Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2021 COVID-19 Cancellations/Reschedules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm afraid this is going to be an issue again this fall as well. The announcement below was put out by the Carter County Superintendent Ronnie Dotson this afternoon:

Upon the recommendation of the Carter County Health Department, due to the high number of students that have tested positive for COVID 19, the first day for students has been delayed until August 16.  Employees will report to school for opening day and planning/professional development on Tuesday and Wednesday.  All school activities including meetings and practices are to be cancelled until such time as we can return to school.

Both East and West Carter football teams will have top postpone their two scrimmages for Aug. 6 and 13.

Here is counties with about the same or worse incidence rate as Carter County's 55.4 rate.

Aug 2nd Average Daily Cases per 100K Population:

50.0 Ohio County
53.7 Hopkins County
55.0 Knott County
55.2 Whitley County
55.4 Carter County
55.5 Knox County
57.4 Webster County
58.2 Metcalfe County
59.7 Muhlenberg County
61.6 Letcher County
68.3 Hart County
69.4 Floyd County
70.5 Laurel County
89.0 Jackson County
104.8 Clay County
It’s not going away any time soon
The coronabros at the Carter County Health Department strike again. They were a bunch of clowns last year and they’re starting again. Someone in the Carter County School System needs to grow a set and put them in their place.
Schools should simply cancel all science classes and open as scheduled. Problem solved.
Seen this movie before - sequels always suck (unless it's Rambo)
I love how the health department is called "corona bros" when a third of one of the high school football teams in that county actually has COVID.
(08-03-2021, 05:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]I love how the health department is called "corona bros" when a third of one of the high school football teams in that county actually has COVID.
You should know a coronabro when you see it. You’re one yourself. I’m shocked you have enough courage to log on to this site to give your opinion since you’ve been in your basement the past 17 months.
(08-03-2021, 05:26 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2021, 05:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]I love how the health department is called "corona bros" when a third of one of the high school football teams in that county actually has COVID.
You should know a coronabro when you see it. You’re one yourself. I’m shocked you have enough courage to log on to this site to give your opinion since you’ve been in your basement the past 17 months.

A third of the team. Unlike you, most parents and school administrators actually care about their kids and not the tough guys on the internet who just need some football.
(08-03-2021, 05:31 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

A third of the team. Unlike you, most parents and school administrators actually care about their kids and not the tough guys on the internet who just need some football.
But yet you’re posting on a football site. Maybe you and the rest of the ignorant liberals should start your own message board and call it coronabro rivals. You started this same crap last year.
Please keep the posts on the topic and don't personalize the insults. :)

I'm surprised Harlan Co wasn't on that list. We have had a terrible surge in cases recently; over 50 in the past three days.
It was in the red but only 29.1 on Monday it sounds like it could be a lot higher now.

Good post. I love Friday night lights as much as anyone but kids' health is much more important than a game of football. If the Trumpers wanted this thing to go away they should have worn their damned masks.  Mask up and get your shots, Trumpers, if you want to see an end to the Orange Man Virus.
I supported Trump, mask up when/where supposed to, and got my shot. So buzz off with the political BS please. I agree with Mama Bear, let’s not personalize insults. There’s always direct messaging for that. I don’t get on here to read corona bro insults and so forth and so on.
(08-04-2021, 01:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

A third of the team. Unlike you, most parents and school administrators actually care about their kids and not the tough guys on the internet who just need some football.How is 
Good post. I love Friday night lights as much as anyone but kids' health is much more important than a game of football. If the Trumpers wanted this thing to go away they should have worn their damned masks.  Mask up and get your shots, Trumpers, if you want to see an end to the Orange Man Virus.
The virus will eventually go away but derangement and stupidity are forever.
^^^
Mr. Fox’s News
^^^Maddow dude and Cuomos
I will get off this idiot thread, but anyone who thinks Trump or conservatives have anything to do with if we will have football this year is so far off their rocker they need to stay off the streets. I'm done, have to go work a crossword puzzle to get back the IQ points I lost looking at this thread.
Guys, if you want to talk politics, take it to the political forum on this site. This isn't the place for that.
Wanna hear something really stupid. If people want covid to go away they need to stop getting tested for it. Yeah that sounds dumb but is it?? ?
^^^ Yeah that’s pretty dumb.
(08-04-2021, 06:51 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Wanna hear something really stupid. If people want covid to go away they need to stop getting tested for it. Yeah that sounds dumb but is it?? ?

