Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trump's Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With Harding , you had corruption and Tea Pot Dome; Teddy Roosevelt, progressivism, conservation, and big personality; Barrack Obama, first African American, Obamacare.

Cf, vector, Outsider and others, when historians assess Trump's legacy, what will it look like? Had he not begun perpetuating the Big Lie prior to the election and continued the Lie afterwards and not incited the violence at the Capitol, he could have at least been remembered as true outsider, a provocateur , and someone who swung the court in a decidedly conservative direction. However,  I think Jan. 6 cemented his legacy. I see no other legacy than being the only twice impeached president who surrounded himself with grifters and criminals and who attempted to undermine democracy and incite a riot to overthrow the current government. I think his words and actions leading up to the election and post-election has guaranteed his place forever in the historical record as  the worst president in American history.

Agree or disagree?
(06-06-2021, 11:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]With Harding , you had corruption and Tea Pot Dome; Teddy Roosevelt, progressivism, conservation, and big personality; Barrack Obama, first African American, Obamacare.

Cf, vector, Outsider and others, when historians assess Trump's legacy, what will it look like? Had he not begun perpetuating the Big Lie prior to the election and continued the Lie afterwards and not incited the violence at the Capitol, he could have at least been remembered as true outsider, a provocateur , and someone who swung the court in a decidedly conservative direction. However,  I think Jan. 6 cemented his legacy. I see no other legacy than being the only twice impeached president who surrounded himself with grifters and criminals and who attempted to undermine democracy and incite a riot to overthrow the current government. I think his words and actions leading up to the election and post-election has guaranteed his place forever in the historical record as  the worst president in American history.

Agree or disagree?
Has to go down as the worst President ever now if you throw in the last GQP president for the south Jefferson Davis he would give Dear Leader a run for the worst it would be a toss up
(06-06-2021, 11:52 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]With Harding , you had corruption and Tea Pot Dome; Teddy Roosevelt, progressivism, conservation, and big personality; Barrack Obama, first African American, Obamacare.

Agree or disagree?

You could make the same claim about George Washington if you ignore the record and listen only to his critics.
(06-06-2021, 12:38 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree or disagree?

You could make the same claim about George Washington if you ignore the record and listen only to his critics.
Responding to these idiotic threads only encourages the idiots who post them. The worst president in U.S. history is in the White House now. This obsession of the radical left with Trump has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with distracting attention away from the imbecile in the Oval Office and his slutty sidekick. This will be my last post in this thread because I have already contributed one post too many.
Catturd ™
@catturd2
A day after his speech - everyone is still talking about President Trump.

When cheese grits brain gives a speech - everyone just laughs their ass off at the incoherent babbling, and prays they forget it.

Agree or disagree?

TRT if we go by the record then your Dear Leader is the worst. 
535,000 Dead Americans
First president to leave office with less jobs than when he took office 
First president since Hoover to lose White House, Senate, and the House in less than 2 years
First president who has too this day not conceded he lost the election
First president to try a attempted coup
YOU SURE YOU WANT TO RUN ON THIS GUY'S RECORD ?

(06-06-2021, 12:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree or disagree?

Responding to these idiotic threads only encourages the idiots who post them. The worst president in U.S. history is in the White House now. This obsession of the radical left with Trump has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with distracting attention away from the imbecile in the Oval Office and his slutty sidekick. This will be my last post in this thread because I have already contributed one post too many.
Quooter just like a little B!tch run away when faced with Facts and Truth
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list. (All illiterate America-hating communists are on my ignore list.)
(06-06-2021, 12:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree or disagree?

Define irony: To restrict one's exposure to propaganda only, while at the same time professing to be enlightened.
(06-06-2021, 02:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list. (All illiterate America-hating communists are on my ignore list.)
"This will be my last post in this thread because I have already contributed one post too many."
Quooter you got to be the biggest liar on here
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list. (I include all anti-American, illiterate communists in my ignore list. I also include chuckleheads. This one qualifies as a twofer.)
(06-06-2021, 05:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list. (I include all anti-American, illiterate communists in my ignore list. I also include chuckleheads. This one qualifies as a twofer.)
Quooter another one of your many lies
"This will be my last post in this thread because I have already contributed one post too many."
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list. (The list includes illiterate anti-American communists and those who regularly engage in dumbassery.)
If you want to want to know about Trump's legacy , listen to REAL Republicans and REAL advocates of democracy, not  conspiracy theory hatemongers who support government coups and hang out on GAB.  

