete but not even close to the best quarterback. He may do the best at that position but strictly b/c of his athletic ability. He dont remember the plays good. He cant see over the line. Hes only completed 30 % of his passes. He is a runningback and also will be. #2 completed 70 % of his passes friday night. This was the first time this year that powell was over 50% passing. If the line cant hold then put jesse in and let him run it. When billy has time than he is way better. Not athletically tho, the stuff he has on jesse makes him a better qb like has a better arm, knows the whole playbook already, and makes better reads in coverage and he is 6'4 and can see. This is why jesse isnt the best QUARTERBACK but he is definitaly the better athlete. Everyone misconcepts this.
blitz43 Wrote:Wrong!.....there was 3 lost fumbles and 3 INT's...6 total

2 ints and 4 fumbles ...

Billy Rice- 2 ints, and 1 fumble

Jesse Rose- 3 fumbles

Powells two Qbs were responsible for every turnover
ballgurl00 Wrote:One person cant win a game for you u have to play as a team thats powells problom they cant play as a team

They wont play as a team b/c there not being coached as a team. Jesse has ran the ball 100 times out of 120 times. Not only is this going to get the 5'9 145 lb kid killed but the other teammates are starting to feel like decoys and they are starting to bicker amongst themselves.
Basebalking, you sound like your pretty close to the team. Jesse is 160. I at least got the amount of turnovers right. I think B.R. can play the QB pos. But he's got to get rid of the ball quicker. If the D is in cover 3 & we run the hitch route with the outside WR's...They WILL be open 99% of the time...THROW THE BALL!!! Why can't he get that? I'll tell you why. He's always going for the BIG play instead of taking what they give you. After they start jumping the hitch.....Hitch & Go...result.....drumroll please...TD... But no, we got to dance around in the pocket for 5-6 sec. and take a 10 yd sack. Most of his sacks are his fault...
baseballking Wrote:The Rose boy may be their best athlete but not even close to the best quarterback. He may do the best at that position but strictly b/c of his athletic ability. He dont remember the plays good. He cant see over the line. Hes only completed 30 % of his passes. He is a runningback and also will be. #2 completed 70 % of his passes friday night. This was the first time this year that powell was over 50% passing. If the line cant hold then put jesse in and let him run it. When billy has time than he is way better. Not athletically tho, the stuff he has on jesse makes him a better qb like has a better arm, knows the whole playbook already, and makes better reads in coverage and he is 6'4 and can see. This is why jesse isnt the best QUARTERBACK but he is definitaly the better athlete. Everyone misconcepts this.

70?
not one pass was completed against jackson county.
there is not a misconception when you threaten to quit.
Pages: 1 2