Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. LexCath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets here your thoughts and predictions
Panthers are looking good, I hope they win, but who knows!
Catholic has the best players they can find, so I'm going to say LC in a close one.
I will take Lc in a close game
Pikeville has some athletes, but I don't see them playing with the knights. Lexington Catholic is very good this year.

Lexington Catholic- 45
Pikeville- 7
Catholic in a big way until they pull the starters. Too much speed at the skill positions.
Lex Cath.--Awesome
Lex Cath after a loss to St.X - Downright scary

LC - 56
Pikeville - 14
Lex Cath-46
Pikeville-12

hope pikeville pulls out the win tho!!
where is this game going to be played at?
Hands_80 Wrote:where is this game going to be played at?

Pikeville.
Go Panthers!

Pville-28
Lex Cath-20
This Lexington Catholic team defeated Scott County 38-7. They are #1 in Class 4A.
BelfryPride Wrote:Lex Cath.--Awesome
Lex Cath after a loss to St.X - Downright scary

LC - 56
Pikeville - 14

LC's quality numbers will play a big part in how much they run up the score. I hope I'm wrong Panthers, in any case you have got to keep your cool and no one get tossed or get hit with a lot of big penalties. LC will come into this game with something to prove after the spanking they got last week.
If our boys come out unintimidated and play hard up to their potential, I believe we CAN do the unthinkable. From what Ive been hearing from the Lexcath fans on other sites. They dont expect Pikeville to even show up friday night. I sure hope the Lexcath players have that same attitude cause IMO theyre in for a surprise. COME ON BOYS LETS "APPY STATE" THIS BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!
Lexington Catholic 34
Pikeville 21
WIN or LOSE Pikeville will be a better team when the game is over if no players get hurt....It will help them come playoff time, and IMO Pikeville will give Cath. a run for their money in the first half. But in the end I just believe Lexington Catholic will be too much for the Panthers to contain and they got too many guns to control em. I'll say Lexington Catholic 28-14 after 1st half and 49-21 after 4.
If Pikeville is playing well on defense and moving the ball consistently. I'm going to say

Pikeville - 24
Lex. Catholic - 19

Their fans can get pretty crazy sometimes so thats a big motivator for the panthers
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If our boys come out unintimidated and play hard up to their potential, I believe we CAN do the unthinkable. From what Ive been hearing from the Lexcath fans on other sites. They dont expect Pikeville to even show up friday night. I sure hope the Lexcath players have that same attitude cause IMO theyre in for a surprise. COME ON BOYS LETS "APPY STATE" THIS BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Prestonsburg went against them in a 7 on 7 and had a field day with them. I talked to one of the Prestonsburg players about it and he said they acted like they didn't have a care in the world. So obviously they may just think think Pikeville will lay down for them. Good Luck Panthers.
IMO Lexcaths skill isn't that much better than Pikeville's aside from the starting RB and one WR, who are very good. Pikeville's D will be focused on containing them, and if they do that well, and limit mistakes on offense, this could be quite a game.
I believe that Pikeville is considered the underdog in this one. I dont think they will lay down. There is a lot of pride in them boys. I do see it being a good game that I am going to enjoy watching. Win or lose, Pikeville will gain a lot in this outing. I think the underdogs can pull it out if they play with their heads as much as with their bodies. But win or lose, I think that when the final buzzer goes off Friday night, both teams will know they was in a game.
LC hands the Pnathers their first loss.
Man am I looking forward to this one. This is a huge game for the Panthers. If Lex Cath thinks Pikeville will lay down they are dead wrong. I think it will be a great game. Lex Caths strating RB , Israel, was out last week and I don't know if he will play this week. Their backup, Raglin, is a good backup to have. Guy at WR/DB is a threat from anywhere with his speed. Their line is big and experienced. Their QB is pretty good for a sophomore. Their strength is definitely their offense.
The Knights of Lexington Catholic will ride the Mountain Parkway to Pikeville and lay a private school whipping on Pikeville.

Pikeville is feeling pretty good about themselves right now...Undefeated...three and 0...beat Holy Cross...beat Ashland...Beat Betsy Layne...ranked in the Top 5 in the state.

Yeah, Pikeville, THE MIGHTY PANTHERS are feeling the upset.

WRONG...wake up time for the Panthers.

This is not over-rated Holy Cross...this is not severely down Ashland...this is not Betsy Layne who should not even be in the district.....Pikeville is getting ready to face a real football team.

Strap 'em on tight and get ready for some football...I just hope no one gets hurt.

If The Panthers aren't focused in this one, It's over by halftime.
Maybe it is me, but I took that as a negative attitude against the Panthers.... I don't know how the game will go, but I hope those private school boys learn what it would have been like to play in the mountains! GO PANTHERS!!
LexCath will have everything going for them in this game: numbers, speed, athleticism, focus after an embarassing loss at home last week. I know for a fact the Panthers will come out aggressive and fired-up and there will be some pads popping on Friday night. I know Pikeville will not lay down for anybody, especially on their home truf. The deciding factor in this game (as it seems to be for virtually every high school football game) will be the play of the linemen. If the Pikeville O-Line can allow DH, Tim, Ted, Chaz, and the other skill players to get to the second and third levels of the LexCath defense, Pikeville will be able to at least keep up with the Knights on the scoreboard. On defense, Pikeville will need to swarm to the football, a trait for which they have become notorious since Defensive Coordinator Mike Copley has been around. If Pikeville just plays their game, stays injury-free, and avoids dumb penalties and turnovers, it will be a great game. I honestly think Pikeville has enough skill to hang with LexCath. We'll just have to wait and see though, won't we?
LexCath by 12