Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Pulaski Co. 8/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry won this game last year at home by 20.

Pulaski likes to throw the ball around and keep the field spread. From what I've read, Belfry struggled with Raceland's offense in their scrimmage, so I'd expect this one to be closer than last season.

Calpreps.com projection: Belfry 26, Pulaski Co 21
I think Dixon steals the show.

Belfry 35
Pulaski 14
Pulaski has all the talent to win this one but like Bull said Dixon will have big numbers, and Pulaski seems to struggle at times starting out the season.
How good is Pulaski this year? I don't know a lot about them , but do know Dixon is a man amongst boys.
one of the better games of the week should be a dandy! Belfry 27 Pulaski 14
I heard Dixon is playing QB this year. Is this true?
Long drive for a win!!

Belfry 42
Pulaski County 14
Spud6 Wrote:I heard Dixon is playing QB this year. Is this true?

That is correct.  Lynn Bowden 2.0   not really sure what that says about the Pirates this year.   I don't think fans will get a true read on this team until week 8 or 9.   could be a lot of bumps along the way
There best lineman is out for a few more weeks as well. Coming off ACL repair
(08-09-2021, 04:53 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]

That is correct.  Lynn Bowden 2.0   not really sure what that says about the Pirates this year.   I don't think fans will get a true read on this team until week 8 or 9.   could be a lot of bumps along the way

Going to be interesting taking your best player and putting him at QB where you’d think he’d have less opportunity to run out of their offense. It’s not like you’re giving him the ball at shotgun and saying go make a play like UK did. He’s going to have to give two fakes and then decide to run. Going to be very interesting to see
Spud6 Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Going to be interesting taking your best player and putting him at QB where you’d think he’d have less opportunity to run out of their offense. It’s not like you’re giving him the ball at shotgun and saying go make a play like UK did. He’s going to have to give two fakes and then decide to run. Going to be very interesting to see
I think you will see some shotgun from Belfry this season.   By mid season, they will look a little different I believe.....FB will be more comfortable, their best O-lineman will be back.....and Dixon will have settled into his evolved role.   Will they continue to see 9-10 in the box?   yep.   Will they continue to figure out how to score?  yep.   Will they be able to score enough to support a defense that is undergoing upheaval due to graduation losses?   _____________________________________________________________   (fill in the blank)
(08-10-2021, 12:30 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

He will be out of shotgun more than you think. Kind of like wildcat but a lot of the triple option just from the gun. Unlike last year Belfry does have a true fullback option this year it appears. He will be under center some but don't be surprised when you see Dixon lined up in the gun. Go watch his Hudl tape from this past week's scrimmage vs Raceland and you will see what I'm talking about.

If you are familiar with Belfry the past 15 years this move of Dixon to QB is similar to some of what Belfry done in 09 when they moved Thomas Varney from RB to QB for his senior season. Dixon isn't at qb to hand the ball off every play but people may be surprised by the other backs Belfry has this year. Won't be able to just key on Dixon every snap.
Very interesting. It’s the exact same offense but out of shotgun. That’s awesome

quarterback  keeper most plays .
(08-09-2021, 08:29 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard Dixon is playing QB this year. Is this true?
yes
after watching from last week he will be wore down by the end of the year,all those long runs
Should be an interesting game. Hard to say where Belfry is at this juncture. Don’t know enough about Pulaski to speculate on their strengths or weaknesses. Dixon will be the best player on the field....so in the end, i believe the Pirates take this one.
With Dixon coming back, this Belfry team is going to be tough to beat! Hope I can get up to Pond Creek this season and watch a few games! Love the atmosphere! 
Belfry - 43
Pulaski - 21
Does anyone know if this game will be played live online?
please let us know if and where the link will be.
Radio station in the somerset area that will cover this game?
GO PIRATES!
Pulaski putting it on Belfry so far. 35-13 PC at halftime.
Pulaski 42-13 lead on Belfry. Belfry is really struggling right now Pulaski all over them

55-13 Pulaski 4th quarter