Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Cult of Trump : Can it Be Deprogrammed???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
" So many great , educated, functional people were brainwashed."    Can Trump's cult of followers be deprogrammed? 

This interview was conducted shortly after Jan 6,  when traitorous MAGA  insurrectionists  stormed the Capitol in an attempted coup of the  legitimately elected government.   Many of the violent MAGA's have said they were just doing what Father Trump was telling them to do.
The Vanity Fair  interview was with cult expert and author of The Cult of Trump .

Do you agree with the expert that these followers of the orange man fit the definition of a cult and do you agree that they can be deprogrammed. As I've mentioned before, I've lost some family members and some friends to this bizarre group and I am hoping that they can be brought back from wherever their minds were sent.  

The term “cult” gets thrown around a lot to describe the intense passion of [b]Donald Trump[/b]’s followers—but is it accurate? For [b]Steven Hassan,[/b] a former Moonie turned cult expert and author of The Cult of Trump, the answer is decidedly yes. Trump, he holds, has all the characteristics of a cult leader, and his followers the qualities of a cult, from the all-consuming devotion to a single malignant narcissist to the daily consumption of “alternative facts” to immunize them against cognitive dissonance (a.k.a. reality). 

It’s a frightening prospect to consider millions of Americans being brainwashed by a reality-TV celebrity with a now defunct Twitter feed. Though his departure from office has certainly shaken some of his most conspiracy-addled devotees, others are doubling down, insistent that [b]Joe Biden[/b]’s inauguration is all part of Trump’s plan, or determined to follow him as he promises to “be back in some form.” And certainly not all of them will appreciate the somewhat condescending designation of “cult member.” The question is whether Trump’s followers can be “deprogrammed” the same way that, say, followers of Sun Myung Moon or L. Ron Hubbard have been.

Hassan says they can be, but the process will require not only empathy and individual family involvement but a wholesale change in how social media and information systems separate fact from dangerous fictions. “I would put undue influence or mind control as the number-two most important thing that we address for the planet,” he says. “Because otherwise authoritarianism, using social media, is a threat.” What follows is an edited transcript of our conversation. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/...programmed
He isn’t polling at 50% against primary opponents. Nobody likes a loser not even Trump.

If the GOP keeps its wagon hitched to this Ass, then the other asses will take all the power again in 2022 and 2024. That will be all she wrote for this season of mainstream fever dream for the GOP.
You might be able to deprogram it if somebody could actually find it. Cause it sure don't exist in my neck of the woods and I can assure, you wouldn't want to walk around an awful lot places speaking too loudly to that end.
(05-19-2021, 06:28 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]You might be able to deprogram it if somebody could actually find it. Cause it sure don't exist in my neck of the woods and I can assure, you wouldn't want to walk around an awful lot places speaking too loudly to that end.
And there's your answer like pissing in the wind
Religious cults are what we most commonly think of with cults; however, cults can definitely be political as well. I do think the Cult of Trump has a religious element mixed in with the political. I know a number of members of the MAGA cult from my area who are convinced that the orange man was placed in the White House by God.  Dangerous stuff, folks.  You saw on Jan 6 how dangerous. Don't think for a minute that we've seen the last of this insidious danger.  Because I want the best for this country, I truly want these people to get well.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcpggGDXZgxaTsUpyH2Kk...g&usqp=CAU]       =>

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3CuHVgzdfxeKWLBuiAN9...w&usqp=CAU]   =>

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi43nzn6f3w3w1DXz0S9b...A&usqp=CAU]   =>

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcPjm_aDHCaej3PsEbHi8...Q&usqp=CAU]    =>

???????????????????
Well it's official there are only 35 republicans in the House the rest is the party of Dear Leader
But on the bright side Dear Leader's party is shrinking every day
How far would the MAGA cult go to prove its loyalty?  We've seen it would resort to violence and attempted overthrow of government. Would they die for Dear Leader?

[Image: 106823110-1610469786347-gettyimages-1230...=630&h=354]
Dumbest sh!t on the planet. A bunch of brainwashed people who never question anything Dems do calling people who don't agree with them a cult. I can't think of anything dumber and I see dumb sh!t all over the place. Seriously, you guys are sick.
Seriously I love you OSH, but the deranged crap you spew on here is so far out there, I don't think you could coax people out of a burning building at this point. I don't see how you carry that crazy stuff around in your head 24/7. Seriously, if you aren't drawing SSI send me a PM, I can hook you up quick and nobody will question it for 1 minute lol. $$$
(05-19-2021, 08:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]How far would the MAGA cult go to prove its loyalty?  We've seen it would resort to violence and attempted overthrow of government. Would they die for Dear Leader?

