Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bonds not going to be a Giant after the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Giants are saying they will not pick up Bonds for the 2008 season. Will this be his last go around and hang them up at the end of the year?
I hope the Braves pick him up.
Hope he walks away from the game and doesn't go DH for someone
Yeah I think it is time for Bonds to retire.
Yeah its definitely time for him to get the hell off of my television screen. And after he walks away from the game, I hope Selig does the right thing and sticks a big fat * beside of that homerun total. I wont miss him. Bonds is a world class asshole. Always will be, and deserves what bad luck he'll ever get.
Tides..your being a little harsh. I think if he feels he can no longer be a real contributor..he should retire. But I think he still has a little gas left in the tank..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah its definitely time for him to get the hell off of my television screen. And after he walks away from the game, I hope Selig does the right thing and sticks a big fat * beside of that homerun total. I wont miss him. Bonds is a world class asshole. Always will be, and deserves what bad luck he'll ever get.
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah its definitely time for him to get the hell off of my television screen. And after he walks away from the game, I hope Selig does the right thing and sticks a big fat * beside of that homerun total. I wont miss him. Bonds is a world class asshole. Always will be, and deserves what bad luck he'll ever get.

Well said. Could not care less about what Bonds does, unless someone in the NL center gets him.
Glad to see him go, never liked him, he blew up when most men start deflating, he disgraced the game and all it means to America, way to go Bonds, you're ball should have been threw to the piranhas(flesh eating fish).

Whats worse is, the whole world knows he used steroids. Also you take into consideration "dope heads" like Steve Howe and Daryl Strawberry were given numerous chances after bouts with drugs. But yet despite the fact that Pete Rose (as a player) did nothing wrong, baseball has shunned him. Bonds will end up in the Hall of Fame. But IMO the Hall of Fame will not be legit until the all-time hits leader takes his rightful place in Cooperstown.
I would not shed a tear if he never shows up on my TV ever again...

Please Barry, call it a career.
I am wondering... Will he never be welcomed in this game again? Just think when A-rod breaks his record, is people going to be like, Ah he shouldn't even step one foot in the ballpark or will people think it is a good gesture on his part.
I dont think its harsh at all. I hate the fat bastard. And thats not gas in the tank. Its "juice". Smile
BCFan Wrote:Tides..your being a little harsh. I think if he feels he can no longer be a real contributor..he should retire. But I think he still has a little gas left in the tank..
i hope bonds does come back and hes on your tv on the quest for 800 career homers i like him and he would bring great revenue to a low fan based area...people each time you watch him you are watching one of the best players to ever put on the cleats and those of you that say stereroids are bad well they dont help you hit a 85 mph curve into mccvoey cove and look at this at least he is a respectable figure for the game he has not been caught and a lot of people have so go figure
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I dont think its harsh at all. I hate the fat bastard. And thats not gas in the tank. Its "juice". Smile

That is too funny TH! Smile

I hope that no team signs him this winter, just so we won't have to worry about seeing Bonds on TV any more. The game of baseball will be so much better off without him.
Grand Slam Wrote:i hope bonds does come back and hes on your tv on the quest for 800 career homers i like him and he would bring great revenue to a low fan based area...people each time you watch him you are watching one of the best players to ever put on the cleats and those of you that say stereroids are bad well they dont help you hit a 85 mph curve into mccvoey cove and look at this at least he is a respectable figure for the game he has not been caught and a lot of people have so go figure

A respectable figure for the game :ChairHit:, GET REAL man. Like TH said earlier, Bonds is a world class asshole, always has been and always will be.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Whats worse is, the whole world knows he used steroids. Also you take into consideration "dope heads" like Steve Howe and Daryl Strawberry were given numerous chances after bouts with drugs. But yet despite the fact that Pete Rose (as a player) did nothing wrong, baseball has shunned him. Bonds will end up in the Hall of Fame. But IMO the Hall of Fame will not be legit until the all-time hits leader takes his rightful place in Cooperstown.

:Clap: GREAT POST...