Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell vs. Fleming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
both teams coming off losses, and a 1-2 record. who will come out victorious?
I pick Fleming to get the win.
I will go with Fleming co on this one
Fleming
FLeming
fleming by a landslide.
Fleming Co 32
Powell Co 6
Fleming
fleming county really aint havin a good year this year. if powell can stop the pass, i think they can win this one. and i wanna no one thing y aint billy rice playin qb. he is so much better than jesse rose. all jesse can do is run the ball. if the line can block, billy can complete some passes. and if he completes passes, they can win. they have some good recievers. the line jus needs to block for him.
I think that Billy Rice has a shoulder injury that limits his throwing ability. Idk he might be coming back b/c in the estill game he threw a 45 yd pass easily. You can tell that it still bothers him if you watch closely. I say he sets this one out and #3 runs the ball everytime and the Pirates get their third loss of the year.
baseballking Wrote:I think that Billy Rice has a shoulder injury that limits his throwing ability. Idk he might be coming back b/c in the estill game he threw a 45 yd pass easily. You can tell that it still bothers him if you watch closely. I say he sets this one out and #3 runs the ball everytime and the Pirates get their third loss of the year.

well they really need billy back cause they cant afford to lose this one.
Fleming
the line has been blocking for billy and for jesse at one time billy had 10 second to throw the ball. that is a lot of time. now jesse can throw and also he can run if he needs to. jesse is a good qb and so is billy. with either one of these guys powell will be tough to beat.the offensive line is doing a good job there were no qb sacks in the morgan co game and they are improving daily.
Guess I'll hop on the train and say Fleming.
Fleming wins by 25+.
Fleming will take the win.
qb destroyer Wrote:the line has been blocking for billy and for jesse at one time billy had 10 second to throw the ball. that is a lot of time. now jesse can throw and also he can run if he needs to. jesse is a good qb and so is billy. with either one of these guys powell will be tough to beat.the offensive line is doing a good job there were no qb sacks in the morgan co game and they are improving daily.

Yea they were blocking good against Morgan because Morgan isn't any good. They sure didn't do good against Estill. So the line needs to improve drastically.
Oh yea, Billy Rice quit today.
the line had been doing a good job if memory serves me correctly there was only 2 qb sacks against estill.
Fleming by A lot!
qb destroyer Wrote:the line had been doing a good job if memory serves me correctly there was only 2 qb sacks against estill.

only two sacks....they also couldnt get a run off. i was right there on the side line. and the line really wasnt doin nothin.
bluegrassballa Wrote:fleming county really aint havin a good year this year. if powell can stop the pass, i think they can win this one. and i wanna no one thing y aint billy rice playin qb. he is so much better than jesse rose. all jesse can do is run the ball. if the line can block, billy can complete some passes. and if he completes passes, they can win. they have some good recievers. the line jus needs to block for him.
Hmmm. Nothing against Billy at all, but I'm pretty sure that Jesse Rose is the only freshman in the history of Kentucky football to have 300 yds. of total offense by himself and 5 td's(3 rushing, 2 passing). Now, if this isn't good enough reason for Jesse to be the starting QB I dont know what else you should be looking for. The line is supposed to block for atleast for about 3 to 4 seconds allowing the QB to get rid of the ball. Jesse can complete passes, run in situations needed and can get the job done. He is only a freshman, not a junior. Give him time and he will be great.
Godspeed Wrote:Hmmm. Nothing against Billy at all, but I'm pretty sure that Jesse Rose is the only freshman in the history of Kentucky football to have 300 yds. of total offense by himself and 5 td's(3 rushing, 2 passing). Now, if this isn't good enough reason for Jesse to be the starting QB I dont know what else you should be looking for. The line is supposed to block for atleast for about 3 to 4 seconds allowing the QB to get rid of the ball. Jesse can complete passes, run in situations needed and can get the job done. He is only a freshman, not a junior. Give him time and he will be great.

Again, he got most of his yards against Morgan Co. which is down this year. How many yards did he have against Estill? I do think in a few year he will be good.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Oh yea, Billy Rice quit today.

is this true??
qb destroyer Wrote:the line has been blocking for billy and for jesse at one time billy had 10 second to throw the ball. that is a lot of time. now jesse can throw and also he can run if he needs to. jesse is a good qb and so is billy. with either one of these guys powell will be tough to beat.the offensive line is doing a good job there were no qb sacks in the morgan co game and they are improving daily.

Morgan County was 2 weeks ago. Estill County D-line man handled Powell's O-line whether you like it or not. Fleming has some big and fast boys, so either way, Powell will lose whether they have Rice or Rose at quarterback. Powell doesn't walk away with many points in this game...
if you were on the side line then obviusly you were not good enough to be on the line. it is easy to be an arm chair qb. powell county's o line and d line have been improving and will continue to do so. the last thing this team needs is more criticism. give this team a couple of years under coach whitaker and see what happens. rome was not built in a day.
I have seen Fleming play and they are a young and unexperienced team. Rebuilding year for them. This would be a good chance for Powell Co to get a win.
Bengalsfan Wrote:is this true??

I did speak to Powell's DC today and he told me that two starters did quit. He didn't tell me which two, but I know for a fact he said 2 starters were gone as of 3:30 today.
bluegrassballa Wrote:fleming county really aint havin a good year this year. if powell can stop the pass, i think they can win this one. and i wanna no one thing y aint billy rice playin qb. he is so much better than jesse rose. all jesse can do is run the ball. if the line can block, billy can complete some passes. and if he completes passes, they can win. they have some good recievers. the line jus needs to block for him.

first off, billy got in trouble for a personal foul on a player and wasn't allowed to play qb at the morgan co. game, and secondly from hearing other players talk he doesn't call the right calls and he won't pass the ball and loses yards instead of gaining them. But there are some people that like one qb and not the other so some people have their opinions on who should play... and also it was jesse rose that caught wymt news' eyes because they had a special on him a few nights after the morgan co. game so i think that says a lot about powells freshman qb