Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why no Mayfield Cardinal info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Havent seen much info on how goodMayfield is going to be this year anyone have any inside scoop for a mayfield fan or others???
^^ Who

Mysonis55 give us some news on mayfield
I see Mayfield, at worst finishing 8-2 with possible loss versus Hopkinsville and McCracken. I do not see Graves, Calloway, Ballard, Fort Campbell, Madisonville NH, Paducah Tilghman, Murray or Caldwell beating them this year.

If I was ranking the Purchase Area of West Kentucky:
1. Mayfield (Year of Seasoning, top tradition and coaching, still at the top)
2. McCracken (Key returners from SB 2, beat Mayfield last year, but will not be as easy this year)
3. Paducah Tilghman (New Coach and System and a huge roster, could be interesting).
4. Murray (New coach bringing the Veer to West Ky, a veer that Mayfield has stopped before)
5. Calloway (Great building year and could be underranked)
6. Marshall (Building but for a 6A school, playing Ballard and Fulton County tells the story)
7. Fulton County (Playing a tough schedule with limited but talented roster, 4th quarter tanks will be empty and the difference. )
8. Ballard Memorial (New Coach was numbers up and trying to build)
178 views and just 2 or 3 replies are you people not interested in taslking football???
(08-12-2021, 04:59 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]178 views and just 2 or 3 replies are you people not interested in taslking football???

The Mayfield faithful are usually not afraid to beat their chests when they are on top. Maybe the fact that LCA & Beechwood seem to be a head above everyone else in 2A right now is keeping them quiet. Really, all 2A discussion is pretty dead on this site right now.
It’s got so bad in Mayfield Mysonis55 want except my friend requests on Facebook, Lol
From what I saw on tape last year in two game vs Murray, Mayfield would need to get a lot better to contend for a title this year. I believe they split with Murray but LCA beat Murray so bad in the state semi's charges could have been filed lol. They do get their stud LB back but I don't think that will be enough based on what I saw. HOWEVER, I wish more western KY people would chime in...it always seems to be a mystery as to what is going on in that part of the state outside of BG.
Mayfield may not be the most talented but they will still be well coached and disciplined. They will play hard and very seldom beat themselves. Don’t know anything about their talent level but as always they will be a tough out. Tough schedule has them ready to play come November. They are always in the conversation.
Kylan Galbreath their best back from last year is taking the extra year so he will be back and hes a good one when well which he wasnt last year plus Jax Rodgers will be back at linebacker plus a host of other defensive and offensive players return.If out junior qb plays well i wouldnt give LCA or Beechwood the trophy just yet.Most thought LCA would walk away with it last year easy.
If they Mayfield fans aren't flexing, they must be in store for a down season.
I wasn't at last weeks scrimmage with Christian Co, but, heard they looked good on both sides of the ball. Both lines dominated and they have some good depth at the skill positions. Should be much improved from last year. Helps getting Jax Rogers back and Galbreath returning for a 5th year. Plus, they've added a couple of transfers that will contribute. Hearing Cartwright is being seriously challenged for the QB spot as well.
Since Mayfield owns Beechwood, I doubt the Cardinals worry about any potential matchup against the Tigers. Right it down now, the Cardinals will be playing at Kroger field the last week of the season.
Mayfield is irrelevant this season.
Mayfield is never irrevalent my friend mark it down!!!!
This Mayfield team should be solid on the defensive side of the ball. They should have a solid running game and some good skill players at the WR position. The question is whether or not they have a QB that can get the ball to those guys. Last year they didn't. Hopefully, Cartwright has improved or someone else can get the job done in the passing game. They also need to improve in the kicking game. Extra points and punts were an adventure last year, to say the least.
This Mayfield team is Kroger bound. They will have to get solid play from whichever qb they choose. The offensive line is big and athletic. They have more skill players than most big schools. The defense is the first true Mayfield defense we have seen since 2016. We have found linebackers again. 2a is in for a shocker.
Welcome back mysonis55!!!Who is the qb giving cartwright the competition at quarterback competition makes u better?
I can’t think of his name. He was the really fast freshman qb last year. Kind of reminds you of Guthrie.
Cartwright is going to be the starter I was told. He was throwing a much deeper and more accurate ball in the scrimmage which gives me hope. The defense should be pretty good but the question mark will be what we can bring to the offensive side and I think only time will tell. Mayfield mauled Christian Co with the first team offense scoring on every single possession they had. That sounds really good but I dont know if Christian Co will win a game. They are clearly way down so it was hard to get a read on where the Cards are at. I was happy to see a much improved kicking game. Last year we lost all state LB Rodgers in the first game of the season on the first series so having him back is huge and Galbreath is going to take the extra SR year and he is a excellent RB. We return 3 of 5 linemen on the offense and the receivers are all solid. If, as already said by many, we can get good QB play this will be a much improved team. 9 starters back on both offense and defense
Playing Graves County in the first game of the season is not what either team needs, its the same as McCracken County Playing Paducah Tilghman in their first game. The loser tends to take time to get back in a grove.
(08-13-2021, 08:46 PM)WHO'S NEXT? Wrote: [ -> ]Since Mayfield owns Beechwood, I doubt the Cardinals worry about any potential matchup against the Tigers. Right it down now, the Cardinals will be playing at Kroger field the last week of the season.
write  it down that LCA will smoke some cardinal hind end.
Games played on the field PJ so we will have to wait and see but let them come to war memorial and we will see whos hind end gets kicked.
You know, it’s probably true at EVERY school, it’s easy to get on these sites and ( pound your chest) when you know you have a championship caliber team returning. It’s also easy for some ( keyboard cowboys) to jump in here and run their mouth about the Cardinals when Mayfield is not a contender. Mayfield will always be in the mix. I think the Cardinals and Beechwood’s history speaks for themselves. Throw in a somerset and a LCA here and there but come playoff time, the Cardinals won’t be an easy out. Now does that mean we can beat Beechwood or LCA THIS YEAR, I’d say LCA maybe not, anybody else will have a fight, especially if they come to war memorial. But hey, on any given night,,,,. I think the Cardinals will be good. Championship caliber, well we will have to wait and see.