[Image: 106823110-1610469786347-gettyimages-1230...=630&h=354]
No doubt some would

(05-19-2021, 09:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously I love you OSH, but the deranged crap you spew on here is so far out there, I don't think you could coax people out of a burning building at this point. I don't see how you carry that crazy stuff around in your head 24/7. Seriously, if you aren't drawing SSI send me a PM, I can hook you up quick and nobody will question it for 1 minute lol. $$$
While you are at it tell your shrink you get your info out of a litterbox
^^^I know you are never going to add anything of value here vector, but the least you could do is get some new material for your 3rd grade level comebacks.
(05-19-2021, 09:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^I know you are never going to add anything of value here vector, but the least you could do is get some new material for your 3rd grade level comebacks.

^^ Naw. Even third graders get tired of saying the same old drivel over and over again.
:D
:D
(05-19-2021, 09:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously I love you OSH, but the deranged crap you spew on here is so far out there, I don't think you could coax people out of a burning building at this point. I don't see how you carry that crazy stuff around in your head 24/7. Seriously, if you aren't drawing SSI send me a PM, I can hook you up quick and nobody will question it for 1 minute lol. $$$

I'm very fond of you too, Jet.   Maybe I am a little deranged( at times, anyway).   Smile    

Btw,  we need to come up with a couple new music threads.  I'll take my mind off Trump  and MAGA for awhile and think up a good one.
(05-19-2021, 10:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm very fond of you too, Jet.   Maybe I am a little deranged( at times, anyway).   Smile    

Btw,  we need to come up with a couple new music threads.  I'll take my mind off Trump  and MAGA for awhile and think up a good one.
^^^I am all over your music threads buddy. Plus we need to get Van H back in here. Which reminds me I need to respond to one of your posts in the music threads right now lol.
Can someone who is a Trump supporter reasonably explain to me how they can overlook all of his underhanded business dealings, his horrific mistreatment of women and his habitual lying? I'm not even talking about politics or even talking about the time since he became President, but he has been a bad human being for the last 40 years or so.

I have a hard time understanding how they believe what he claims to be instead of actually looking at the man and seeing what he obviously is. There are others from history that have been able to pull off the same charade, which makes it scary going forward that so many seem to have learned nothing from it. He has come very close to tearing the country so far apart that we may never recover. People need to open their eyes and see the real Donald Trump!
(05-20-2021, 02:58 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone who is a Trump supporter reasonably explain to me how they can overlook all of his underhanded business dealings, his horrific mistreatment of women and his habitual lying?  I'm not even talking about politics or even talking about the time since he became President, but he has been a bad human being for the last 40 years or so.

I have a hard time understanding how they believe what he claims to be instead of actually looking at the man and seeing what he obviously is.  There are others from history that have been able to pull off the same charade, which makes it scary going forward that so many seem to have learned nothing from it.  He has come very close to tearing the country so far apart that we may never recover.  People need to open their eyes and see the real Donald Trump!

I will try to explain that if you will put up just one verifiable example of any one of these charges having happened. An frankly Outsider, if he served with distinction and I say that he did, how did he as President betray the people?
Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
(05-19-2021, 08:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Dumbest sh!t on the planet. A bunch of brainwashed people who never question anything Dems do calling people who don't agree with them a cult. I can't think of anything dumber and I see dumb sh!t all over the place. Seriously, you guys are sick.
Same old stuff Jet it's getting old

(05-20-2021, 03:07 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 02:58 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone who is a Trump supporter reasonably explain to me how they can overlook all of his underhanded business dealings, his horrific mistreatment of women and his habitual lying?  I'm not even talking about politics or even talking about the time since he became President, but he has been a bad human being for the last 40 years or so.

I have a hard time understanding how they believe what he claims to be instead of actually looking at the man and seeing what he obviously is.  There are others from history that have been able to pull off the same charade, which makes it scary going forward that so many seem to have learned nothing from it.  He has come very close to tearing the country so far apart that we may never recover.  People need to open their eyes and see the real Donald Trump!

