Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Blake Williams resigns as Powell County Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blake Williams has resigned as the Head basketball coach at Powell County. the decision came around 2:00 this afternoon via text message to his players. He stated personal reasons as his reason for stepping down. Out of respect I won’t say exactly what he said because that deserves to be between him and his players. He stated that it was in no way because of the kids or the season they have endured. He was 19-52 as the pirates coach after taking over 8 games through the 2018-19 season. Blake is a guy I know personally and is a tremendous person. Wish him the best.
Who will the Pirates try to get as their next coach? They are in a rebuilding stage for sure so they probably need to get a coach that plans to commit to 3-4 years and give that coach time to build a program.
Any news?
Robert Amis?
Hearing an assistant from Montgomery County.
Brian Hall?
no news as of now, haven’t heard many names. Pirates need to get them a real coach, I hope they don’t rush it.
Good luck finding a REAL COACH. They are a dieing breed and are on the endangered species list in Kentucky. Everything is political these days. Nothing is earned any more it seems at none of the 14th Region schools. Probably like that all over. You dont play so and so, you looking for a job again next year.
I hope they bring in someone who wants to stay here and not use PC as a stepping stone.
Not posted on KHSAA so I'm wondering if they are gonna stay in house with the hire?