This pretty much sums up his legacy:

(06-06-2021, 08:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to want to know about Trump's legacy , listen to REAL Republicans and REAL advocates of democracy, not  conspiracy theory hatemongers who support government coups and hang out on GAB.  

TRT, QUOOTER you have anymore accomplishments ? Love to hear them
The latest from the GQP they claim Italy somehow changed votes in 2020 election.
Can't make this stuff up. What's your opinion TRT or Quooter like to hear it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021...-italygate
(06-07-2021, 10:25 AM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest from the GQP they claim Italy somehow changed votes in 2020 election.
Can't make this stuff up. What's your opinion TRT or Quooter like to hear it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021...-italygate

With Trump as it titular head, the current Republican Party is a dysfunctional , anti-American party.  I would like to see some of the principled, sane Republicans start a new party- no MAGAs, no QAnoners, no Hoots.  America needs two strong, viable parties who value democracy and love America. Right now, we have only one- the Democratic Party.
(06-06-2021, 08:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to want to know about Trump's legacy , listen to REAL Republicans and REAL advocates of democracy, not  conspiracy theory hatemongers who support government coups and hang out on GAB.  

Hound you seriously disappoint me. All I saw on your video were distortions which you and others on your side prefer to believe over the truth. It's just unsupported leftist propaganda and drivel.

Similarly the people alive in the days of Noah chose to believe a lie, and often mocked him to scorn as he labored with constructing the ark far inland of any sea. They considered him an unqualified idiot. At least back then whereas Noah was under the direction of God, those people though evil, had ignorance on their side as they mocked Noah. But when the flood waters came they wailed outside of the ark pleading to be taken aboard.

Things are different in our time as the truth is out there everywhere. But as in the day of Noah, men choose to believe lies over an overwhelming abundance of the truth. And thus they need a lot of support in their choice and only want liars around them to tickle their ears with only those things they want to hear.

“The time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear” (2 Timothy 4:3).

We have entered the time when open borders are called closed borders. Peaceful folks are vilified as 'dangerous,' while rioters are become the darlings of the left. And soon men will cry "peace peace, when there is no peace." This nation turned to believing lies back when we allowed teaching the theory of evolution to usurp the truth of creation in our schools. And we see what a cesspool of lies our educational system has since become. Not to mention a society rapidly cascading into chaos.

BTW, the ark was the symbolic forerunner of the example whereby men might escape judgment. It pointed to Christ, Who is the deliverer of all men who choose truth over lies.
(06-07-2021, 11:33 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

Hound you seriously disappoint me. All I saw on your video were distortions which you and others on your side prefer to believe over the truth. It's just unsupported leftist propaganda and drivel.

Similarly the people alive in the days of Noah chose to believe a lie, and often mocked him to scorn as he labored with constructing the ark far inland of any sea. They considered him an unqualified idiot. At least back then whereas Noah was under the direction of God, those people though evil, had ignorance on their side as they mocked Noah. But when the flood waters came they wailed outside of the ark pleading to be taken aboard.

Things are different in our time as the truth is out there everywhere. But as in the day of Noah, men choose to believe lies over an overwhelming abundance of the truth. And thus they need a lot of support in their choice and only want liars around them to tickle their ears with only those things they want to hear.

“The time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear” (2 Timothy 4:3).

We have entered the time when open borders are called closed borders. Peaceful folks are vilified as 'dangerous,' while rioters are become the darlings of the left. And soon men will cry "peace peace, when there is no peace." This nation turned to believing lies back when we allowed teaching the theory of evolution to usurp the truth of creation in our schools. And we see what a cesspool of lies our educational system has since become. Not to mention a society rapidly cascading into chaos.

BTW, the ark was the symbolic forerunner of the example whereby men might escape judgment. It pointed to Christ, Who is the deliverer of all men who choose truth over lies.
TRT you still support a attempted coup that's all we need to know about you
If Trump had only been in office for 2 years, then he would have left a very different legacy than the one that he now leaves, although if you look at his history, it was inevitable that it would fall apart.

