Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pittsburgh Vs Arizona
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts? I think Pittsburgh handles Arizona fairly easily.

28-10 Pittsburgh
well BCFan, I like the way you think, lol...I think Pittsburgh wins in convincing fashion too. I think the offense breaks out in a big way and hangs a 35-14 whoopin on the Cards..Go Steelers!!!!
Pittsburgh- 34
Arizona- 17
I think on paper the Steelers are the superior team. But I think Arizona poses some match up problems. Especially with the Cards wideouts and Warner coming into the game in no huddle situations. They gave Baltimore a scare last week in B'more. Combine that with the fact that Hines Ward is out with a sprained knee and I can see Arizona hanging tough in this one. Possibly even scratching out a win late with a Neil Rackers field goal.......24-23 Cards.
Do you ever go for the obvious pick Bengal Cat? Not hating..you always seem to be looking for an upset though.
BCFan Wrote:Do you ever go for the obvious pick Bengal Cat? Not hating..you always seem to be looking for an upset though.

Theres no such thing as an "obvious pick." I try to look at match ups and the mental aspect. I think the Cards have a chance to win today. Pitt has a good defense, but not as good as Baltimore and the Cardinals moved the ball up and down the field against them in Baltimore. I think they will move the ball on Pitt, but the big question is......can they finish drives? On the other side of the ball....I really like how Big Ben has been playing, but it will definitely hurt him not having Hines Ward.
The Browns are tearing up the Ravens defense as of now. So really that tells me their defense is not up to par IMO. The Steelers destroyed the Browns in every aspect of the game.
Crossbones Wrote:The Steelers destroyed the Browns in every aspect of the game.

With Charlie Frye as QB. I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers win in Cleveland, but they are obviously a much better team with Anderson.
What time is this game?
cards_athlete Wrote:What time is this game?

4:15
Nice throw, Big Ben
BFritz Wrote:Nice throw, Big Ben

LOL
nice punt coverage
Bengal Cat Wrote:nice punt coverage

They looked HORRIBLE, the D was pathetic.......... you could say that it was cause Troy was hurt, but the rest of the defense got dominated, he couldn't fix that.
BFritz Wrote:They looked HORRIBLE, the D was pathetic.......... you could say that it was cause Troy was hurt, but the rest of the defense got dominated, he couldn't fix that.

Pittsburghs defense is vulnerable to the pass. Up to this point they had only played teams that featured the run. Polamalu being hurt was one factor, but as we know all too well BFritz, it's a part of the game. Thats one reason you don't claim division titles in September.
Props to ya, man...as much as I hated this day (well, this entire weekend. Bama lost 21-14 to FSU Saturday), I have to give it to you..you called it, and the beer's on me, lol..now we need to get refocused and go hang a big fat W on Seattle next week!
Bengal Cat Wrote:I think on paper the Steelers are the superior team. But I think Arizona poses some match up problems. Especially with the Cards wideouts and Warner coming into the game in no huddle situations. They gave Baltimore a scare last week in B'more. Combine that with the fact that Hines Ward is out with a sprained knee and I can see Arizona hanging tough in this one. Possibly even scratching out a win late with a Neil Rackers field goal.......24-23 Cards.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Props to ya, man...as much as I hated this day (well, this entire weekend. Bama lost 21-14 to FSU Saturday), I have to give it to you..you called it, and the beer's on me, lol..now we need to get refocused and go hang a big fat W on Seattle next week!

Hoss......I'm sure you will agree, you never know from one week to the next in the NfFL. Meanwhile, what do I have to look forward to? Tom Brady, Randy Moss & Co.......lol.
well, I'm not making excuses. And Im glad that Tomlin pointed that out. But us losing one of the best DL's in the game (Casey Hampton) and Troy did make it easier on them to move the ball. But my goodness, it was just plain and simple stupid mistakes (throwing the ball on the 2??? and a PICK TO BOOT!), poor special teams play, and 11 penalties, will cost you no matter who your playing...yeah I feel for ya man. New England is something else..Im sorry, but I have to pull for them tomorrow, and its only for the sole purpose of us keeping some distance from Cinci. I like Cinci better than New England, and I'd pull for the Bengals if we already had the division won, but I have to pull for the Patriots tomorrow just because of that, lol...but nonetheless, a bad weekend for my teams. None of them won. Hell even the Pirates couldnt muster a last game win for crying out loud ,lol...
Bengal Cat Wrote:Hoss......I'm sure you will agree, you never know from one week to the next in the NfFL. Meanwhile, what do I have to look forward to? Tom Brady, Randy Moss & Co.......lol.
Bad play calls by Tomlin and injuries I feel hurt us. No excuses, they won. But having Polomalu, Hampton and Ward, Three Multiple time pro bowlers..will hurt your team. As well as a bad game by Roethlisberger..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, I'm not making excuses. And Im glad that Tomlin pointed that out. But us losing one of the best DL's in the game (Casey Hampton) and Troy did make it easier on them to move the ball. But my goodness, it was just plain and simple stupid mistakes (throwing the ball on the 2??? and a PICK TO BOOT!), poor special teams play, and 11 penalties, will cost you no matter who your playing...yeah I feel for ya man. New England is something else..Im sorry, but I have to pull for them tomorrow, and its only for the sole purpose of us keeping some distance from Cinci. I like Cinci better than New England, and I'd pull for the Bengals if we already had the division won, but I have to pull for the Patriots tomorrow just because of that, lol...but nonetheless, a bad weekend for my teams. None of them won. Hell even the Pirates couldnt muster a last game win for crying out loud ,lol...

