Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mahan Returns to the Gridiron.....at Greenup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the article from the ADI. He has his 10 day of practice in and he'll be active tomorrow night.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...ndarystory
The KHSAA is a complete joke. Mahan and Smith both transferred back to GC for athletics. I really am shocked that they are ruled eligible.
WEll when did her transfer.
Batpuff Wrote:WEll when did her transfer.

I think shortly after he got kicked off the team last year.
oh I forgot about that.
How is it they are ruled eligible because it is obvious they moved for athletics.
But the kid from Pike County Central who moved to Greenup, to get out of a bad situation from his homelife, to live with his grandparents play in week 1 then ruled on Friday in week 2 that he is not eligible to play.
The KHSAA is not very consistent with their rulings and that is why so many get upset when kids transfer.
RedRaiderNation Wrote:How is it they are ruled eligible because it is obvious they moved for athletics.
But the kid from Pike County Central who moved to Greenup, to get out of a bad situation from his homelife, to live with his grandparents play in week 1 then ruled on Friday in week 2 that he is not eligible to play.
The KHSAA is not very consistent with their rulings and that is why so many get upset when kids transfer.

I agree with you. It is highly ridiculous. I think the Pike Central kid and his grandparents should contact someone and try to get him back on the field, if the transfers are ruled eligible, then why isn't he? Absolutely ridiculous.
Coach Cline Wrote:I agree with you. It is highly ridiculous. I think the Pike Central kid and his grandparents should contact someone and try to get him back on the field, if the transfers are ruled eligible, then why isn't he? Absolutely ridiculous.
That was a few years ago. It was ridiculous. That kid had a legitamate reason for the change of schools. It was a true shame.