Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who is the team this year in 14th region
I believe Leslie County is the team to beat as far as the 14th Region goes. They only lost 3 or 4 seniors last year and have a lot of talent returning, they shold definitely be a fun team to watch!
"StEvE-O" Wrote:who is the team this year in 14th region

Hazard will be young but good, they have a couple of freshmen catchers that will be good in tj searcy and taylin goodson. they also have a big junior class in colby hoskins, aj spare , justin hicks, and jared meehan. and the talk is alot of new faces may appear in the bulldogs dugout this spring.
Leslie because of pitching and defense!
Owsley county never lost any seniors and get back Robert Smith who never played last year. They will be a good team this year....Look for them to make some noise.
Knott Co. will be the team to beat this season.
yes hazard will be good, but I dont see the experience level that high to be 14th region contender....watch out next year!!!!
I think that the team to beat will come out of the 56th district. The 56th district is loaded this year. You have Lee, Powell, Owsley, and Estill which is new to the district this year. I think by far that is the toughest district in the 14th this year. All 4 teams are expected to have a good solid team. These 4 teams should be fun to watch this year.
I think Owsley County will be the team to beat this season.
"The Bandit" Wrote:I think that the team to beat will come out of the 56th district. The 56th district is loaded this year. You have Lee, Powell, Owsley, and Estill which is new to the district this year. I think by far that is the toughest district in the 14th this year. All 4 teams are expected to have a good solid team. These 4 teams should be fun to watch this year.
I Agree 100%.:wenumber1
"The Prophet" Wrote:I Agree 100%.:wenumber1
I agree 110% MAN!!!! :loveya:
"Skillz" Wrote:I agree 110% MAN!!!! :loveya:
You guys couldnt be more right about this.:Guitar01:
I think people better watch out for KCC this year they have a lot of their same players back from last year and heard that there will be some new faces this season on the baseball team
Owsley never lost any seniors, and getting back plenty of talent that they had last year, plus smith is back..they could be the one to beat this year..
Dont Worry About Hazard, Coach Meehan Will Get The Job Done He Is A Contender. The Kids Like His Style.
"Patriot Fan" Wrote:I think people better watch out for KCC this year they have a lot of their same players back from last year and heard that there will be some new faces this season on the baseball team

The very well could be. KCC has a lot of good players.

Do you know who's the new players coming out?
"baseball_dad" Wrote:The very well could be. KCC has a lot of good players.

Do you know who's the new players coming out?
Yea, Randolf Hayes, chuck morris, Rajon Sparks, Chris rondo, and Lebron Jordan i think. IMO i feel KCC will be the best team in the region this year. Right behind Hazard.( :wenumber1)
lol....I believe that Lee will win the 14th region this year. If lee doesn't win, Some team from the 56th district will win. I agree that the 56th district is loaded.
Kcc will win it..wait and see
I don't believe that KCC can match up with Lee this year. They did beat Lee last year in the first round of the region but Lee threw a Freshman for the first couple of innings. So this year will come down to the pitching staff. A lot of teams will have good hitters but can their pitcher keep from letting 25 runs games?
"Thug_24" Wrote:I don't believe that KCC can match up with Lee this year. They did beat Lee last year in the first round of the region but Lee threw a Freshman for the first couple of innings. So this year will come down to the pitching staff. A lot of teams will have good hitters but can their pitcher keep from letting 25 runs games?

KCC's pitching staff has matured over the Summer and Fall. I don't think we'll see any of them allowing 25 runs.
But who have they got. Last year they just had a lefty. i don't know his name but i think it is Smith. thats the only pitcher that i know of. Can they face a team that has about 7 or 8 hitters beep?
"Thug_24" Wrote:But who have they got. Last year they just had a lefty. i don't know his name but i think it is Smith. thats the only pitcher that i know of. Can they face a team that has about 7 or 8 hitters beep?

They have Smith (lefty), Z. Gibson, who is a junior and has gotten better over the Summer and Fall, C. Hall, and E. Potter, an 8th grader who pitched against Madison Central over the Summer and won. I heard that it was a great performance from that young man.

It also takes a good defense to back up the pitcher. And, I believe, KCC has that.
Owsley county will be hard to beat this year they will have a good team probly wi the 56th district. good luch this season
Baseball_dad, you can't go by anything over the summer against big teams. Alot of teams don't even have their best players there for basketball and football practice. He probably did pitch good but who did he face, their JV team. Come on now, things that happen in the summer (teams beating big name teams) never happens in the regular season.
Thug, I know you might find it hard to believe. During the Summer more players from the varsity teams in the state did play baseball, including seniors that did not sign on with a college. That includes MC. MC's coach even came over and told KC's coach how well he thought the pitcher did. And went on to say that KC had a very good team. He also stated that he had most of his players from the regular season playing that day.
well i'm sorry about that baseball_dad. Usually all the good or better players are plaing some other sport from the big schools.
Glad to see that KCC is finally getting some respect...but they will have to prove it on the field. Big test...first game of the season will be Leslie County at home. Coach Hammonds believes in finding out what kind of team he has right off the bat!!!!
It'll be interesting to see what Knott Central will do this season. And a big game to start off the season against Leslie.
imo the 56th will be very competitive in the 14th region
Pages: 1 2 3