Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott vs Breathitt (All A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knott gets by Lee 22-1

Breathitt beats Leslie 12-3

Championship game @ Hazard
6pm start

Predictions?
Depends on who is on the bump for each team tonight!
Why is Lee always so bad?
Knott pulls it out in the 11th with 2 outs on a flyball hit to right that was dropped.

Great game back and forth. Couple controversy calls late but may have seen two sluggers go at it early this season.
(04-16-2021, 09:21 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: [ -> ]Knott pulls it out in the 11th with 2 outs on a flyball hit to right that was dropped.

Great game back and forth. Couple controversy calls late but may have seen two sluggers go at it early this season.
couple? They were plain as day. Very bad called game. They both fought it out but them two calls costed the game for Breathitt.
Heck of a championship game!
A feller posted a bunch of pictures on Facebook of some of the calls in this game. I’m not a ref or ump and never have been one. But some of those calls a blind person could make and we’re just downright pathetic. That guy said they had already filed a complaint to KHSAA about the calls and I’d be interested to see how that one plays out.
Wont be nothing done.
Facebook looked wild today from breathitt co. I’m sure nothing will be done on the appeal but still needs to be brought up. This is the call that ended up evening the score in the bottom of the 6th. 

Hellen Keller could have made this call. From the sounds of it the infield ump made an out of position call in a three man crew. 

I feel for Breathitt’s boys and staff. Hell of a game for them to carry the momentum for that whole game.
(04-16-2021, 11:14 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: [ -> ]Facebook looked wild today from breathitt co. I’m sure nothing will be done on the appeal but still needs to be brought up. This is the call that ended up evening the score in the bottom of the 6th. 

Hellen Keller could have made this call. From the sounds of it the infield ump made an out of position call in a three man crew. 

I feel for Breathitt’s boys and staff. Hell of a game for them to carry the momentum for that whole game.

And there was a couple more calls thst you could see the runner through first base and the ball hadn’t even touched the glove yet. 

Something needs to be done with the refs about this one. At least bring them in for some coaching or something. These were blatant terrible calls 

The folks from breathitt kept saying this is the buddy system from Knott Co getting the refs to make calls for them or whatever. And I’m not around Knott so I don’t know if that’s true or not. Can anyone else comment on this? Were the refs from Knott?
Keith hall behind the plate
Dylan fields at first
Greg hall at third

So a Powell, Perry and letcher combo.
(04-17-2021, 11:33 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: [ -> ]Keith hall behind the plate
Dylan fields at first
Greg hall at third

So a Powell, Perry and letcher combo.

So that debunks the buddy buddy idea Breathitt was saying on Facebook or no?
From what I gathered Greg hall, Dylan fields and Knott coach call basketball together. In what ultimately made the call at 3rd base out of position was Greg hall who doesn’t go Breathitt’s way often and calls basketball.

Still not a way to see a bunch of boys get treated either political or not. No coaches ejected from breathitt was surprising. They young coach Hamilton held composure well. Lord knows I wouldn’t have.
It for sure is a buddy system. Them umps and knotts coach ref together in basketball. And Greg is very anti-Breathitt. Never seen him call a fair game for Breathitt. Even hazard spectators at the game said it was very unfair game for Breathitt. Just wish Khsaa would do something about it.
Yikes
Well why dont some of you grow a pair and do something about it if you are so concerned.
(04-18-2021, 12:50 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well why dont some of you grow a pair and do something about it if you are so concerned.

My pair is from Betsy Layne and got about as much care as minimally possible. Just interesting to see how this was playing out and hoping the right people can get ahold of this and get it fixed