Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 35 Christ County NC 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Long, LONG, game !!! Lots of penalties, especially unsportsmanlike flags. Not what you would expect with Christ in town.
^^^Same sick stuff, different day. Most hate filled, triggered person on God's green Earth.
For those who were on hand at Campbell Field for this one , how would you say Christ stacks up with some of the school's in 4A this season?

(08-21-2021, 01:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Same sick stuff, different day. Most hate filled, triggered person on God's green Earth.

I don't hate anything jet. Especially your imaginary sky friends. 

Now, let's talk about something that's real... FOOTBALL!
(08-21-2021, 01:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Same sick stuff, different day. Most hate filled, triggered person on God's green Earth.
 You beginning to sound like Trump. Lol!! Now go to bed!!
I’ll be honest, video didn’t do that team justice. I think this NC team was huge and would definitely be highly ranked if in 4a. I liked what I saw , the fight from our boys.
Big, strong line. Good size skill players. Very fast. Heck of a football team all the way around. But once we got our feet planted we drove them back to NC. Liked what I saw. Still a long way to go. But the talent is everywhere. Play calling seems to be better. Defense needs to get better at pass coverage, but overall, pleased.

Oh yea. Jacob baker= POY
Talking about getting punched in the mouth and then bringing back a haymaker and a couple of body blows. That is the game we need to see how we will stack up against a team like Franklin in a couple of weeks. This team reminded me of Franklin, loaded at every position. Cant wait.
Way to go Hounds!
(08-21-2021, 01:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]For those who were on hand at Campbell Field for this one , how would you say Christ stacks up with some of the school's in 4A this season?

Christ is real and made footballs. Your low IQ is also real.
Cam Combs was a workhorse and it worked out for this game but I'm not sure this team needs him to be that workhorse. There is definitely no concern with protecting the QB with those play calls, I hope his body holds up all season if thats the game plan.
I think the only thing that will change is if or when Huff returns. Huff didn't play last night. He is a game changer and will put defenses on there heels with our line being able to block the way they do. I am not a fan at all of running our QB into that kind of a defense. Those secondary players were huge last night. The way the teams have to key on our wideouts and running backs, Cam is going to get his number called I'm afraid too many times this year.
I’m still in shock over the 51 yard field goal, that was insane. I thought that the NC had a very very good team, talent was obvious. I’m just not sure they would be able to compete with the top teams in 4A, by the half they were gassed. Corbin, JC, Boyle, Franklin…just have to much depth for teams that are having to play a lot of minutes both ways. To much I could say about our QB, he’s very talented, way to talented to be leading the team in carries and risk him getting hurt.
(08-21-2021, 11:08 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’m still in shock over the 51 yard field goal, that was insane.  I thought that the NC had a very very good team, talent was obvious.  I’m just not sure they would be able to compete with the top teams in 4A, by the half they were gassed.  Corbin, JC, Boyle, Franklin…just have to much depth for teams that are having to play a lot of minutes both ways.  To much I could say about our QB, he’s very talented, way to talented to be leading the team in carries and risk him getting hurt.
Baker is going to be the MVP in a lot of our games this year in my opinion. He kept those big backs on the kickoff team off the field. I could only imagine the difference it might have made in this game. I agree, they didn't have depth at all.
I was really impressed by the Hounds last night. Christ School is a very talented team. In fact, in comparison to 4A schools here, they are probably just as talented if not more talented as anyone in the Top 5. That said, they just didn't have the numbers to sustain for 48 minutes. Corbin's line wore them down as the game went on.
Christ School had some really good players but Corbin’s depth wore them down as the game went on. Christ School only dressed around 30 kids from the looks of their sideline and they had a lot playing both ways and special teams. The best 4A teams in Ky. will provide more challenges in that regard.
(08-21-2021, 12:43 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]I was really impressed by the Hounds last night. Christ School is a very talented team. In fact, in comparison to 4A schools here, they are probably just as talented if not more talented as anyone in the Top 5. That said, they just didn't have the numbers to sustain for 48 minutes. Corbin's line wore them down as the game went on.

You know we wont get any respect till we beat a top 5 team either. Corbin's line on both sides of the ball wore down this team big time. I have to say, Greer has put together a defensive line that just wont go away. They just worked there tails off and beat a much bigger offensive line. When you compare the line of Christ school lineman to lineman on size only, They were bigger than Johnson Central player for player. Now, I'm not saying they are better than the golden eagles, because Johnson Central has KY boys that will just smash you around. They didn't win the state wrestling competition for being weak.  But just the size alone, this team dwarfed Corbin. They were huge. My boy looked awful small for comparisons sake and he aint little lol.
Boyle, Franklin County, and Johnson Central are better than Corbin. I could see Letcher Central competing with the Hounds.
(08-21-2021, 01:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle, Franklin County, and Johnson Central are better than Corbin.  I could see Letcher Central competing with the Hounds.

So you dont like Corbin. Thats your opinion. But I got enough respect for Letcher to not talk about them or any team just because I may not be a fan of them. I would love to play Letcher Central this year. Matter of fact, I would love to play Johnson Central, Boyle, Central and Lexington Catholic this year to see how we would matchup. We get Franklin at home in 2 weeks. Come over and you can sit with me.

Sad part is, you come on this thread and make a comment but you cant brag about Letcher on there thread. Please come sit with me.
(08-21-2021, 01:01 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle, Franklin County, and Johnson Central are better than Corbin.  I could see Letcher Central competing with the Hounds.

Your blind then

(08-21-2021, 01:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

So you dont like Corbin. Thats your opinion. But I got enough respect for Letcher to not talk about them or any team just because I may not be a fan of them. I would love to play Letcher Central this year. Matter of fact, I would love to play Johnson Central, Boyle, Central and Lexington Catholic this year to see how we would matchup. We get Franklin at home in 2 weeks. Come over and you can sit with me.

