Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 74 Betsy Layne 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the Hill

Betsy Layne made a run in the fourth quarter to cut the lead to 6 points and then Betsy Layne’s standout Jordan Frazier came down after a foul in his left knee and never returned to the game. We hope he is okay!
Hoping that Jordan Frazier just banged his knee and it wasn’t anything serious. It was encouraging to see him walking around some after he went down. Would love to see him be able to play in the district tournament.

JC just did what they had to do to win the game. They forced a ton of turnovers in the first half by pressing and trapping Betsy Layne. It seemed like they really took their foot off of the pedal in the second half and they just tried to take the air out of the ball.
Congrats on Johnson Central on the win. They are the team to beat in the 15th Region. Coach Newsome has Betsy Layne playing well. He is doing an excellent job.
Johnson Central started to take the air out of the ball in the third quarter and Betsy Layne switched to a 2-3 and made a run to cut it to a 8 point game. Then we’re making a good push in the 4th but Jordan Frazier went down with a knee injury and took the air out of the sails for Betsy laynes run. Hoping he is ok!

Johnson Central does it all very well and they are a deep team that anyone can dribble and shoot the 3. Tough to beat
Isaiah May from JC reached the 2,000 point club in this game.....
Betsy Layne shot 2-16 from the 3 pt line and was 9-20 from the ft line. Killed them in this one...
(03-10-2021, 11:06 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: [ -> ]Isaiah May from JC reached the 2,000 point club in this game.....

And Jordan Frazier reached 1,500 for Betsy Layne. Big night for milestones
Free Throws and Turnovers killed. Betsy Layne disappoints me. Sometimes free throws wont fall but 2-16 from the 3? The game was never close in the second half. At one time we were down 24. The only time we got it close at the end of the 4th we took 4 straight shots that were all LOW percentage shots. No discipline. I am not going to talk about kids but if you can't shoot it in certain spots and your coach wont tell you not to then quit doing it. For example if you are shooting 10 percent from the 3 point line you probably don't want to be shooting a 3 when the game matters. Also whats the deal with the subs? Some kids are playing well and still go out for kids that are not just to get minutes. I saw alot of offense going to the bench when it mattered last night so that everyone can get a few minutes while some other nonproducers stayed in. I think we will win the district because the other teams are so pitiful and could win some games in the region but this team could be so much better. 10-8 this year with basically the same schedule as last year on a team that returned everyone. Just my opinion.
(03-10-2021, 09:52 PM)TheRoadWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Free Throws and Turnovers killed.  Betsy Layne disappoints me. Sometimes free throws wont fall but 2-16 from the 3?  The game was never close in the second half. At one time we were down 24.  The only time we got it close at the end of the 4th we took 4 straight shots that were all LOW percentage shots.  No discipline.  I am not going to talk about kids but if you can't shoot it in certain spots and your coach wont tell you not to then quit doing it. For example if you are shooting 10 percent from the 3 point line you probably don't want to be shooting a 3 when the game matters.  Also whats the deal with the subs? Some kids are playing well and still go out for kids that are not just to get minutes. I saw alot of offense going to the bench when it mattered last night so that everyone can get a few minutes while some other nonproducers stayed in.  I think we will win the district because the other teams are so pitiful and could win some games in the region but this team could be so much better. 10-8 this year with basically the same schedule as last year on a team that returned everyone. Just my opinion.
Ive watched Betsy Layne do that a few times this season. When they get down, it seems that they abandon whats working at the time and start relying solely on 3’s. Right after Frazier went out in this one, there was a period where they shot a 3 on 4 straight trips, all coming up empty.  When that happened it killed what little momentum they had. Can’t afford to go too many trips down the court without points ESPECIALLY against a team like JC.
(03-11-2021, 06:20 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2021, 09:52 PM)TheRoadWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Free Throws and Turnovers killed.  Betsy Layne disappoints me. Sometimes free throws wont fall but 2-16 from the 3?  The game was never close in the second half. At one time we were down 24.  The only time we got it close at the end of the 4th we took 4 straight shots that were all LOW percentage shots.  No discipline.  I am not going to talk about kids but if you can't shoot it in certain spots and your coach wont tell you not to then quit doing it. For example if you are shooting 10 percent from the 3 point line you probably don't want to be shooting a 3 when the game matters.  Also whats the deal with the subs? Some kids are playing well and still go out for kids that are not just to get minutes. I saw alot of offense going to the bench when it mattered last night so that everyone can get a few minutes while some other nonproducers stayed in.  I think we will win the district because the other teams are so pitiful and could win some games in the region but this team could be so much better. 10-8 this year with basically the same schedule as last year on a team that returned everyone. Just my opinion.
Ive watched Betsy Layne do that a few times this season. When they get down, it seems that they abandon whats working at the time and start relying solely on 3’s. Right after Frazier went out in this one, there was a period where they shot a 3 on 4 straight trips, all coming up empty.  When that happened it killed what little momentum they had. Can’t afford to go too many trips down the court without points ESPECIALLY against a team like JC.
It's politics! Don't know how much you know about Betsy Layne but its been the same for years.  One man runs the show and who ever benefits his agenda the most, their kids get the playing time and anything else they want.  A few years back when my kids were there it was a kid who's dad gave him all the UK tickets he wanted.  Not sure who the money bags is nowadays but I'm sure if you watch a few games it would be easy to figure out.  Most likely one of the, what did you say, nonproducers parents.
(03-13-2021, 02:19 PM)crazyfacts Wrote: [ -> ]
It's politics! Don't know how much you know about Betsy Layne but its been the same for years.  One man runs the show and who ever benefits his agenda the most, their kids get the playing time and anything else they want.  A few years back when my kids were there it was a kid who's dad gave him all the UK tickets he wanted.  Not sure who the money bags is nowadays but I'm sure if you watch a few games it would be easy to figure out.  Most likely one of the, what did you say, nonproducers parents.

As someone who not long ago has graduated from Betsy Layne and played 4 years under Junior Newsome. I would love to know who you are talking about.
(03-13-2021, 05:17 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

As someone who not long ago has graduated from Betsy Layne and played 4 years under Junior Newsome. I would love to know who you are talking about.
As someone who recently graduated technically you should not have played for Junior Newsome since he hasn't been the coach for a while now, however if you went to Betsy Layne at all you know anyone who has played in the last two decades has played for Junior Newsome regardless of if he was the actual coach or not.
(03-14-2021, 08:47 PM)crazyfacts Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2021, 05:17 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

As someone who recently graduated technically you should not have played for Junior Newsome since he hasn't been the coach for a while now, however if you went to Betsy Layne at all you know anyone who has played in the last two decades has played for Junior Newsome regardless of if he was the actual coach or not.

Graduated in 2014. Now back to my original question. Who gave UK tickets away?