I will try to explain that if you will put up just one verifiable example of any one of these charges having happened. An frankly Outsider, if he served with distinction and I say that he did, how did he as President betray the people?
And once again TRT going to have to come up with something new

Most of the things I'm talking about happened before he became President.  When I get a few minutes, I will refresh your memory if you really don't remember or don't know.
(05-20-2021, 06:00 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

Most of the things I'm talking about happened before he became President.  When I get a few minutes, I will refresh your memory if you really don't remember or don't know.

Baloney. Put up one confirmed example.

I've read lots and lots of stuff about Trump's life prior to becoming a player on the political stage. Most of what I've learned are assessments from people who have known him most of his life. It seems his guy has always been a lowlife and a failed businessman, kept afloat by his family's bailouts.  Just a bad, bad man and a really sick man.  I never found a whole lot I agreed with when it came to Reagan, the Bush's, , Romney, etc... but I never view them as bad humans. In fact, there are things I liked about them personally, if not politically. There is not a single thing to like  about this Trump fella. Nothing.  He suffers from EDD ---Empathy Deficit Disorder . As Outsider correctly pointed out,  Trump is just a terrible human being and has been so for decades. The monster we saw ,as a nation , for four years is the same monster those around him witnessed for the last four plus decades.

Outsider, there is hardly a day goes by that I don't think about some of these same things. And it's even worst than that. Many of these Trump loyalists are evangelicals...In my area, I know many Southern Baptist evangelicals who think this man's orange sh!t doesn't stink. If nothing else, Trump did one thing that may serve humanity in a positive way down the road--- He helped expose many on the religious right for the hypocrites they are and have always been.  Lots of new, young anti-theists now because of this Trump chump and the evangelicals odd affection for him.
LOL can you guys explain why you constantly trash Trump but never have a problem with anything any Democrat does?

"I'll take brainwashed dumbass for $1000 Alex"
Old School Hound, put up an example of something you know that he did. What amazes me is up until Obama came on the scene, the torchbearers for the Democrat cause for two decades running, were Bill and Hill. Their lives are full of examples of FBI investigations, legitimate impeachment for which Bill was fined and disbarred, and myriad other criminal charges resultant of stepping over the line. Many of these legal missteps having happened while they were in office BTW. But they're Dems so... no problem!!! But Trump you want to judge past life gossip and on moral grounds as if he were a possible candidate to become pastor of a Southern Baptist Church.
(05-21-2021, 10:16 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]Old School Hound, put up an example of something you know that he did. What amazes me is up until Obama came on the scene, the torchbearers for the Democrat cause for two decades running, were Bill and Hill. Their lives are full of examples of FBI investigations, legitimate impeachment for which Bill was fined and disbarred, and myriad other criminal charges resultant of stepping over the line. Many of these legal missteps having happened while they were in office BTW. But they're Dems so... no problem!!! But Trump you want to judge past life gossip and on moral grounds as if he were a possible candidate to become pastor of a Southern Baptist Church.

Here is an easy one to start off with, or maybe you don't have a problem with his objectifying women.

“I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything… grab them by the p***y.” It wasn’t just Trump’s use of the p-word that was astonishing; it was the fact that he seemed to be saying he sexually assaults women just because he can. But the p-word and the objectifying, misogynist way it was used, coming from the mouth of a man who hoped to be president, was shocking, too.

(05-21-2021, 10:16 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]Old School Hound, put up an example of something you know that he did. What amazes me is up until Obama came on the scene, the torchbearers for the Democrat cause for two decades running, were Bill and Hill. Their lives are full of examples of FBI investigations, legitimate impeachment for which Bill was fined and disbarred, and myriad other criminal charges resultant of stepping over the line. Many of these legal missteps having happened while they were in office BTW. But they're Dems so... no problem!!! But Trump you want to judge past life gossip and on moral grounds as if he were a possible candidate to become pastor of a Southern Baptist Church.

Wait...wait...wait...Conservatives made these rules.  I'm sure glad you brought up Bill. 

Your ilk, TRT, deemed Bill and other Dems with questionable behavior as immoral which made them incapable of completing their duties.  At this point, we are laughing at your Hypocrisy and dishonesty.  

Bill's station in the democratic party hasn't aged well, but I'll be damned if you boys didn't adopt Bill Clinton 2.0.  Who knew that in 2021 Democrats own the moral high ground of this nation!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(05-21-2021, 10:28 AM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

Here is an easy one to start off with, or maybe you don't have a problem with his objectifying women.

