Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: End of times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(06-28-2021, 08:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]^^Atheists do not believe in any God or gods, so your contention that all of us are atheists because all of us do not believe in most gods is wrong by definition.
Quooter back
(06-28-2021, 08:17 PM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2021, 08:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]^^Atheists do not believe in any God or gods, so your contention that all of us are atheists because all of us do not believe in most gods is wrong by definition.
Quooter back
I never said that I was leaving. I just got tired of shooting down Twin Ticks
/dumb's lies. If you two would stop lying, this would be a better place for all of us.
(06-28-2021, 08:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quooter back
/dumb's lies. If you two would stop lying, this would be a better place for all of us.
"Good night. You really are a waste of anybody's time who responds to your lies. I would be worried if you did like me. Liars generally don't like being called out in public as often as it happens to you every single day that you post here.

Used to express an acknowledgment of parting at night or of going to bed. ... Good night is defined as a pleasant expression said at the end of the day. An example of good night is when a wife says to her husband when she shuts out the light and they both go to sleep.
You believe in the Orange God, Donald J Trump. Disgusting.
(06-28-2021, 08:52 PM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quooter back
"Good night. You really are a waste of anybody's time who responds to your lies. I would be worried if you did like me. Liars generally don't like being called out in public as often as it happens to you every single day that you post here.

Used to express an acknowledgment of parting at night or of going to bed. ... Good night is defined as a pleasant expression said at the end of the day. An example of good night is when a wife says to her husband when she shuts out the light and they both go to sleep.
You are missing the context, Twin Ticks, although you will probably need to look up that word too. I said "goodnight" because I would not be conversing with your lying sidekick again. Good night, Twin Ticks/dumber. I will not be wasting any more time on you either. However, that does not mean that I am going anywhere.
(06-28-2021, 09:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quooter back

You are missing the context, Twin Ticks, although you will probably need to look up that word too. I said "goodnight" because I would not be conversing with your lying sidekick again. Good night, Twin Ticks/dumber. I will not be wasting any more time on you either. However, that does not mean that I am going anywhere.
Quooter Gone Again
(06-28-2021, 09:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
Quooter back

Say your Trump prayers.
(06-28-2021, 08:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]My contention is that we are all athiests.  TRT, Jet, Granny... ALL OF US.  I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you begin to understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I must dismiss yours. 

Well now that sort of lands your whole narrative on the head of a pin now doesn't it? The coming judgment is inconvenient for you, so you just dismiss God. I get it, sort of like just turning your head away and pretending not to look at the semi tractor trailer that's bearing down on you at about 70 mph. Makes perfect sense.
(06-28-2021, 09:35 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2021, 08:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]My contention is that we are all athiests.  TRT, Jet, Granny... ALL OF US.  I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you begin to understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I must dismiss yours. 

Well now that sort of lands your whole narrative on the head of a pin now doesn't it? The coming judgment is inconvenient for you, so you just dismiss God. I get it, sort of like just turning your head away and pretending not to look at the semi tractor trailer that's bearing down on you at about 70 mph. Makes perfect sense.
TRt, if the coming judgement is coming why aren’t you aren’t helping the poor,  the needy, and the tired.  
no one can stop it.  Why aren’t you doing all you can to help those who need help ?
This is a bit off topic but I think speaks a lot about a certain sector of our population. On Friday afternoon I was heading home going up 4th Street here in town.  In front of me was a black SUV type vehicle  that had some detailing work on its back window. The signage said the following in  big, bold letters(I can't include every letter for obvious reasons) :

F # %  K     J O E    B I D E N              

AND   F # % K  Y O U  IF  YOU VOTED   FOR  HIM

Situated on the lower left bumper of that same vehicle was a sticker which read:

J E S U S  
                                                   Is Coming Soon 
                                                    Are  You  Ready

I probably should post the license plate # online but I won't.    I guess the person wanted to share a "current times" message along with an "end times" message.  I strongly suspect the vehicle owner was probably occupying a church pew yesterday morning. 

Btw, for those who are curious, the license plate was not a Virginia plate but a KNOX CO  Kentucky plate.  Again, this wasn't a beat up pick-up truck flying a Confederate flag, but a nice, late model SUV. We've got problems in this country, folks.

(06-28-2021, 09:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bit off topic but I think speaks a lot about a certain sector of our population. On Friday afternoon I was heading home going up 4th Street here in town.  In front of me was a black SUV type vehicle  that had some detailing work on its back window. The signage said the following in  big, bold letters(I can't include every letter for obvious reasons) :

Situated on the lower left bumper of that same vehicle was a sticker which read:

J E S U S  
                                                   Is Coming Soon 
                                                    Are  You  Ready

I probably should post the license plate # online but I won't.    I guess the person wanted to share a "current times" message along with an "end times" message.  I strongly suspect the vehicle owner was probably occupying a church pew yesterday morning. 

Btw, for those who are curious, the license plate was not a Virginia plate but a KNOX CO  Kentucky plate.  Again, this wasn't a beat up pick-up truck flying a Confederate flag, but a nice, late model SUV. We've got problems in this country, folks.