As some point we have to treat Covid like any other illness.....example the flu.  We can't keep hiding or shutting down over an illness. If you are sick stay at home, no need to statistically analyze it.  25 out of 100k cars broke traffic violations this morning, shut down the roads boys! Quarantine the cars.
First I’m no infectious disease expert but people need to wake up, I have had 2 daughters one age 22 last July who had Covid and was deathly ill, thought she was dying and says Covid is much worse then having the Flu. She had to quit playing college soccer due to an enlarged heart otherwise is doing good. My other daughter 20 has been in quarantine with Covid and just got out yesterday. She was a counselor at a summer camp and it spread through entire camp the last week they were there. She was also very sick. Now we worry her college soccer career might be over because of it also. She is suppose to start practice in 2 weeks but may have to sit out and or quit depending on tests next week. Covid is here to stay and the CDC’s predicting we are a couple of mutations away from Covid being able to kill 1 in 5 across the planet no matter your age and vaccinated or not. Pray they are WRONG because if they are right life as we know it will be drastically changed forever in the not to distant future.
were your daughters vaccinated?
(08-05-2021, 05:53 AM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]First I’m no infectious disease expert but people need to wake up, I have had 2 daughters one age 22 last July who had Covid and was deathly ill, thought she was dying and says Covid is much worse then having the Flu. She had to quit playing college soccer due to an enlarged heart otherwise is doing good. My other daughter 20 has been in quarantine with Covid and just got out yesterday. She was a counselor at a summer camp and it spread through entire camp the last week they were there. She was also very sick. Now we worry her college soccer career might be over because of it also. She is suppose to start practice in 2 weeks but may have to sit out and or quit depending on tests next week. Covid  is here to stay and the CDC’s predicting we are a couple of mutations away from Covid being able to kill 1 in 5 across the planet no matter your age and vaccinated or not. Pray they are WRONG because if they are right life as we know it will  be drastically changed forever in the not to distant future.
So what is your point regarding high school athletics being shut down due to Covid-19?
One more political or personal insult and this thread is history.
(08-05-2021, 07:47 AM)olreb Wrote: [ -> ]were your daughters vaccinated?
Both were not. Wife and I are but they chose not to be. My point is the Delta variant is dangerous to anyone at any age and this is not just the flu bug.
I got covid and it felt like the flu for 2 days then I was perfectly fine. Covid is weird.
Please, please, please stop comparing COVID-19 to the flu. There is no comparison.
(08-04-2021, 09:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ Yeah that’s pretty dumb.
What is so dumb about, they (cdc) said they really don’t have a test for the Delta COVID but still using the old test for COVID. Does that test tell you the deference in the kinds of COVID? Tell me something 64 where did all the flu cases go did Covid kill all the flu virus? A lot of unanswered questions. What I have read the tests for Covid they have give a lot of false positives and negatives. Enough of that but I think there is going to be a lot more cancellations before this year is over so I guess we will just have to wait and see.
(08-05-2021, 09:30 AM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 07:47 AM)olreb Wrote: [ -> ]were your daughters vaccinated?
Both were not. Wife and I are but they chose not to be. My point is the Delta variant is dangerous to anyone at any age and this is not just the flu bug.
T-CATS I am very glad your daughters are OK. I apologize in advance if a am thinking of someone else, but didn't you say your daughter who got very sick didn't require hospitalization?
Pages: 1 2