Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. vs. Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The bulldogs travel to Blackcat Stadium next Friday night and should be an interesting game. Prestonsburg coming off of a good victory over a solid Bath County team, and Lawrence is coming of another loss, this time to the hands of Sheldon Clark. Game will start at 7:30pm and good luck to both teams.

Prestonsburg- 28
Lawrence Co- 12
Pburg - 34
Lawrence Co. - 13
Pburg-42
LC-6
Lawrence Co 20
Prestonsburg 18
if something doesn't change to improve the players moral, and if the coaching staff can't see this with 11 coach's, I look for Prestonsburg to win by 4 or more td's and LC to loose the rest of the games this year.
dawg4runner Wrote:if something doesn't change to improve the players moral, and if the coaching staff can't see this with 11 coach's, I look for Prestonsburg to win by 4 or more td's and LC to loose the rest of the games this year.

I hear ya 4runner!! You'd think at least 1 of those coaches would step up and see that something has got to give here. You'd think at least another 1 of them could fire these kids up!!! I always have disliked it when a team just lies down and gives up and thats unfortunately what I'm seeing.....
P-Burg-38
LC- 14
Prestonsburg
Dawg@heart Wrote:I hear ya 4runner!! You'd think at least 1 of those coaches would step up and see that something has got to give here. You'd think at least another 1 of them could fire these kids up!!! I always have disliked it when a team just lies down and gives up and thats unfortunately what I'm seeing.....
I don't know what team you are talking about laying down and given up because LC has not layed down one time this year even last night on SC last drive I seen SC kids getting knocked down and if I'm thinking right it's pretty hard to knock some one down if your laying down! SC has a good little team and Belfry has a very good team and so does coal grove we put up 20 points in the 4th querter in the CG game we scored in the 4th in the Belfry game and looking from the stands in the SC game I never saw the first kid quiting ,. So don't try and say this team is laying down if they don't want to play then all they have to do is not show up for practice . And from what I have been told we haven't had a kid quit yet . A matter of fact we have two kids that just came out to play for LC that hasn't played in a couple of years they both are seniors and will be able help this team out alot . But once agian this team isn't laying down and I bet after we play P'burg this week win loose or draw you won't find a one of them that says LC just layed down . I promise you that :devilflam
Sorry-just appeared to me they get so down that they can't get up. while I know they have the talent to win, do they still have the moral as a team to do it?
I don't believe the boys are laying down. No player wants to lose. I saw several of the boys Friday night coming off the field nearly in tears. These boys have heart even though it has to be discouraging to lose week after week. I do agree, though, with the posts above that it doesn't take a genious to see that something drastic needs to be done to get bulldog football back to where it used to be. My opinion, and before anyone gets their tailfeathers all ruffled, let me say again that in my opinion, the change needs to come from the coaches. The same players run the same plays. It's all too predictable. There is so much athletic talent in that high school. Come on coaches!!!! Use it. I get sick to death of favoritism and politics in our school systems.
allsportsfan Wrote:I don't believe the boys are laying down. No player wants to lose. I saw several of the boys Friday night coming off the field nearly in tears. These boys have heart even though it has to be discouraging to lose week after week. I do agree, though, with the posts above that it doesn't take a genious to see that something drastic needs to be done to get bulldog football back to where it used to be. My opinion, and before anyone gets their tailfeathers all ruffled, let me say again that in my opinion, the change needs to come from the coaches. The same players run the same plays. It's all too predictable. There is so much athletic talent in that high school. Come on coaches!!!! Use it. I get sick to death of favoritism and politics in our school systems.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another loss for LC
Well the bottom line is that we can all gripe and complain on here all day and we can all express our opinions openly but we can't change anything. I have no doubt our coaches hear these same complaints day in and day out so its up to them to change things or not. Thats why we are call called fans and not coaches.
Prestonsburg 30 Lawrence 12..Pburg won a hard hitting game Friday against a good Bath County team, and will win another hard fought game this Friday..good luck to both teams!
Thoes are my Blackcats. proud of you
Some lc fans are living in fantasy land instead of the land of truth and wisdom and the knowledge of how football needs to be played.We need to go back to billy ball, not Blake ball which has turned out to be a joke.
Well it doesnt matter which ball you say we need to play. The kids have to find some confidence or it wont matter if up put 5 guys in the backfield and try to run it. And Blake ball will be just fine. Kids just have to have the confidence in themselves. WE will be fine.
Well the offense sure is struggling, no one can argue that. Billy has (or should have) the final call on everything to do with this team-whether or not he is using that position is a mystery?
P-burg-35
LC-6
Offensive coach is a nightmare for the hardcore fans of the Dawgs.Nothing against the kid personally but against this style.If a coach cant take the heat he needs to quit and move on down the road.Dougie bulldawg vanhoose could run a better offense.I have scanned the internet and looked at hundreds of message boards and most are very critical of the players.LC fans are critical of the coaches which is not as bad.Nobody believe the crap that these message boards affect the team what so ever.They dont.Its just a lame excuse the bloomer cheeses use to get your attention away from the real issues!!!I live in Huntington and the Herd boards are terrible against Snyder.You think that bothers him?Heck no and it wont and shouldnt bother LC coaches.If i thought it did i wouldnt post.
Noexcuses Wrote:Offensive coach is a nightmare for the hardcore fans of the Dawgs.Nothing against the kid personally but against this style.If a coach cant take the heat he needs to quit and move on down the road.Dougie bulldawg vanhoose could run a better offense.I have scanned the internet and looked at hundreds of message boards and most are very critical of the players.LC fans are critical of the coaches which is not as bad.Nobody believe the crap that these message boards affect the team what so ever.They dont.Its just a lame excuse the bloomer cheeses use to get your attention away from the real issues!!!I live in Huntington and the Herd boards are terrible against Snyder.You think that bothers him?Heck no and it wont and shouldnt bother LC coaches.If i thought it did i wouldnt post.

