Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2021 KY Mr. Football Cameron Hergott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just seen where Cameron Hergott, the 2021 Kentucky Mr. Football, will be reclassing to the C/O 2022. Because of the SB-128 ruling, Hergott will have the opportunity to once again win the prestigious Mr. Football Award. Anyone know how many times a player has won the award twice? Who and when?
I doubt anyone ever has before, that said he just kissed D-1 opportunity goodbye if he had any. Kentucky School Board Association sent out guidance this week to school districts that declassing would make you D-1 ineligible.
One thing I don't want to hear is "covid" shortened his season. Balogna, he played 13 games including the state championship game vs 15 game w/ championship on a regular season.
2.. Correct me if I am wrong. Mr. Football nominees and winners only goes to seniors, so you're telling us that a "super senior" can win it again?
This stupid bill was actually introduced by a man named Wise. Isn't it ironic?
(05-11-2021, 10:31 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone ever has before, that said he just kissed D-1 opportunity goodbye if he had any. Kentucky School Board Association sent out guidance this week to school districts that declassing would make you D-1 ineligible.

I don’t see how the Kentucky School Board Association, can make that call. They have no control over what the NCAA does.
(05-11-2021, 10:47 AM)Oleballcoach Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2021, 10:31 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone ever has before, that said he just kissed D-1 opportunity goodbye if he had any. Kentucky School Board Association sent out guidance this week to school districts that declassing would make you D-1 ineligible.

I don’t see how the Kentucky School Board Association, can make that call. They have no control over what the NCAA does.

They didn't they spoke to the NCAA then sent the guidance out to districts. They don't make any decisions they just provide informations to districts.
Follow the $$$$$$$$
(05-11-2021, 10:31 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I don't want to hear is "covid" shortened his season. Balogna, he played 13 games including the state championship game vs 15 game w/ championship on a regular season.
2.. Correct me if I am wrong. Mr. Football nominees and winners only goes to seniors, so you're telling us that a "super senior" can win it again?
I'm not from Beechwood nor am I a Beechwood fan. I was simple putting out a little information that I came across, you know the stuff these sites are meant for...
(05-11-2021, 12:08 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2021, 10:31 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I don't want to hear is "covid" shortened his season. Balogna, he played 13 games including the state championship game vs 15 game w/ championship on a regular season.
I'm not from Beechwood nor am I a Beechwood fan. I was simple putting out a little information that I came across, you know the stuff these sites are meant for...
I did not quote you nor my post was directed to you. i didn't think you're a BW fan, I merely answered a question and I asked for anyone who knows about repeating Mr. Football.
Coming back for a 5th year, will have no impact on his D1 eligibility. He’s already going to be graduated and taking college level classes. It’s no different than going to a prep school. There is a lot of misinformation surrounding this rule.
Or any different than a few that goes the military route and then enrolls after their time.
(05-11-2021, 10:58 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]

They didn't they spoke to the NCAA then sent the guidance out to districts. They don't make any decisions they just provide informations to districts.

Do you have a source on that? The KSBA does not have any say in whether a kid can go to a Division 1 school or not, and why would the NCAA say that 5th year high school students can't go to D1 schools when they themselves just approved an extra year of eligibility for college athletes?
Surely he would not be eligible for KY Mr football next season. KHSAA has done plenty that hasn’t made sense but that would the dumbest decision KHSAA has made yet. The comeback seniors should not be able to add next year stats to school or state record. Wherever they finished as of their 4th year of Highschool in any personal, school or state records should be where they end. If not we’re going to have a record book full of kids that only reached the number they’re at because they were handed an additional year and knocked off athletes all because they didn’t.
Maybe they should strip him of the title.
(05-11-2021, 01:13 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you have a source on that? The KSBA does not have any say in whether a kid can go to a Division 1 school or not, and why would the NCAA say that 5th year high school students can't go to D1 schools when they themselves just approved an extra year of eligibility for college athletes?

I'll try and go back and find it, but basically for D-1 eligibility you only have a limited time to complete your "core courses"  and the extra year of eligibility will mess up that ability.  This time frame is in the NCAA by laws for eligibility.
IMO this young man was a D1 athlete last time I saw him play...If there are schools or the NCAA (as corrupt as they are) who can’t see this then it’s a fault all their own. Daddy
Ball that has become so prevalent its ridiculous, some of you all need to let junior experience some life lessons and disappointment so he’ll understand this cruel world he’s getting ready to enter...If this kid is good enough to win it again and doesn’t turn 19 before Aug 1 then he’s not a hold back, kudos to him I wish him nothing but the best...that doesn’t mean other kids can’t succeed it should drive them to work harder...
(05-11-2021, 03:17 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2021, 01:13 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll try and go back and find it, but basically for D-1 eligibility you only have a limited time to complete your "core courses"  and the extra year of eligibility will mess up that ability.  This time frame is in the NCAA by laws for eligibility.

This year seniors are fine barring they've passed all their classes up to this point. They've gotten their core class credits in the time frame of 8 semesters like the NCAA D1 requires. It would be like going to a prep school before enrolling into college. All the other speculation is just misinformation.
I don't believe the repeat Seniors will have an issue with eligibility as long as they have passed and received all their credits. I believe the eligibility issue will be if an underclassman repeats, and has to take repeat classes. For instance, a Junior decides to repeat and the local district forces him to repeat those junior year classes. Thus he would fail to get his core classes completed in the 8 semester time frame.
I don’t care enough to call my Congressman to verify , but these kids would not be coming back if their future eligibility was at stake...at least not the big names we are seeing making this decision.

Personally, life is too short, do what you want within the rules. I doubt they will look back in 20 years and have regrets.
(05-11-2021, 10:54 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]IMO this young man was a D1 athlete last time I saw him play...If there are schools or the NCAA (as corrupt as they are) who can’t see this then it’s a fault all their own.  Daddy
Ball that has become so prevalent its ridiculous, some of you all need to let junior experience some life lessons and disappointment so he’ll understand this cruel world he’s getting ready to enter...If this kid is good enough to win it again and doesn’t turn 19 before Aug 1 then he’s not a hold back, kudos to him I wish him nothing but the best...that doesn’t mean other kids can’t succeed it should drive them to work harder...
I’ve watched many try following and protecting their son’s spot on the field/court all the way up through the ranks. Hate it for the kid in the long run. They will definitely have some rough roads ahead of them.
There's a reason why Kentucky is the only state doing this.
Trying to find a link to the NCAA press release but coming up empty. Below is a link to an article from KY Today from yesterday

https://kentuckytoday.com/stories/ncaa-a...over,32270
Wow, as a mayfield fan, I hate to see this, lol, but best of luck to him, a GREAT athlete!
If he were to win it again it would only be the 2nd time supposedly that a player won Mr. Football. I read it somewhere not sure where.
Just got a full ride offer from EKU. Looks like the ability to attend camps this summer paid off.
(06-08-2021, 08:12 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a full ride offer from EKU. Looks like the ability to attend camps this summer paid off.

Yep and few of the posters on here actually took anything like being able to attend camps into any kind of equation, hopefully this is the first of many.