Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin Co. 34 Belfry 7th 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin Co. wins against belfry 7th martin co. put the 2nd team in at half-time and they didnt look bad but giving up 2 touchdowns...pray for the injured player from belfry from Coach. K and The Cardinals
Congrats to MCMS!! How is the Belfry player that got hurt last night?
Just talked to Belfry coach and he stated the player was OK,and he would be able to play thursday,the player who committed the foul was suspended for the rest of the game and thursdays game by Martin Co. coach K.
I got told that Martin Co. left their starters (8th graders) in until the 4th quarter.... ????? Evidently Belfry's 7th graders did pretty good then. They are definatly coming along!!!
that was not the case,Martin County pulled their 8th grade starters at the start of the 3rd quarter,at 34-0.When a team only has a total of 28 players,20 of which are 8th graders and 8 ,7th graders (5 of the 8th graders are on injured reserve and 2 ,7th graders unable to play ) 4 of the 5 injured were starters,so the 7th grade Belfry squad did not face the same team that their 8th grade did,however Belfry 7th played very well against a team made up of 7th and 8th graders,this competition the 7th grade team plays now will pay dividends later.
That was certainly not the case. They pulled some players, and put them right back in. The quarterback played in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. I was at the BMS 8th grade game as well, our 7th grade played the same team the 8th did. It amazes me how people try to change the truth for whatever reason. It looks like they would have wanted to let some of the team that doesn't get to play have a little playing time. After all they were playing a straight 7th grade team. But all in all I think the BMS 7th grade did a good job and showed a lot of heart. I was really proud of them.
[quote=BMS Football Mom#36]That was certainly not the case. They pulled some players, and put them right back in. The quarterback played in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. I was at the BMS 8th grade game as well, our 7th grade played the same team the 8th did. It amazes me how people try to change the truth for whatever reason. It looks like they would have wanted to let some of the team that doesn't get to play have a little playing time. After all they were playing a straight 7th grade team. But all in all I think the BMS 7th grade did a good job and showed a lot of heart. I was really proud of them.[/quote]

NICE!!!! We are ALL proud of them!! It takes a lot of heart for a 7th grade team to play an 8th grade team and keep their heads up. We have some GREAT kids!!
the truth is,you should be proud they took on a team of 7th and 8th graders and did very well.
What was the number of the quarterback that played in the 8th grade game, and was it the same number that played in the 7th grade game?
kp10 Wrote:that was not the case,Martin County pulled their 8th grade starters at the start of the 3rd quarter,at 34-0.When a team only has a total of 28 players,20 of which are 8th graders and 8 ,7th graders (5 of the 8th graders are on injured reserve and 2 ,7th graders unable to play ) 4 of the 5 injured were starters,so the 7th grade Belfry squad did not face the same team that their 8th grade did,however Belfry 7th played very well against a team made up of 7th and 8th graders,this competition the 7th grade team plays now will pay dividends later.

We are proud of them!! BUT... as highlighted above....(and correct me if I'm wrong please).... out of 28 players only 8 of them are 7th graders and according to what you wrote..... 5 are on IR and 2 are unable to play so basically you only had 1- 7th grader playing....5+2+1 does equal 8 doesn't it???

So, from what I am reading and from doing a little simple addition, basically the BMS 7th graders played an 8th grade team + 1- 7th grader.......Now, is this correct or am I misreading your earlier post??
kp10 Wrote:What was the number of the quarterback that played in the 8th grade game, and was it the same number that played in the 7th grade game?

NO!! #4 is the 8th grade QB and #8 is the 7th grade QB.... Different kids, different last names and different ages!!
you are misreading my post,out of 28 players, 8 are 7th graders.5 eighth graders are on injured reserve along with 2 of the 7th graders unable to play.So, this gives us a total of 6 seventh graders and 15 eighth graders,a combined total of 21 players.4 of the 5 injured eighth graders were starters, this is why I stated it is not the same team Belfry 8th grade played. The question I asked on the quarterback was not intended for Belfry 8th,and Belfry 7th,but for Martin Co.,the quarterback that played against Belfry 8th,and Belfry 7th?
kp10 Wrote:you are misreading my post,out of 28 players, 8 are 7th graders.5 eighth graders are on injured reserve along with 2 of the 7th graders unable to play.So, this gives us a total of 6 seventh graders and 15 eighth graders,a combined total of 21 players.4 of the 5 injured eighth graders were starters, this is why I stated it is not the same team Belfry 8th grade played. The question I asked on the quarterback was not intended for Belfry 8th,and Belfry 7th,but for Martin Co.,the quarterback that played against Belfry 8th,and Belfry 7th?

Now I couldn't answer that one for ya Smile.... I was told that YES.... it was the same QB but I'm not sure!! When did the 7th grade players get to go into the game?? Was it after the half or late in the 3rd?
there was 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, however 3 of the seventh graders got to start that game along with 1 reserve 8th grader.But after the player from Belfry was late hit (the player that committed the foul was suspended for the rest of the game and the following game by coach K)the 7th grade starters were pulled.AS I said before Belfry 7th played very well and they should be proud.The quarterback that played against Belfry 8th was number 3, the quarterback against Belfry 7th was number 7.Martin Co. does not have enough kids to have two seperate teams,I wish we did,but regardless Belfry played with heart and did not quit against a team made up of mostly eight graders.
We must have been at 2 different games because the quarterback that was used against our 7th grade was #21, #7 was in for only a short time. He didn't even get to finish the 3rd quarter.
number 21 is a 7th grader and he is our second string quarterback.
Thank you for stating that #7 went out in the beginning of the third because he was the starting QB
How old is this 7th grader #21
13 years old