I wouldn't expect you to pull for the Bengals.....you being a Steelers fan and all. Our 2 teams have developed quite a rivalry over the past few years. You are right....injuries play a big part in a teams success. As a Bengals fan I know first hand how injuries can affect a team. Our training camp looked like a MASH unit and we have had to shuffle our offensive line like a deck of cards the last 2 years. It's a wonder Carson is even walking let alone putting up the numbers he is considering all the changes on the line. We have also been hit hard at the linebacker position as well as the secondary. The injury bug has also hit us at running back, wide receiver and place kicker. You want to know how beat up we are? Even our coach is on crutches......lol. We have a bye next week, so maybe we can get some guys healthy.
yeah..I know exactly how you feel..hopefully we'll have Polamolu, Hampton and Hines back for our next game, and get back to playing Steeler football. And Im not pulling against the Bengals out of dislike (although I do dislike them, lol), Im pulling against them so we can keep a little distance from you all in the division..I hate New England. To me, they are the Yankees of pro football..and I'd root for Cinci over them any day of the week if it didnt involve playoff implications, lol..
Bengal Cat Wrote:I wouldn't expect you to pull for the Bengals.....you being a Steelers fan and all. Our 2 teams have developed quite a rivalry over the past few years. You are right....injuries play a big part in a teams success. As a Bengals fan I know first hand how injuries can affect a team. Our training camp looked like a MASH unit and we have had to shuffle our offensive line like a deck of cards the last 2 years. It's a wonder Carson is even walking let alone putting up the numbers he is considering all the changes on the line. We have also been hit hard at the linebacker position as well as the secondary. The injury bug has also hit us at running back, wide receiver and place kicker. You want to know how beat up we are? Even our coach is on crutches......lol. We have a bye next week, so maybe we can get some guys healthy.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah..I know exactly how you feel..hopefully we'll have Polamolu, Hampton and Hines back for our next game, and get back to playing Steeler football. And Im not pulling against the Bengals out of dislike (although I do dislike them, lol), Im pulling against them so we can keep a little distance from you all in the division..I hate New England. To me, they are the Yankees of pro football..and I'd root for Cinci over them any day of the week if it didnt involve playoff implications, lol..

Fair enough, no bridges burnedSmile
Problem with was not only losing in my opinion the best nose tackle in the game and safety..when you take away the run game from Pittsburgh, Big Ben is hopeless.
I think another thing the Steelers are missing is that big bruising back like Jerome Bettis. As fast as Parker is, hes always one missed tackle from going 80 yards. But with Bettis.....he wore teams down and once the Steelers got a lead, the opposing team got a steady dose of Bettis. Parker isn't that kind of back.
Can we get off this subject please!!Big Grin Sad Smile
Bengal Cat Wrote:I think another thing the Steelers are missing is that big bruising back like Jerome Bettis. As fast as Parker is, hes always one missed tackle from going 80 yards. But with Bettis.....he wore teams down and once the Steelers got a lead, the opposing team got a steady dose of Bettis. Parker isn't that kind of back.

No, he isn't that type of back. But he still is one of the best RB's in the league and the RB position is one of the few positions i'm not worried about. And as for his yardage..he's 4th in the league. I think he has been a consistently good RB so far this year, he had a bad game against AZ, but if anyone in the league knows us well, it's them.
yeah..and I like Davenport, but I was hoping they'd sign TJ Duckett last year..Duckett is a bruising back that would wear teams down. Not as effective as Jerome, but would have gotten 15 to 18 carries every game, with the sole job of wearing teams down after we get in front..but I still think this team will be special. That was just a bad (actually, one of the worst games Ive seen the Steelers play in quite some time, 10 or 15 years) game that I feel was a fluke..
Bengal Cat Wrote:I think another thing the Steelers are missing is that big bruising back like Jerome Bettis. As fast as Parker is, hes always one missed tackle from going 80 yards. But with Bettis.....he wore teams down and once the Steelers got a lead, the opposing team got a steady dose of Bettis. Parker isn't that kind of back.
I'm not saying Pittsburgh can't be a good team or have a good season with the backs they have. But when you think of Steeler football, you think of big bruisers like Bettis and Foster.
I like Davenport and I would have liked to have signed TJ Duckett as well..I was kind of hoping we would pick Michael Bush up in last years draft.
yeah that would have been super with me too, lol..
BCFan Wrote:I like Davenport and I would have liked to have signed TJ Duckett as well..I was kind of hoping we would pick Michael Bush up in last years draft.