Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 40 Estill County 37 (14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Breathitt County. Both teams each had a 7 point lead at one point. Napier's three at the buzzer rattles off.
Estill 0-7 free throws last 2 minutes.
(03-20-2021, 02:08 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: [ -> ]Estill 0-7 free throws last 2 minutes.

i think they missed two front ends as well

Neither team shot well from the floor or the line

Perry just made their run at the right time
Estill finishes the season 16-5.
They were 7-3 in 14th Region with no wins outside the 56th district.

Perry moves to 9-13 and will face the winner of Knott/Breathitt in the semis
Perrys next victim will be Knott Central. They will beat KCC by 3. We will see a big game from Beverly this time.
Enjoy your win Pukeboy.
Knott by a baker's dozen.
^lol
Wasnt a win for me. Just calling it like I see it. Knotts very over rated. Perry has the more athletic and better coached team. They will find s way to win. Perry by 3.
I will give credit where credit is due.
Perry's pressure bothered Estill. I can't take anything away from the athletes at Perry Central. They made plays and Estill did not. They tried to give it to us but it was not our night. I have watched Estill in person or on video almost every game this year. Perry caught Estill in its worst team performance of the year to get this W. Free throws,missed layups, turnovers ,air balls , abandoning the offensive game plan in the final 5 1/2 minutes to play street ball...and if you can name it, it probably happened. I feel for the coaching staff when they watch this game.

The Engineer D done more than enough to win. It was an uncharacteristic performance on the offensive end that made the difference. ( also credit the defense of Perry Central for getting Estill off track ).Any Engineer fan would tell you the same. That is the way i see it.
(03-21-2021, 07:41 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Wasnt a win for me.  Just calling it like I see it.  Knotts very over rated.  Perry has the more athletic and better coached team.  They will find s way to win.  Perry by 3.
Knott by 8
PCC cannot match up with McGuire and if you double team him, then you deal with Napier.
KCC by 9
Perry was in a position to win the last one at Knott Central. I expect nothing different this time.

I won’t predict a winner, but I expect whoever makes a run last wins.
Perry beat KCC the whole game at Knott Central. Breathitt County is neutral ground. Perry wins this time. The McKenzie boys will give McGwire all he wants and then some. They have Mullins to throw at him as well. PCC is going to state.
38 and 11 in the last 2 years for Estill with 2 early departures from the regional tournament with teams good enough to win it. This type of offense is hard enough to watch when you win. Estill county needs to ask tough questions.
Im hearing this upcoming senior class is FULL of kids that can straight ball and that there will be no way to keep them off the floor anymore.
I hope they are able to play ...
(04-27-2021, 09:42 AM)Send It Wrote: [ -> ]38 and 11 in the last 2 years for Estill with 2 early departures from the regional tournament with teams good enough to win it. This type of offense is hard enough to watch when you win. Estill county needs to ask tough questions.
Im hearing this upcoming senior class is FULL of kids that can straight ball and that there will be no way to keep them off the floor anymore.
I hope they are able to play ...

I'm not saying Estill County has been bad by any means...
but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who outside of Irvine who felt the Engineers were a true regional contender the last couple years.
Your statement is correct. Nobody outside of Irvine would think they were contenders because all they know is what theyve seen firsthand. For the past 2 years Estill have had the athletes to contend for regional title imo. They were not allowed to play to their true potential. Hence the reason i said that they need to ask tough questions. The vast majority of their points were earned against a set defense ensuring that they get no easy points. It put all the pressure on the boys to play at peak efficiency because every possession is so valuable. The never played loose and were able to get to a place to play up to their potential. Their is no flow in that style of game.
Again you were correct in that Estill playing their style weren't a serious contender because its so hard to play 3 near perfect games consecutively. When you cant match up at any position i can see playing that style to keep the game close and hope for a couple of good turn of events at the end to help get you over the top but again i think Estill had the personnel to be able to play to match the faster pace played by other teams in the region. Sadly, i don't see that changing anytime soon and the world will never know how many licks it took to get to the center of that tootsie pop.Just my opinion from a frustrated Estill fan.