Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Wheelersburg OH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know some people were curious about Wheelersburg OH's football tradition. Here is something that I found on the internet about their teams accomplishments.
http://www.burg.k12.oh.us/highschool/ath.../index.php

SOC Championships-72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 83, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 03, 04, 05

Regional Championships-81, 89, 91, 94, 98

State Championships-1989

It looks as if they are a pretty decent football team with a storied past, but I still think JC will win this game 35-7.
Johnson Central 28

Wheelersburg 21
Wheelersburg should be the toughest out Johnson Central has had yet.
I know I looked at their last year's team photo and it looked as if they only had about 35 players on the team. Has that number increased this season? Also, what classification would they be in if they were a Kentucky school?
GRIZZ Wrote:I know I looked at their last year's team photo and it looked as if they only had about 35 players on the team. Has that number increased this season? Also, what classification would they be in if they were a Kentucky school?

1 a or 2a
Wheelersburg is D-5 in Ohio, which is next to the smallest division. They have about 185 boys enrollment. Looks like a mismatch against a much larger JC. However, Ohio small school football is tough!
Johnson Central
Johnson Central is the better team but Wheelersburg will keep this one close. I've read on a few sites about the Wheelersburg team and they are better than all of Johnson Central's opponents, for a comparison. Wheelersburg defeated South Point 23-00, and Johnson Central defeated South Point 34-00. So both teams obviously have very tough defenses. I'll take the Eagles by two touchdowns, scoring the last touchdown late in the game.

Johnson Central- 28
Wheelersburg- 14
JC by 3 TDs
Wheelersburg is good. They also have great speed. They just lost a game to Portsmouth that by all accounts they really should have won. They will have a chip on their shoulder and they are playing at home.

Wheelersburg 28
Johnson Central 21
I'll go with JC by 2+TD's.
I'm guessing.....

JC 48
W-Burg 14

..... too much JC defense. and offense. and probably special teams too.
Johnson Central, by 14 points.
Johnson Central!
I look for JC to win this game, but Wheelersburg is a tough squad, especially with some transfers they had from Ironton. Up there they are one of the main football schools so alot of talented kids from other school districts will attend WBurg for football. Which I think kinda skews the numbers of enrollment comparison
JC by 2 td's