Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bresnahan must go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all got a dose of fools gold last week vs the Ravens. After that display today and considering what happened thoughout last year, I don't see any justifiable reason to keep Bresnahan. Act now while theres still time to salvage the season. You thought today was bad, whats Hasselbeck and Brady going to do the next two weeks?
Bengal Cat Wrote:We all got a dose of fools gold last week vs the Ravens. After that display today and considering what happened thoughout last year, I don't see any justifiable reason to keep Bresnahan. Act now while theres still time to salvage the season. You thought today was bad, whats Hasselbeck and Brady going to do the next two weeks?

Amen, I pray that they can him.
BFritz Wrote:Amen, I pray that they can him.

The frustrating thing is this. We keep hearing the same old lame excuses after every defensive melt down. Miscommunication, players out of position, poor execution. Well who does that go back to? Nobody can make me believe that the same defensive scheme used Monday Night would not have worked yesterday. A young QB (that was 0-3) in only his 4th start and instead of attacking him and using the same aggression we did vrs McNair, we back off and let him pick us apart. Then on top of that we bring Jamal Lewis back from the dead. Another thing.....how many times have you heard Justin "franchise tag" Smiths name called this year? Why in Gods name does Marvin Lewis not take over this defense?
I say we send Bresnahan and Marvin packing, I am sick of both of them.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I say we send Bresnahan and Marvin packing, I am sick of both of them.

What will happen Tubby Hater is this......nothing will be done to Bresnahan this week, because of the heat being put on Chucky B there will be a sense of urgency to actually show up in Seattle. The defensive performance will be leaps and bounds ahead of yesterday (which ain't saying much). Then Marvin will hit the airways crowing about how much the defense improved. That will satisfy all the pundits and sugarcoat everything until the next defensive meltdown. Its a never ending cycle thats been going on for a while now and it won't stop until someone takes control of the defense that can put together a scheme (week in week out) and make the proper adjustments at halftime as well as throughout the game.
I have remained silent on BGR for the last 24 hours, just sitting and stewing, but I have to let it out now...

FIRE FREAKIN' CHUCK BRESNAHAN!!!

There is no excuse for players being out of position as much as they were on Sunday. The players didn't seem prepared, and that falls onto Bresnahan and partially on Marvin Lewis (who hired him).

People, we were a lot better off under Leslie Frazier. Do you think he might want to come back? Smile

Just kidding, but oh, what I wouldn't give to have Dick Lebeau as our defensive coordinator right now. The guy may not be cut out to be a head coach, but man, can he build a stout defense.