Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marvin Lewis just said.............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
......on 1530 AM. We didn't play well enough to win in neither of the 3 phases yesterday (offense included).

I know there were a couple of turnovers, but c'mon Coach........45 points isn't playing well enough to win??? Oh I see. The offense should have been able to go 90 yards in a little over a minute without a timeout. Yeah, ur right Marvin, we should have scored 52.......geeeeeeesh!!!!!!
I am a true die hard Bengals fan but I am sick of Marvin Lewis. He hasnt proven anything since he has been there. The defense sucked when he got there and it sucks now. He has won games past 3 or 4 years because he has so much talent on offense. This guy is killing me, I think its time to pack his bags.
It'd be nice to hear him say somthing like this...."the offense, depite a couple of miscues did its job and put more than enough points on the board to win the game. The defense didn't do its job, and should be embarassed by its performace. You can't allow a team to score at will and expect to win a football game." He could even point out the special teams if he wanted....but don't BLAME the offense.

We're not stupid, Marvin, despite what you think. Although Marvin and his coaching staff no more about the ins and outs of football than I'll ever forget, I don't like having my intelligence insulted.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I am a true die hard Bengals fan but I am sick of Marvin Lewis. He hasnt proven anything since he has been there. The defense sucked when he got there and it sucks now. He has won games past 3 or 4 years because he has so much talent on offense. This guy is killing me, I think its time to pack his bags.

That's stupid, no offense intended, but he's turned the program around, brought back a fan base, but I agree that he needs to improve the defense, or at least take over the play calling.
i am a Cowboys fan i would trade you Phiilips for Lewis anytime Marvin is the man.
I wouldn't want to lose Marvin, just Bresnahan. But you guys have to agree that theres no way the offense did NOT play well enough for the Bengals to win on Sunday. I mean....45 points.....c'mon.
Very rare to see an NFL team score 45 points, even more rare to see an NFL team score 45 points and lose. Bengals have one of the most potent offense's in the NFL and Marvin Lewis has the guts to blame them for losing? Sorry folks Cincy's offense didn't give up 51 points, their D is terrible and if nothing changes in the front office, it will remain that way. Get a new Defensive coordinator!
BFritz Wrote:That's stupid, no offense intended, but he's turned the program around, brought back a fan base, but I agree that he needs to improve the defense, or at least take over the play calling.

What type of coach is Marvin known as?
Marvin shouldnt blame the offense, 45 points should be enough to win a game.
Fenix Wrote:What type of coach is Marvin known as?

He's the head coach but he's known as defensive minded.
Fenix Wrote:What type of coach is Marvin known as?

Marvin was the defensive coordinator of what many regard as one of the top 3 defenses of all time......the 2000 Baltimore Raven defense. Which was the main reason that team won the super bowl. Which makes one ask the question......How can Marvin sit back and watch this foolishness go on with Bresnahan?
BFritz Wrote:He's the head coach but he's known as defensive minded.

Bengal Cat Wrote:Marvin was the defensive coordinator of what many regard as one of the top 3 defenses of all time......the 2000 Baltimore Raven defense. Which was the main reason that team won the super bowl. Which makes one ask the question......How can Marvin sit back and watch this foolishness go on with Bresnahan?

That's my point. He's a defensive minded coach and he has yet to show us anything. Baltimore had an unreal defense while he was there, but its time for him to step up and do what needs to be done or for us to move on to the next level. If they don't get it done this season (at least making the playoffs), I'm not sure how we could justify keeping him. This team is very talented.
BFritz Wrote:That's stupid, no offense intended, but he's turned the program around, brought back a fan base, but I agree that he needs to improve the defense, or at least take over the play calling.

I agree! Hopefully changes will be coming.