Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Search for Reds Manager Continues: Joe Torre to Manage the Reds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Newsday...http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists...883.column

Here's some rampant speculation: Let's say the Yankees don't bring back Joe Torre. Torre's wife, Ali, is from Cincinnati and has a large family contingent there. Could Castellini possibly pay enough to lure Torre?

The Reds reportedly have interest in bringing over Tony La Russa, whose deal with the Cardinals expires after this season, yet that seems like a stretch.

Reds owner Bob Castellini has a relationship with Chiba Lotte Marines manager Bobby Valentine, as Castellini held a share of the Rangers when Valentine managed in Texas.

Do the Reds need that high profile name as a manager? Bob Brenley has also shown prior interest in the job and his name will surface again when the Reds and Cubs hook up for two more meetings this month.

Does Pete Mackanin has a real shot now that the Reds have fizzled out, but still have shown improvement since the All-Star break?
I think the Red's actually DO need a high profile manager...I think it will help lure other players to be tempted to sign with the Red's organization when they're a free agent.

Do I think they will get Joe Torre? Definitely not. I hope so.

I sure do love going to Red's games...I just went the other day to watch them take down the Brewers, it was a Friday night and the crowd was very small...it's always better when people are there, lol.
That would be awesome if Cincy could get Torre to be the manager, only time can tell.
Torre would fit in well in Cincy IMO!
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/...ises_N.htm

Tony La Russa, who has won more games than any manager in St. Louis Cardinals' history, told USA Today he might leave after this season and pursue another managerial job. In today’s edition, La Russa says he’s not going to talk or think about it until after this season is over, but he mentioned that 12 years in the same place is a longtime. He has also become disgusted with the St. Louis media with their attacks on him over a DUI arrest this spring, and his supposed lack of responsibility to players in the clubhouse with drinking problems, such as Josh Hancock, who died as the result of driving under the influence this season. La Russa calls the attacks personal. La Russa is 62 years old and in the final year of his contract with the Cardinals.
la russa would fit in good in cincy i mean he wont go to jail its to full with all the bengals lol J/K