Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's the Top Team in the 57th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the top teams in the 57th this year?

Will it be as it should be Paintsville, with all of those seniors returning? Or is there another team capable of upsetting them again this year?
Paintsville
Lawrence
JC
Magoffin
SC
Paintsville will be at the top of the 57th, thats a no brainer really.

uk96

Paintsville for sure..
You never know really. Obviously, Paintsville is going to be the #1 pick going into the season, considering they've had the same players for the past 5 years. By the end of the season though, I believe one of the other teams may upset them, just like years in the past.
Sorry guys but the top team will begin just as it ended. Magoffin SmileSmile
Paintsville .... hands down! Will walk through district! Will this be the year for another regional title for BMR? Stay tuned...
I say Paintsville once again, but their gonna have to get it together when the playoffs roll around. Hopefully BMR will get a Regional Title, with this group of seniors. They have to just go out and play, and not worry about anything else.
jchsrulz Wrote:Paintsville .... hands down! Will walk through district! Will this be the year for another regional title for BMR? Stay tuned...

Going in yes I would agree. Coming out its hard telling, it really just depends on if these guys have grown up any over the off season. It is their senior year and some will be looking for a potential basketball scholarship whether it be D-1 or NAIA. Let's just hope they don't lose the concept of team ball, if they don't and play together then things may go their way. I'm curious how JC will do with a young determined coach. McKenzie will get the most out of what he has and could be a suprise team this year. All in all, I wish both Johnson Co. teams best of luck this year.
Paintsville is top dog in the 57th for 07-08.
As far as winning region......just like every year....it just depends who is hot come play-offs!
yea i thinks paintsville wins but wouldnt be suprised if lawrence or jc makes a run at it
Paintsville at top on paper. If they really want to do, I mean really do it. They need to get all those players to work together at District and Regional time. Most of them have played together sinc 7th or 8th grade, most have played varsity since 7th or 8th grade. It will be gut check time, I hope they work together long enough to get it done.
Paintsville
Lawrence county
Johnson county
Sheldon Clark
Magoffin county
paintsville
pville will be on top. but its a no brainer that LC will be a close runner up. the rest of the district seems pretty weak like always
WVUfan Wrote:pville will be on top. but its a no brainer that LC will be a close runner up. the rest of the district seems pretty weak like always
pville will be on top, but explain to me how this district is weak like always? Its one of the toughest district in the region year in and year out, ill admit its a little down this year, but usually the toughest district in the region.
PHS easy. This might be the weakest the 57th and the 15th have ever been.
I just don't see anyone giving Paintsville a problem.
Paintsville
LC
Magoffin
JC
SC
JC returns 3-4 starters: Spud, Conley, Welch, Whitaker. This team should be a contender. I know I picked them pre-season number 3, but I think they could win the district if they come together.
Paintsville
LC
MC
JC
SC
1911 Wrote:PHS easy. This might be the weakest the 57th and the 15th have ever been.
I wouldnt say easy for PHS to win the 57th. They cant seem to work together come tourney time.

It might be the weakest the 57th has ever been, but I think the 15th is stronger this year than last year.
Are there any good "big"men in the 57th? I know the Welch boy from Central is a very physical young man but not large in height. Lawrence Conty had a big guy last year but he might have graduated.
Does anybody know if any of the football players will come out for basketball? Can any of them help? Dials and Ratliff from Central have height but never seen them play b-ball...
The Welch kid at Central is a tough competitor on the football field and the basketball court. Mckenzie might throw a curve at some 57th coaches if the football athletes come out and strengthen the bench.
paintsville w/out a doubt...big things will happen in paintsville this yr...i look 4 paintsville to take region...landon slone 1st team all-state...23+ wins...80+ppg...and ima go ahead and say they will win the all "a"(make it 2 final 4 in state all "a"), and i see them winnin a game at rupp...just my opinion
There will be alot of sad fans once again in the 57th.The Tigers are with out a doubt a loaded team,but they can't and will not play together long enough to make a serious run as usual.The Bulldogs has got some talent ,but not enough to compete for a 57th District Title.The Hornets will be down after last years players graduated.The Cardinals will be alot better than most you guys think,but not good enough.The Eagles will be the sleeper team that will with out a doubt suprise everyone and IMO win the 57th District,so with my thoughts posted as if anyone cares anyway. This is the way i see the 57th rankings when all is said and done!!!

1)Eagles
2)Tigers
3)Bulldogs
4)Cardinals
5)Hornets
I wouldn't bet on the outcome of the 57th if I was a ref and calling every game.