Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Syracuse 38 Louisville 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
0-3 Syracuse goes into Louisville and beats them worse than the score shows.
Louisville goes from talking national championship to being ousted from the Top 25 in a grand total of 7 days. Syracuse dominated this game..unbelievable..
^ And people need to understand how pitiful Syracuse has been this season and last season to understand how bad of a loss that is for Louisville.
It is always good to see UL loss but I wonder if people will look at the UK win in a different light?
^ agreed...they were even being touted as one of the WORST 10 teams in the country before this game..
Nope. They shouldnt anyways. People should look at UK as the team that deflated Louisville and sent them in a spiral. This heavily damaged their hopes of even grabbing a share of the conference championship. West Virginia and South Florida will beat them, and maybe Rutgers..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:It is always good to see UL loss but I wonder if people will look at the UK win in a different light?
Yes people will look at it differently.Louisville is no where as good as last years team.Kentucky should have won that game.I think Arkansas will jump over Kentucky very quickly and win easily.I hope Im wrong!!!It the cats win this game they will win 8 or 9 games!!
It doesn't matter for UK now, they have broken into the rankings and that's all that matters.

When UK played Louisville, Louisville ws considered the #9 team in the nation.

Well, yes, now we all know they suck, but it doesn't hurt UK because we alredy accomplished our tasks in beating Louisville and gaining a top 25 ranking.

Now, all we have to do is beat Arkansas and up we go in the rankings.....oh....and how sweet it is to say "bye bye" to Louisville's top 25 ranking.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Syracuse is a team that has tons of talent.They get some of the highest rated high school players in the country.Having all that talent I look for them to knock some teams off.
Comfort Eagle Louisville can still have a good season.I think West Virginia will smoke them.Nothing wrong with the offense its the defense.Of course Im a Ky fan that roots for Louisville unless their playing Kentucky or West Virginia.Them losing a bunch of games does take away from their win over Louisville,,especially when picking teams for bowls.Comfort I think Kentucky plays with more emotion and fire than any team I have seen this year.What do you think?
Brohm had well over 400 yards passing.
tomcatin Wrote:Brohm had well over 400 yards passing.

Its easy to do if you are 45-65 in the game. He also had two picks that led to Syracuse points. The more impressive stat is Syracuse's Soph. QB. 17-26 for 423 yards:eek: People were saying that this was the biggest upset in Big East history and it took place in Louisville's own back yard. Under current the current Syracuse coach they were like 4-23 and 1-16 in Big East play over the past 3 years heading into this game. Plus Louisville was a 36 point favorite going into the game. The score of this game doesn't do Syracuse justice. They had them down 17 points for the majority of the game but two late fumbles by Syracuse allowed Louisville to get back into it. Kragthorpe and the Cards got a lot of boo birds, and the majority of the crowd packed it up during the late moments of the 3rd. The Cards could lose 4 more games on the season. Utah, WV, Rutgers, and South Florida. Next week they head to NC State where they could end up leaving with another loss if they don't get their stuff together.
Overrated!
Kentucky fans screaming over rated after we beat them was just plain stupid.Why take away from a great win by hollering something that would make the win no big deal!!
Because they are over rated.

tomcatin Wrote:Kentucky fans screaming over rated after we beat them was just plain stupid.Why take away from a great win by hollering something that would make the win no big deal!!
To be 36 point underdogs and come into Louisville to upset the Cards, thats making some history right there, congrats to the Cuse.
Loserville was overrated and today proves it big time....

Its poetic that UK and UL have now traded places in the football world.....
I think its mainly the coach. He never really done anything at Tulsa and UofL had 20 of 22 starters returning this year losing a Omobi Okoye and a CB. But they brought in the #1 JUCO corner to replace him. No one would've thought this team was going to be so bad that they lost to #114 Syracuse at home. The only good things about Petrino was his firery leadership and his offensive play calling that kept the Cards at that high level of playing. As a UK fan, I'm glad he's gone and Louisville has Kragthorpe.
Or, Krapthorpe as I like to call him, lol.

GRIZZ Wrote:I think its mainly the coach. He never really done anything at Tulsa and UofL had 20 of 22 starters returning this year losing a Omobi Okoye and a CB. But they brought in the #1 JUCO corner to replace him. No one would've thought this team was going to be so bad that they lost to #114 Syracuse at home. The only good things about Petrino was his firery leadership and his offensive play calling that kept the Cards at that high level of playing. As a UK fan, I'm glad he's gone and Louisville has Kragthorpe.
I love Kragthorpe....

lol.. ha ha ha
Wow, this was the perfect start to a beautiful day... Big Grin

I absolutely love it. Louisville, gone from the top 25 after just 4 games. And yes, it may diminish the shine of UK's win over the Cards just a little, but I think the fact that we beat them last week simply took the wind out of their sails. Even if it makes that win less impressive, you must always remember that it's never a bad thing when Louisville loses! NEVER.

Oh, and lest i forget to mention it again... I HATE LOUISVILLE!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Nope. They shouldnt anyways. People should look at UK as the team that deflated Louisville and sent them in a spiral. This heavily damaged their hopes of even grabbing a share of the conference championship. West Virginia and South Florida will beat them, and maybe Rutgers..

I agree man! That is fantastic to say! UK was the cause of UL's collapse! Ah that sounds good. Yea, you are right about UWV and South Florida, they may loss another 2 or even 3 times! Bowl game might look a lil iffy after it is all said and done.
Personally, I wouldnt give a fat rats ass if they lose every game on their schedule. Im tired of hearing about Louisville, Brian Brohm, Douglas and Urrutia. I said all along, that Steve Kragthorpe was overrated, and over his head at Louisville, and now its being proven. They were plain outplayed the last two weeks, and was outplayed the first half against MTSU (I mean, Western beat them, come on)...Its great though. I just hope the Tide gets back on track. Bama gets on track, UK having a great season, Then the world would be aligned correctly, we could feast on the finest meats and cheeses, and all of the little children in the world could hold hands, sing Freebird and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree man! That is fantastic to say! UK was the cause of UL's collapse! Ah that sounds good. Yea, you are right about UWV and South Florida, they may loss another 2 or even 3 times! Bowl game might look a lil iffy after it is all said and done.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I just hope the Tide gets back on track. Bama gets on track, UK having a great season, Then the world would be aligned correctly, we could feast on the finest meats and cheeses, and all of the little children in the world could hold hands, sing Freebird and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

One of the best statements I've ever readSmile Smile The Freebird and PB&J got to me. Hillarious.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Personally, I wouldnt give a fat rats ass if they lose every game on their schedule. Im tired of hearing about Louisville, Brian Brohm, Douglas and Urrutia. I said all along, that Steve Kragthorpe was overrated, and over his head at Louisville, and now its being proven. They were plain outplayed the last two weeks, and was outplayed the first half against MTSU (I mean, Western beat them, come on)...Its great though. I just hope the Tide gets back on track. Bama gets on track, UK having a great season, Then the world would be aligned correctly, we could feast on the finest meats and cheeses, and all of the little children in the world could hold hands, sing Freebird and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

That would truely be a perfect world.....We can dream though!