“I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything… grab them by the p***y.” It wasn’t just Trump’s use of the p-word that was astonishing; it was the fact that he seemed to be saying he sexually assaults women just because he can. But the p-word and the objectifying, misogynist way it was used, coming from the mouth of a man who hoped to be president, was shocking, too.

Other than the saved, there are precious few men who do not objectify women, and the same goes for the preponderance of women who objectify men. I mean, this nation's number one pass time is summed up in just a couple songs, "everybody's workin for the weekend." Or, this is party land and 'girls just wanna have fun.' Examine the US in the most cursory sense possible and still it is easy to see that we are a society which is obsessed with sex. Movies, music, romance novels, God help us the internet, and on and on and on.

So Outsider and Old School and the rest of the posse on here, all of you guys never once took an untoward swipe at a young lady not founded in marital intentions I don't suppose? One more thing. Some of the President's most vocal and caustic critics live in that sexual cesspool of America, Hollywood, where sexual favors and money and power go hand in hand. Trump mixed with these sorts and claimed to be a star of sorts himself at one point. But if you think your anti misogynist stance is particularly shared from heaven you're mistaken.
Proverbs 5:1-5
[/url]My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
[url=https://biblehub.com/proverbs/5-5.htm]Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Put more indelicately, it takes two to tango they say. Girls are no better morally than men, and no more the victim. All of that said, I guarantee when every man stands at the judgment, and every last sin is exposed; none will fair one bit better in the light of day than does DJT for his sexual dalliances. There will be ample enough shame for every man at the judgment.

Is Trump guilty of the things he said in that interview? One would have to think so. Are all who ascend to the Presidency sexually pure? The presidential record reveals that to be a resounding no. Is that a high crime or misdemeanor, or did that prevent him from distinguished service? Absolutely not. Only those who have turned their backs on such immorality in repentance before God will be judged innocent. And even they are warned of Him not to judge another's sin. Why? Because if He being the God and Judge of man is willing to forgive that sin, we under His unmerited favor (forgiveness) have no right to trespass on the Lord's purview.

It was Trump himself who admitted to the bad behavior you cite. Everybody knew Trump liked girls before they voted for him. I asked for one example of his doing something illegal, something demonstrating his racism, etc. Just one will do.
(05-21-2021, 11:49 AM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

Other than the saved, there are precious few men who do not objectify women, and the same goes for the preponderance of women who objectify men. I mean, this nation's number one pass time is summed up in just a couple songs, "everybody's workin for the weekend." Or, this is party land and 'girls just wanna have fun.' Examine the US in the most cursory sense possible and still it is easy to see that we are a society which is obsessed with sex. Movies, music, romance novels, God help us the internet, and on and on and on.

So Outsider and Old School and the rest of the posse on here, all of you guys never once took an untoward swipe at a young lady not founded in marital intentions I don't suppose? One more thing. Some of the President's most vocal and caustic critics live in that sexual cesspool of America, Hollywood, where sexual favors and money and power go hand in hand. Trump mixed with these sorts and claimed to be a star of sorts himself at one point. But if you think your anti misogynist stance is particularly shared from heaven you're mistaken.
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
[url=https://biblehub.com/proverbs/5-5.htm]Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Put more indelicately, it takes two to tango they say. Girls are no better morally than men, and no more the victim. All of that said, I guarantee when every man stands at the judgment, and every last sin is exposed; none will fair one bit better in the light of day than does DJT for his sexual dalliances. There will be ample enough shame for every man at the judgment.

Is Trump guilty of the things he said in that interview? One would have to think so. Are all who ascend to the Presidency sexually pure? The presidential record reveals that to be a resounding no. Is that a high crime or misdemeanor, or did that prevent him from distinguished service? Absolutely not. Only those who have turned their backs on such immorality in repentance before God will be judged innocent. And even they are warned of Him not to judge another's sin. Why? Because if He being the God and Judge of man is willing to forgive that sin, we under His unmerited favor (forgiveness) have no right to trespass on the Lord's purview.

It was Trump himself who admitted to the bad behavior you cite. Everybody knew Trump liked girls before they voted for him. I asked for one example of his doing something illegal, something demonstrating his racism, etc. Just one will do.
TRT you have sold your soul for Trump

Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

No TRT, I have never sexually assaulted a woman and cannot believe you condone it.

Trump did not admit to this, he actually tried to lie his way out of it.

(05-21-2021, 11:51 AM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]

My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:

TRT you have sold your soul for Trump

It's pretty obvious now that he has. Woah
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9