Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Assumption a Volleyball Dynasty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the KHSAA site, Louisville Assumption
has won something like ten out of eleven state
volleyball championships, with their only blip
being a loss to Mercy in the finals a couple of
years ago. This is a streak like UCLA went on in
college basketball, but you don't hear much about
it. Private school. All girls school....'nough
said.
and private schools can recruit legally ,thats why they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the state tourney,let them have their own tourney
well sounds like there a pretty good team.
The biggest key to their success and the Louisville schools is the KIVA program...they have many age divisions and always compete for national titles. The girls in KY and IN play all year and receive great instruction. Assumptions coach (Ron Kordes) last I heard runs the program. Check out their website and you will see several current and future all states. Louisville area volleyball & IN is among the nations best.
yes but being able to recruit legally helps a lot too
I totally agree ! Private schools like Assumption Should not be allowed to paricipate in the state tourney. In my oppinion the state tournement is a joke, Private schools dominate every year. If I'm not mistaken there has never been a public school win it all. Just think about it if a private school plays a public school and the public school has a very talented player all the coach has to do is say why don;t you come play for us you'll never win state with a public school, and of course the girls gonna want a chance to win and get her name out there to possibly be recruited so the private school wins while the public looses! Like I said it's a JOKE.
Kyboy13 Wrote:I totally agree ! Private schools like Assumption Should not be allowed to paricipate in the state tourney. In my oppinion the state tournement is a joke, Private schools dominate every year. If I'm not mistaken there has never been a public school win it all. Just think about it if a private school plays a public school and the public school has a very talented player all the coach has to do is say why don;t you come play for us you'll never win state with a public school, and of course the girls gonna want a chance to win and get her name out there to possibly be recruited so the private school wins while the public looses! Like I said it's a JOKE.

Very well said.:p
i know they didn't want to do it in basketball, but isn't there a chance they might change it a little so public schools get a little recognition. like a class a 2a or 3a?