Oh please, Dougie Vanhoose could NOT run a better offense.
That's right-these forums are simply a place for all of us to voice our opinions, knowing that we cannot change anything!!! But BulldogVanhoose? That might just be stretching your right to an opinion just a bit-haha
dawgmom Wrote:Oh please, Dougie Vanhoose could NOT run a better offense.
i agree bulldog couldn't run the offence, he is a motivator to the fans amd players
dawg4runner Wrote:i agree bulldog couldn't run the offence, he is a motivator to the fans amd players

yes he is indeed that...haven't really noticed him on the sidelines much this season?
What kind of problems are the dawgs having?
blackcat_student Wrote:What kind of problems are the dawgs having?
Just ask Noexcuses, he seems to know it all. Hahaha.
Ill' take P-burg by a score of 28-14
dawg4runner Wrote:if something doesn't change to improve the players moral, and if the coaching staff can't see this with 11 coach's, I look for Prestonsburg to win by 4 or more td's and LC to loose the rest of the games this year.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians!!!! Altough some of the Coaches have great ideals the ones in charge look at them as "well i'm the one getting paid to do this not you" As for the players if someone isnt getting the job done move him and try someone else no matter who's kid he is..hint hint...there are two things that win football games and thats "heart and head" and the dawgs have both...the team has the heart to win and they have the skills to apply it to the task at hand..as for the P-burg game it all depends on which team show's up...the team that played Sheldon Clark or the team that was in the 4th quarter of the Coal Grove game.
I'll take P-burg by a landslide in this one. P-burg is too well coached and they are too good to lose a game at home. If they win by three or more TD's it wouldn't suprise me.
Noexcuses Wrote:Some lc fans are living in fantasy land instead of the land of truth and wisdom and the knowledge of how football needs to be played.We need to go back to billy ball, not Blake ball which has turned out to be a joke.

The thing is that the days of "Billy ball" are over!! The Billy we all knew in the past, wild and crazy and hardnosed, is gone. He is too concerned about being nice and keeping peace. I personally think the world of him and his family, but this is football and it is a rough, contact sport. Our kids need to be taught to tackle and defend, like our opponents are being taught!!! As far as player changes on the offense, not going to happen. Let's be honest here....
Pages: 1 2