Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Bush chief strategist says US needs to 'go all in with the Democratic Party'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-bush-c...33032.html

Matthew Dowd, who served as the chief strategist for President George W. Bush's reelection campaign, said on Twitter on Thursday that he now views the Democratic Party as the only option for Americans.

"All the tribes of our nation who care about democracy need to put aside any policy and cultural differences and go all in with the Democratic Party. It is the only vehicle we can trust to guard our Republic," Dowd wrote.

I believe this guy is 100% right.  The question is, will it happen fast enough to save our Democracy?

What are the steps that need to be taken and by whom, to stop this delusional leader with a largely unbalanced cult following before it gets much more traction?
(06-04-2021, 05:34 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-bush-c...33032.html

Matthew Dowd, who served as the chief strategist for President George W. Bush's reelection campaign, said on Twitter on Thursday that he now views the Democratic Party as the only option for Americans.

"All the tribes of our nation who care about democracy need to put aside any policy and cultural differences and go all in with the Democratic Party. It is the only vehicle we can trust to guard our Republic," Dowd wrote.

I believe this guy is 100% right.  The question is, will it happen fast enough to save our Democracy?

What are the steps that need to be taken and by whom, to stop this delusional leader with a largely unbalanced cult following before it gets much more traction?
It's coming they see what the Herd is doing to this country
(06-04-2021, 05:34 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-bush-c...33032.html

I believe that he is 100& wrong. The Bush family, with the possible exception of George P., and most of their hangers-on have become unhinged since Donald Trump humiliated Jeb Bush in the 2016 primaries. It is easy to single out people like Dowd, who latched onto a politician to advance his career and is now looking to attach himself to somebody else and try to make him into a wider movement. However, attempting to portray a bitter former Bush underling as part of a massive move to the left is dishonest. People change party allegiances all the time. There are Democrats working for Republican elected officials and vice-versa. It happens. We are a nation of over 300 million people.

Donald Trump is no longer president, so I am failing to see this urgent need to save the country from him and his followers. If the majority of American voters support Trump and he runs in 2024, would not the best thing for a democracy be him winning the election?

It is very unlikely that I will support Donald Trump in the 2024 primaries, if he decides to run again. I think Joe Biden is too old to be president - I never thought that Biden was qualified to be president at any age but he is not in very good shape for a 78 year old man. Although Trump is currently in much better physical and mental shape than Biden, four years is a long time once a man reaches 78, and I hope that a younger, more conservative candidate wins the Republican nomination on 2024. I also hope that the 2024 Republican nominee gets Trump's full support.

That being said, if Trump runs in 2024 and wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically support him in the general election. I see the radical left wing of the Democrat Party as the greatest threat to our democracy and I don't see that changing over the next four years.
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.