Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best passing attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Teams are beginning to modify their playbook from the old, straight ahead rushing attack every year to a personnel driven offensive scheme. With the success Belfry has running the football, you would think many other teams would mimic their style. But, instead we are seeing more and more shotgun passing attacks. What mountain team has the best passing attack this season?
I think Leslie has a very good passing attack in the last 2 games they have threw for an average of over 250 yards.
Hazard and clay county also have a great passing game.
I have not seen them play yet but Pike Central seems to have a good passing game.
I would have to say Pike Central they are avg around 270 yards per game and around 3 TDs around 1 int. Not to bad
Breathitt County has had some good passing teams.
1997- Moore 3,294 yards *State Champs
1998- Moore 3,805
1999- Sperry 4,630 (ranks 2nd all-time in the state of KY for a single season)
2000- Sperry 3,074
2002- Haddix 4,359 (ranks 5th all-time) *State Champs
Waylon Chapman put up some impressive numbers in 1995-1996
Hundley just ran over people for a couple of years after Haddix graduated.

JP Chapman (long time Breathitt Co. asst.) went to Pikeville in 1998, Ben Howard threw for 3,165 yards that season.
These teams are the ones that really like to air it out this year, and all are having success.

Clay County
Hazard
Breathitt County
Letcher Central
Pike Central
Don't forget about Somerset and John Cole
In order the team who has most success threw the air.

1.Clay County.
2.Hazard
3.LCC
4.Pikeville
5.Summerset.
Sc is showing little more pass this year
xoJouseox Wrote:In order the team who has most success threw the air.

1.Clay County.
2.Hazard
3.LCC
4.Pikeville
5.Summerset.

Pikeville is no passing team. They will air it out every now and then, but they won't do it more than half the time.

Sorry Meaty, forgot about Somerset. There also a very good passing team.
Clay county if you go by the stats.