(08-12-2021, 05:06 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2021, 04:59 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]178 views and just 2 or 3 replies are you people not interested in taslking football???

The Mayfield faithful are usually not afraid to beat their chests when they are on top. Maybe the fact that LCA & Beechwood seem to be a head above everyone else in 2A right now is keeping them quiet. Really, all 2A discussion is pretty dead on this site right now.
(Seam to be) is the best part of your post. Games still have to be played.
(08-25-2021, 04:49 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Games played on the field PJ so we will have to wait and see but let them come to war memorial and we will see whos hind end gets kicked.

With the current system Mayfield would have to be seeded 1 or 2 and LCA seeded 3 or 4 for that to happen.  I don't see that happening.  I don't think LCA falls below a #2 seed so any matchup before the finals will probably be in Lexington.
(08-25-2021, 04:49 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Games played on the field PJ so we will have to wait and see but let them come to war memorial and we will see whos hind end gets kicked.
I like when Mayfield fans have to travel to Lexington to watch the birds get their hind end smoked.
(08-25-2021, 07:45 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

With the current system Mayfield would have to be seeded 1 or 2 and LCA seeded 3 or 4 for that to happen.  I don't see that happening.  I don't think LCA falls below a #2 seed so any matchup before the finals will probably be in Lexington.
I agree, only way mayfield meets LCA is if both make it to Lexington
(08-25-2021, 07:45 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree, only way mayfield meets LCA is if both make it to Lexington
Got me thinking now, if LCA were to lose to Boyle County tomorrow night and then run the table the rest of the way, which is likely, would Beechwood and Mayfield winning out be enough to bump LCA down to the 3 seed? I think it would, because if LCA were to lose Boyle County, then the rest of LCA and Mayfield's schedules are fairly similar. Winning out for Beechwood or Mayfield is by no means a guarantee either, but I wouldn't say it's impossible for Mayfield to have a semifinal home game.
I think LCA is going to get a lot more RPI points from the Mad Central win than first anticipated. Mad Central is going to go 7-3 possibly 8-2 in regular season based on what I saw last Friday night (granted LCA O was not firing). With that being said, a win at Boyle really puts LCA in a favorable spot in regards to RPI and home field advantage. I love that non conference games this early in the season have such an impact for post season.
(08-26-2021, 11:55 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: [ -> ]I think LCA is going to get a lot more RPI points from the Mad Central win than first anticipated. Mad Central is going to go 7-3 possibly 8-2 in regular season based on what I saw last Friday night (granted LCA O was not firing). With that being said, a win at Boyle really puts LCA in a favorable spot in regards to RPI and home field advantage. I love that non conference games this early in the season have such an impact for post season.

No doubt a win tomorrow puts them in the driver's seat. Other than Lexington Catholic and maybe Pikeville and CAL, I don't think they get tested again in the regular season. That said, a Beechwood win over CovCath could set them up pretty well also. With the RPI, no one really knows anything until we get about 5 or 6 weeks in and we get a feel for where the points will come.
Pages: 1 2