Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 56 Knox Central 38 (Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay now everyone can say that Knox withered under the spotlight. Lol! Absolutely horrible showing in the first half. 

Still a great season though for the Panthers and a huge accomplishment to win 3 straight regional titles. 

Good luck to Ashland!
Pretty much as expected.   But 38 points ....    WOW!

Took back-to-back OT games for Ashland to get by  WC  and  Rowan.  

Next Turner(s) up ....

Good luck to the Tom Toms in the next round.

Safe trip back home ,  Panthers. Here's a soothing long distance dedication to help heal the hurt.

I don't want to pound on them, because they did deserve to win the 13th. But 10 in the first half? Ashland is good, but they ain't the '96 UK team.
There's withering in the spotlight, then there's scoring 10 points in the first half.
I think the penticle of the Knox season was beating North and winning the 13th, they were not mentally prepared for the road to have gone beyond the Corbin Arena and sending North home.
(04-02-2021, 07:18 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to pound on them, because they did deserve to win the 13th.  But 10 in the first half?  Ashland is good, but they ain't the '96 UK team.

They absolutely earned the region title. They were the only team that played a really quality basketball game in the tourney. However, they clearly withered on the big stage yet again.  Patterson is not ready for the UK job just yet.
Ashland is up 40 on Boyle right now.. Ashland is pretty freaking good.