Sad part is, you come on this thread and make a comment but you cant brag about Letcher on there thread. Please come sit with me.

He’s trying to pull a Dougie but there’s only one PJ Doug who could make a nun cuss if they didn’t know his game.  If we beat Franklin you’ll never see a comment out of him period, or it’ll be followed by excuses, gotta love the hate.
the players who stood out to me from corbin were of course the kicker, 18, 41, 75, 13, and 23. #18 is tough, he took a beating and bounced right back every play. #41 looked as if he played multiple position and blew up several plays at linebacker, from the running back or fullback position just leveled kids on defense, at one point he picked 18 up like a ball and carried him to a first down. #13 is probably the most athletic player I have had the pleasure to watch, in air adjustments to the ball looked great. #75 made several big blocks and kept his composure with a good defensive linemen across from him all night. #23 played a great game on defense broke up pass plays, and would hit you. Corbin was a lot smaller, they were more physical and stronger. The kicker for corbin, he may be the best I have ever seen, a 51 yarder in game situation. You can not make that up, he alone kept Christ special teams to 0 net yards. He booted every kickoff for a touchback and kept his defense with what seemed to be miles behind them. Overall Corbin looked the part, after the fumble and going down 14-0 at home it takes a team to recover against that type of talent.
(08-21-2021, 10:24 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only thing that will change is if or when Huff returns. Huff didn't play last night. He is a game changer and will put defenses on there heels with our line being able to block the way they do. I am not a fan at all of running our QB into that kind of a defense. Those secondary players were huge last night. The way the teams have to key on our wideouts and running backs, Cam is going to get his number called I'm afraid too many times this year.

Why is Huff out?
Hearing his eligibility. A school is fighting it. He moved to another high school in Louisville before coming to Corbin. I dont see any issues but until cleared, then he is ineligible.

(08-21-2021, 01:36 PM)New2Town Wrote: [ -> ]the players who stood out to me from corbin were of course the kicker, 18, 41, 75, 13, and 23.  #18 is tough, he took a beating and bounced right back every play.  #41 looked as if he played multiple position and blew up several plays at linebacker, from the running back or fullback position just leveled kids on defense, at one point he picked 18 up like a ball and carried him to a first down.  #13 is probably the most athletic player I have had the pleasure to watch, in air adjustments to the ball looked great.  #75 made several big blocks and kept his composure with a good defensive linemen across from him all night.  #23 played a great game on defense broke up pass plays, and would hit you.  Corbin was a lot smaller, they were more physical and stronger.  The kicker for corbin, he may be the best I have ever seen, a 51 yarder in game situation.  You can not make that up, he alone kept Christ special teams to 0 net yards.  He booted every kickoff for a touchback and kept his defense with what seemed to be miles behind them.  Overall Corbin looked the part, after the fumble and going down 14-0 at home it takes a team to recover against that type of talent.

I appreciate your point of view. Spot on in my book.
(08-21-2021, 07:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 01:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]For those who were on hand at Campbell Field for this one , how would you say Christ stacks up with some of the school's in 4A this season?

LOL Neil DeGrasse Tyson would have a field day with you.
Prove it!!!  Take it to the religious forum and let me school you on indoctrination like the Hounds will school Whitley next week.

I'm half- blind, and I can see better than you can. Corbin will be a tough out for anybody.
(08-21-2021, 01:31 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Your blind then

He’s trying to pull a Dougie but there’s only one PJ Doug who could make a nun cuss if they didn’t know his game.  If we beat Franklin you’ll never see a comment out of him period, or it’ll be followed by excuses, gotta love the hate.
I talk trash, but I'm not delusional Smile . I underestimated Franklin County a little in their last game, but I'm still gonna pick Corbin to win over them Smile
(08-21-2021, 01:36 PM)New2Town Wrote: [ -> ]the players who stood out to me from corbin were of course the kicker, 18, 41, 75, 13, and 23.  #18 is tough, he took a beating and bounced right back every play.  #41 looked as if he played multiple position and blew up several plays at linebacker, from the running back or fullback position just leveled kids on defense, at one point he picked 18 up like a ball and carried him to a first down.  #13 is probably the most athletic player I have had the pleasure to watch, in air adjustments to the ball looked great.  #75 made several big blocks and kept his composure with a good defensive linemen across from him all night.  #23 played a great game on defense broke up pass plays, and would hit you.  Corbin was a lot smaller, they were more physical and stronger.  The kicker for corbin, he may be the best I have ever seen, a 51 yarder in game situation.  You can not make that up, he alone kept Christ special teams to 0 net yards.  He booted every kickoff for a touchback and kept his defense with what seemed to be miles behind them.  Overall Corbin looked the part, after the fumble and going down 14-0 at home it takes a team to recover against that type of talent.
With a tough Corbin defense I can see them winning a big time game with a field goal.
(08-21-2021, 04:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 07:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL Neil DeGrasse Tyson would have a field day with you.
Prove it!!!  Take it to the religious forum and let me school you on indoctrination like the Hounds will school Whitley next week.

Your intelligence level is too low to school anything. There will be no atheists in the lake of fire. You'll believe when you get there to meet your :underground friend" .
(08-21-2021, 06:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Your blind then

I talk trash, but I'm not delusional Smile . I underestimated Franklin County a little in their last game, but I'm still gonna pick Corbin to win over them Smile
Big Grin Are you trying to set me up for later in the week?
(08-21-2021, 08:27 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Your blind then

Big Grin Are you trying to set me up for later in the week?
No. I'm really going with the Hounds. lol
Pages: 1 2