Oh those Christians who say eff Joe Biden but Jesus Saves.  Big Grin
(06-28-2021, 09:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bit off topic but I think speaks a lot about a certain sector of our population. On Friday afternoon I was heading home going up 4th Street here in town.  In front of me was a black SUV type vehicle  that had some detailing work on its back window. The signage said the following in  big, bold letters(I can't include every letter for obvious reasons) :

J E S U S  
                                                   Is Coming Soon 
                                                    Are  You  Ready

Next time take a photo and post it. Both the content and the timing are a little too convenient to be believed.
(06-28-2021, 09:43 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2021, 09:35 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

TRt, if the coming judgement is coming why aren’t you aren’t helping the poor,  the needy, and the tired.  
no one can stop it.  Why aren’t you doing all you can to help those who need help ?

I do in fact feed the poor, with my Church giving AND with my considerable tax burden. But we got people standing on top of each other trying to give poor people stuff as it is. Everybody but you that is. But perhaps you could clue me, is a well helped poor person more likely to be saved? Is it a matter of having enough material things, or is it a spiritual matter?

You are right about one thing, there is nothing that can stop the judgment or even delay it by one second. But the tribulation comes before the judgment.
Here is a short clip of Christians , Phil Johnson of Grace to You, along with Justin Peters , exposing false prophet, David Jeremiah .

(06-29-2021, 01:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a short clip of Christians , Phil Johnson of Grace to You, along with Justin Peters , exposing false prophet, David Jeremiah .

I just got through a 14 hour workday and not wasting time. I will watch in the morning but I guarantee it is false. 
I feel so sorry for you OSH. Zero percent chance you will ever be anything but hateful and miserable, and you wouldn't have it any  other way is the tragic part.

Here is a clue for you, people will always try to tear down people like Dr Jeremiah. I am smart enough to know people who can help me and teach me. I guarantee you have spent zero time listening to Dr. Jeremiah's message and all of your time googling sh!t to try to trash him. Sad and pitiful. I hope you can find some inner peace, but you have to at least try. Maybe we can drink a case of beer each talking about it then I can beat it into you if necessary lol.

Come on OSH be like me, be happy...it's really easy if you really want it...
Here  are some comments from former listeners of Dr. Jeremiah:

Isabelle Persic
1 yr ago

and yet another wolf in sheep's clothing... he's more subtle than a lot of them tho... never had a good feeling about him and now I know why.

healthyamerican
10 months ago

i used to listen to david jeremiah on the radio, but when he started talking about prophecy i felt he didnt have a clue so i would turn him off. i have a thing against people who claim to be preachers but have no idea when it comes to prophecy. it reveals something about them in my opinion.

John
5 months ago
I used to listen to Jeremiah on the radio and all it is is an info show to sell his books.

Lori Mac
8 months ago

I stopped trusting David Jeremiah once a friend of mine pointed out that large "all seeing eye" image on the backdrop behind his pulpit!

What is Truth
9 months ago

Blind leading the Blind.

Shelia Young
1 Year ago

Above his pulpit is a giant Luciferian all seeing eye!!!! Right above his head!!! NO!!!!

Wax Worse
9 months ago

••2 Timothy 3: 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
*seducers ~ People who entice, deceive, or pressure others to accept or even join in with their deception or immoral activity.
*wax worse ~ Become worse and more widespread over time.
*deceiving ~ Causing others to believe something that is not true.
*being deceived ~ Allowing yourself to go along with lies and deception.

Pray for Peace
10 months ago

David Jeremiah teaches the false Rapture,  runs with the Wolves, he is equally evil as those who don't hide their heresies.
^^Anyone can google anything and come up with anything. But to think it verifies your own opinion is as dumb as it can possibly get, sorry. And you can't even form your own opinion, instead of listening to the man for one minute you start googling....oh hell never mind
Google search:
old school hound sucks balls
About 6,430,000 results (0.62 seconds)
Remember Jim Bakker ?  (Of course you do)  Since we are talking end times, you might want to listen to ole Jim. He's gonna help you stay alive during the apocalypse:

Jim's frightening dream from the future   ...young people crying  ("perilous times are coming")

Jim with another dream... Judgement's coming !

Here's $$ Dr. David Jeremiah $$ teaming up with ...  you guessed it... False prophet , crazy man , and ex-con ----- JIM BAKKER!!!

^^^Haha Dr Jeremiah didn't even say one word in that clip, Until you spend one minute listening to him you are lame AF.

google search
old school hound needs a straightjacket
About 10,900,000 results (0.89 seconds)
(06-29-2021, 02:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Haha Dr Jeremiah didn't even say one word in that clip, Until you spend one minute listening to him you are lame AF.

google search
Jet for someone to just get off from a 14 hour workday it has to be something to do with a sleep study
(06-29-2021, 02:44 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Haha Dr Jeremiah didn't even say one word in that clip, Until you spend one minute listening to him you are lame AF.

google search

No , but the Christians who posted the clip were making the point the Jeremiah was giving some sort of credibility to the lunatic Baker by appearing on the show of a known false prophet.

"Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church."  ----    Unknown
(06-29-2021, 10:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

google search

No , but the Christians who posted the clip were making the point the Jeremiah was giving some sort of credibility to the lunatic Baker by appearing on the show of a known false prophet.

"Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church."  ----    Unknown
"I'll pray wherever I want to and you can think wherever you want to" ---- everyone with common sense
You should write a book: "Google for Dummies - Find Any Opinion You Want Online"
^^(OSH) Look at all of the smart people who agree with me!!!!! They are smart, so that makes me smart because they agree with me!!! Tell me how smart I am and agree with me or you are ignorant, uneducated, and stupid.

The arrogance of most atheists is probably their worst character flaw. They are not content with their own beliefs, they want to impose those beliefs on everybody they come in contact with. Another thing that I find offensive about most atheists is their refusal to acknowledge religion's positive impact on history. They are quick to point out all of the wars and oppression that have resulted in conflicts among people of different religions, but most of them never admit the many, many good works that have been done in the name of religions.

It is also an amazing coincidence to me that when atheists condemn religion - and most atheists do condemn religion - they tend to focus on religions whose followers are least likely to kill or maim them in response.
To begin, there are no prophets these days and haven't been since the day in which the Lord walked the streets of Jerusalem. NONE, and if necessary I can provide Scripture in support. So when the mockers come on here, don't act like the preponderance of Christendom are easily made fools of. True Christians will stand long after the lost have pulled in their horns and taken off for the hills. Rev 6:16  and they said to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the sight of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

Secondly since the Lord Jesus' ministry here on earth, there always have been and always will be knockoff preachers. Again, we are warned over and over in the New Testament to be careful to test these guys to validate them. That being said, not everyone can perform that task. Why? Because "--- a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor 2:14

Did Jim Bakker and others like him bilk naive people out of a lot of money? Of course, and they will continue to do so. There are far more who play at being a Christian though, than there are who make a living of fleecing them because of their gullibility. The reason is there are a lot of folks who lay claim to Christian faith but who are unfortunately not Christians at all. In fact as of 2019 65% of America claimed to be Christians, and of those only 62% said they were Church members.
Matt 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Christianity is not like a club that one can just join and frankly, America has been so saturated by exposure to the existence of God it seems, I believe owning to our immense wealth, that we don't really take Him all that seriously. Still, it escapes me how it is that people would think they could be so shallow or blase in their deliberations on Christianity. The Son of God had to die on the cross to redeem humanity from certain death after all. Remember as God told the first man Adam, "in the day that you sin you will surely die" [and all those after you]. Even Carl Sagan would say two things one cannot escape are death and taxes. But Christ actually died for us which should grab our attention as to how serious a thing our relationship with God should be. But the Lord's death was the guarantee to all men that they can be saved, it's just that few manage to find their way. Men just cannot seem to get this one thing. Whether or not we go to be with God is not about how a good a person we have been. Eternal life is not about any works of righteousness that any man does, like feeding the poor for example.
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It's our faith in Jesus the Christ that saves us and makes us a Christian. How we come by acquiring this faith I will answer at the end of this post. 

As I said there are "few there be that find it." For the sake of this conversation three out of every 100 would be a high number. And it's not for lack of God's provision to that end either, as the offering up of the Son of God on the cross is too profound a concept for mere words to describe but 97 out of every one hundred reject God anyway. And for the three who do 'find it,' on many occasions, theirs is to find themselves being mocked and laughed to scorn by the other 97. Pretty dramatic odds I must say.

And yet even Carl Sagan said he would love to believe this life is not the end. Thus I can assure there is no man outside of Christ who can say he is ready to die. That said for those who accept Christ as Savior, what an indescribable thrill it will be on that day to be with Him forever. God gives us the faith to believe in Him, "it is THE gift of God." Through repentance to Him. But Satan gives something to his followers to bolster themselves with as well, and it is not faith. Rather it is unbridled contempt for the truth. Hate is a powerful force as well.
I've often said if you want to know the truth about God or religion , for the love of Zeus and Thor, don't ask a preacher- guys like $Pat Robertson$, $Jim Bakker$, or $David Jeremiah$ . Those guys will tell you what they know you want to hear and sell you nothing but a pipe dream, some buckets of apocalyptic slop, or some DVD's and "camp meeting" seminars.

If you really want to know about religion don't ask those guys, ask a magician.  Magicians are experts concerning  illusion, deception, slight of hand, misdirection, and mind manipulation. 

Penn Gillette has previously identified as a Libertarian. He is a fellow at the right-Libertarian think tank ,The Cato Institute.

“There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again.”

― Penn Jillette, God, No! Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales

“What I have a problem with is not so much religion or god, but faith. When you say you believe something in your heart and therefore you can act on it, you have completely justified the 9/11 bombers. You have justified Charlie Manson. If it's true for you, why isn't it true for them? Why are you different? If you say "I believe there's an all-powerful force of love in the universe that connects us all, and I have no evidence of that but I believe it in my heart," then it's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that Sharon Tate deserves to die. It's perfectly okay to believe in your heart that you need to fly planes into buildings for Allah.”

― Penn Jillette
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7