Time will tell how he ranks, but as of now, going all the way back to the 1930's, he would be at the bottom along with Nixon and Carter.
Jimmy Carter should never be mentioned in the same breath or same sentence as the disgraced, twice-impeached, amoral  tangerine man.  Carter continues to rise in presidential rankings as time goes on. The most recent one I saw had Carter approaching the middle of the pack. Also, possibly the best man to ever hold the offfice. Trump will forever be ranked dead LAST!
(06-08-2021, 10:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Jimmy Carter should never be mentioned in the same breath or same sentence as the disgraced, twice-impeached, amoral  tangerine man.  Carter continues to rise in presidential rankings as time goes on. The most recent one I saw had Carter approaching the middle of the pack. Also, possibly the best man to ever hold the offfice. Trump will forever be ranked dead LAST!
Trump is the worst ever NO ONE is even close maybe the GQP President for the south during the civil war Davis could even come close. And YES Carter is the most descent and moral man in my lifetime to be president.
(06-08-2021, 11:04 AM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2021, 10:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Jimmy Carter should never be mentioned in the same breath or same sentence as the disgraced, twice-impeached, amoral  tangerine man.  Carter continues to rise in presidential rankings as time goes on. The most recent one I saw had Carter approaching the middle of the pack. Also, possibly the best man to ever hold the offfice. Trump will forever be ranked dead LAST!
Trump is the worst ever NO ONE is even close maybe the GQP President for the south during the civil war Davis could even come close. And YES Carter is the most descent and moral man in my lifetime to be president.

Carter may have been too decent and moral to be President, but I would take him over Trump or Nixon every time.

Is Donald Trump the worst US president ever? Historians say so.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-ameri...56u9w.html

The experts consulted by Siena rated Trump last among all presidents when it came to integrity and intelligence. They ranked him highly in only one category – luck – reflecting their view that the strong economy and relatively benign foreign policy landscape was due to good fortune rather than Trump’s leadership.

Even when taking ideology into account, Trump did poorly in the survey, ranking 40th out of 44th among the Republican-leaning scholars who participated.
Scott Adams describes you people perfectly: you are assigned your opinions by a$$holes and you're too dumb to even realize it.
Not to get too off topic here but in the 2018 scri survey, Carter, who continues to look better and better to historians is now 27th. Carter ranked higher than:
Gerald Ford , James Garfield , Richard Nixon , Zachary Taylor , Calvin Coolidge , Rutherford Hayes , George W. Bush , Chester Arthur,  Benjamin Harrison ,Herbert Hoover , John Tyler , Millard Fillmore , William Harrison , Franklin Pierce , Warren Harding,  Donald Trump , James Buchanan , Andrew Johnson

Trump, was #42, ahead of only Buchanan, and Johnson. But when next year's survey comes out , he destined for DEAD LAST after two impeachments , sh!tting on democracy, and trying to overthrow the government.
"I saw a survey" is something a 3rd grader is smart enough to know better than to say.
Me Hoot and TRT took a survey and you guys were overwhelmingly chosen as the biggest morons on the planet. See? I can do surveys too.
(06-08-2021, 11:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Scott Adams describes you people perfectly: you are assigned your opinions by a$$holes and you're too dumb to even realize it.
Donald Trump will win in a landslide, says Dilbert creator Scott Adams - Accountants And More

(06-08-2021, 11:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Me Hoot and TRT took a survey and you guys were overwhelmingly chosen as the biggest morons on the planet. See? I can do surveys too.
I bet the results was 75% to 25%
vector#1
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.
Next Oldest | Next Newest
In rating Presidents. From the very beginning Trump was set upon by the left like a pack of rabid dogs. The single impasse to which you or your side will never admit goes like this. The attack on Trump started long before he was elected and the calls for impeachment began minutes into his inauguration. The following headline appeared in the Washington Post Jan 20, 2016; "The campaign to impeach President Trump has Begun" But, the attack on Trump was actually and equally an attack on the people who voted for him as well.

Other than having to suffer the trauma of seeing another Republican being sent to the Oval Office, there never was any legitimate reason for the formalized effort to resist and impeach. What your side landed on, was to use the guise of moral indignation to justify your assault upon the orderly workings of government in this land, along with the 4 year long effort to usurp the voice of the people who elected DJT as President. Since the first day of the Trump Presidency the whole thing has been an assault on rational thought. Rest assured, history will judge 'the resistance' far more harshly than the DJT Presidency.

That's your side of the equation. On the Republican side was the establishment shock to think that the public would reject another Bush, and or the rest of the mostly RINO field of contenders. They were so alarmed to think the Republican base might not return to the fold, that they actually tried to help Hillary win. But the people rose up and overwhelmed them. So the Republican establishment like the Dems, were/are Hell bent to hold power.

