Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell vs. Bath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
both teams are 2-3. they both have the potentail to be a good team. who will win this one???
Bath should take care of this one easily. Good Luck to both.

Bath County- 35
Powell County- 16
Bath County
Who has bath played that was so good? Bath has a easy schulde this yr.... ??
Powell is working hard but Bath is the better team. Metz, Boyd, and Clemons will be too much for Powell.
Bath County
it is anybody's game. may the best team win
I wouldn't count out Powell just yet, I predict a closer game than what what some people think.
i think it will be a close game. it will be down to the wire. i dont think powell can win this one. it will be a hard game, but i think bath will win this one. good luck bith teams.
I agree with most of you all powell is the under dog in this fight.... I think it will a close game both teams will have to work very hard.. both teams have alot of good players .... Powell has Jordan Wright and Jese Rose ... they can both run the ball and catch very well.. then for defense u got jesse rose agin and also scotty newsome,and a couple other people not many people know about like andrew leadford.... Bath has Metz, Boyd, and Clemons they are really good on both sides of the feild offense and deffense.... This will be a toss up of who wants it more!
ballgurl00 Wrote:I agree with most of you all powell is the under dog in this fight.... I think it will a close game both teams will have to work very hard.. both teams have alot of good players .... Powell has Jordan Wright and Jese Rose ... they can both run the ball and catch very well.. then for defense u got jesse rose agin and also scotty newsome,and a couple other people not many people know about like andrew leadford.... Bath has Metz, Boyd, and Clemons they are really good on both sides of the feild offense and deffense.... This will be a toss up of who wants it more!

i agree with u. jesse rose and jordan wright can cathc and run the ball well. they have a pretty good defensive line in newsome and elam.
ballgurl00 Wrote:Who has bath played that was so good? Bath has a easy schulde this yr.... ??
I don't think Bath has any easier schedule than Powell. They look pretty even to me. I will go with Bath Co. on this one.
bluegrassballa Wrote:i agree with u. jesse rose and jordan wright can cathc and run the ball well. they have a pretty good defensive line in newsome and elam.
I forgot about elam.... He has improved alot this year...everyone has.... powell can pull this off if they want this bad enought but its not how good u are and who u have its how bad the team wants it... powell has not won a game at home all year this will a good win for powell at home because it will prove to everyone they can be the team everyone thinks they are!

jace43

:rockon: Rock on Powell !!! You can do it !.....PC-33-----BC-18:eek:
After all the talk on here it seemed as if Powell would be pretty good this year, they haven't showed it yet. Until they do I'll take Bath in this one.

jace43

Powell just needs to get the "O" clicking on all cylinders. They are gonna have to run the ball and throw only to keep the "D" honest. Let's do it Pirates. Play like it's your last game.
Well, i would say that bath will win by 3 touchdowns or more. I know bath has just won 2 games, but they have played 3 good teams the past 3 weeks, and were beat and bruised up for the last two. They will have all their horses for this one, so i dont see how powell will be able to stop them. Nothing against powell, but bath's offense is just too much.
I think Powell has a chance. Maybe they are the underdogs BUT they are so much better than what some of you are putting them out to be.
vball35 Wrote:I think Powell has a chance. Maybe they are the underdogs BUT they are so much better than what some of you are putting them out to be.

Maybe they are better at talking themselves up, but I haven't seen it on the field. Their wins have been again weak teams.
Lucky13 Wrote:After all the talk on here it seemed as if Powell would be pretty good this year, they haven't showed it yet. Until they do I'll take Bath in this one.

Grid Iron fan Wrote:Maybe they are better at talking themselves up, but I haven't seen it on the field. Their wins have been again weak teams.

You have to remember that Powell does have a new coach and new system for doing things... they aren't going to go from a 1-9 season to a 9-1 season in one year... it'll take a few years but powell is improving from the past years and, like a lot of other teams, it is going to take time so stop critizing them and give them a chance... having support helps players improve more than what you would think and telling them they are bad makes it worse. i think it will be a good game... if the offense can click in this game, things will improve. we have the defense
PCHSPepBandHorn Wrote:You have to remember that Powell does have a new coach and new system for doing things... they aren't going to go from a 1-9 season to a 9-1 season in one year... it'll take a few years but powell is improving from the past years and, like a lot of other teams, it is going to take time so stop critizing them and give them a chance... having support helps players improve more than what you would think and telling them they are bad makes it worse. i think it will be a good game... if the offense can click in this game, things will improve. we have the defense

All I am saying is that before the season ever started, Powell was bragging about how good they were going to be this year because they have a new coach and I haven't seen anything yet. Just because you have a new coach doesn't make you a good team automaticly. I agree that in a few years things may be different. Time will tell.
Grid Iron fan Wrote:All I am saying is that before the season ever started, Powell was bragging about how good they were going to be this year because they have a new coach and I haven't seen anything yet. Just because you have a new coach doesn't make you a good team automaticly. I agree that in a few years things may be different. Time will tell.

Was it everyone in Powell Co. running their mouth or just a select few? With what I have seen from them they didn't seem to have a huge amount of confidence.
strings Wrote:Was it everyone in Powell Co. running their mouth or just a select few? With what I have seen from them they didn't seem to have a huge amount of confidence.

Several people. Everyone on here and also I heard it in the community.
powell county does have some confidence is that so bad. also there are some people on the o and d line that have been steady all year such as howell. it is taking teams to double and triple team him to keep him in check and htat doesn't always work. powell is playing as a team and deserve credit as a team so give them a break.
I'll say Powell in a close one!
Bath co. has a bad, bad taste in their mouth right now and they're going to get the red out this Friday at Powell co. These last two losses have brought them closer together as a team and have made them work harder in practice. I don't think Powell co. has faced the speed duo of Clemons and Boyd yet. Boyd has been quiet the last few games so I'm looking for him to wake back up against Powell.

Bath co. - 28
Powell co. - 12
I havent saw Bath County play for about 5 or 6 years now so I have no clue of what they can do as a football team. But, from the looks of Powell County's passing game I would guess they can get some points on the board. Just as long as they have the same team chemistry they had against Lewis and Morgan. It seems they play better on the road but I'm anxious to see what they can do against this Bath running attack. It should be a good one.
powell
TongueirateSho Good luck Pirates. Let's get a win tonight.
good luck pirates!! show 'em what you CAN do!
Pages: 1 2