Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Led Zeppelin to Reunite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From: http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?...4&GT1=7702

The British band will play a one-off show in London on Nov. 26, a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder and chairman emeritus Ahmet Ertegun, who died Dec. 14 2006, aged 83. Led Zeppelin's heavyweight manager, the late Peter Grant, signed the band to Ertegun's Atlantic in November 1968.
The Who's Pete Townshend, former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also perform on the night. Profits will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, United Kingdom and Ertegun's homeland, Turkey.
I heard this on the radio earlier today. I would LOVE to see this concert.
AWESOME! WHO'S PLAYING DRUMS? Jason Bonham? Phil Collins played when they reunited on Live Aid in the 1980's.
I didn't know that Zeppelin played Live Aid....I have the Live Aid dvd and they aren't on there???

Anyways, yes it's Bonham's son, Jason Bonham, that will be playing drums for them.
Should be a great concert.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I didn't know that Zeppelin played Live Aid....I have the Live Aid dvd and they aren't on there???

Anyways, yes it's Bonham's son, Jason Bonham, that will be playing drums for them.
Yep they did but minus John Paul Jones. Basically just Plant/Page I guess.
According to Paul Harvey (lol), Led Zepplin hasn't played together in 19 years. Atleast I think it was Paul Harvey I heard say that today.
Very cool news, I love Zeppelin! Maybe they'll come to our world-famous Expo Center... Smile

We can dream, can't we?
Maybe the Honeydrippers will also reunite for a show...If you don't know the Honeydrippers, google them and you'll get the joke!
I'd sell my soul to go to this concert.....
Im booking a flight to england as we speak LOL! I hope they decide to do a US tour but Im not getting my hopes up.