Every day in America psychiatrist's offices are jammed with people trying to wrestle with themselves over decisions they have made. Theirs is a long and convoluted tale of 'how I got here.' Which is filled with rationalizations and justifications that they try to fit seamlessly into a construct that absolves them from blame, or responsibility if you prefer.

I watched a similar construct grow against Trump beginning with his campaign. I watched a wise crack made during a campaign statement in 2016 morph ultimately into the Mueller Probe.   https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/t...hip-226282  Trump is plain spoken, hence the unfortunate aside to Russia. And he was certainly no politician. But the mistake made on the part of the left was in underestimating the people's lack of tolerance for political correctness. PC which BTW has now eclipsed that which existed only 5 years ago by a fantastically wide margin.

But with regard to all that you say you have against him; the two sham impeachments and the cherry-on-top alleged attempt to overthrow the government with stun guns still out in the cars of the rally goers along with in one case, a box cutter. You will one day have sincere regret, as I predict America will become all that you hope. But hey, at least you'll have gotten your way. :)
(06-08-2021, 12:00 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]In rating Presidents. From the very beginning Trump was set upon by the left like a pack of rabid dogs. The single impasse to which you or your side will never admit goes like this. The attack on Trump started long before he was elected and the calls for impeachment began minutes into his inauguration. The following headline appeared in the Washington Post Jan 20, 2016; "The campaign to impeach President Trump has Begun" But, the attack on Trump was actually and equally an attack on the people who voted for him as well.

Other than having to suffer the trauma of seeing another Republican being sent to the Oval Office, there never was any legitimate reason for the formalized effort to resist and impeach. What your side landed on, was to use the guise of moral indignation to justify your assault upon the orderly workings of government in this land, along with the 4 year long effort to usurp the voice of the people who elected DJT as President. Since the first day of the Trump Presidency the whole thing has been an assault on rational thought. Rest assured, history will judge 'the resistance' far more harshly than the DJT Presidency.

That's your side of the equation. On the Republican side was the establishment shock to think that the public would reject another Bush, and or the rest of the mostly RINO field of contenders. They were so alarmed to think the Republican base might not return to the fold, that they actually tried to help Hillary win. But the people rose up and overwhelmed them. So the Republican establishment like the Dems, were/are Hell bent to hold power.

Every day in America psychiatrist's offices are jammed with people trying to wrestle with themselves over decisions they have made. Theirs is a long and convoluted tale of 'how I got here.' Which is filled with rationalizations and justifications that they try to fit seamlessly into a construct that absolves them from blame, or responsibility if you prefer.

I watched a similar construct grow against Trump beginning with his campaign. I watched a wise crack made during a campaign statement in 2016 morph ultimately into the Mueller Probe.   https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/t...hip-226282  Trump is plain spoken, and he was certainly no politician. But the mistake made on the part of the left was in underestimating the people's lack of tolerance for political correctness. PC which BTW has now eclipsed that which existed only 5 years ago by a fantastically wide margin.

But with regard to all that you say you have against him; the two sham impeachments and the cherry-on-top alleged attempt to overthrow the government with stun guns still out in the cars of the rally goers along with in one case, a box cutter. You will one day have sincere regret, as I predict America will become all that you hope. But hey, at least you'll have gotten your way. Smile
Well TRT don't really know where to start but going to give it a try
Majority of people in this country voted against Trump in 2016 but Hillary did concede. Then we found out that Russia had there hand on the scale in favor of Trump. And after almost 5 years we find out there was Russia collusion. Even though Trump controlled the entire investigation democrats had nothing to do with it.
Now as far as the first impeachment Trump with held funds from Ukraine to dig up dirt on President Biden and got caught. He was impeached by the house and found not guilty in the senate. We will see more and more will come out over this in the near future.
In the 2020 election he lost by almost 8 million votes did he concede No and still has not claimed election was stolen with NO facts to show for it. This was his plan even back in 2016 lose claim it was stolen my followers will believe anything. And he's right they will believe anything he say's. Now jan. 6th worst day in this country since civil war Trump's followers tried to stop the certifying of the election along with i believe 140 house members and 6 or 7 senators.
That's how he was impeached a unprecedented second time before he left office. But the GQP members in the Senate couldn't pull the trigger. But their was 7 REAL REPUBLICANS who voted to impeach. Don't blame Trump's problems on the democrats Trump done all this by his self. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU WOULD EVER LET A DEMOCRAT BY WITH A THIRD OF WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE.
Pages: 1 2 3