Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 0-3 but look at their schedule...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I know LC is 0-3 to start the season, but their non-district opponents are very good and LC may have the toughest schedule in the 4A class.
Here is their schedule of non-district teams:

Coal Grove ....3-0
Belfry ...........3-0
Sheldon Clark .3-0
Russell ..........3-0
Breathitt Co....3-0
Prestonburg ...2-1 (only loss to Breathitt who is 3-0)
Letcher C.C. ..2-1 (only loss to Hazard who is 3-0)

That is a combined record of 19-2 of non-district opponents.

Now their district opponents are a combined record of 1-7.

Boyd Co.........0-3
Greenup Co.....0-2 (open last week)
Rowan Co.......1-2 (only win against Morgan Co. which is 0-2 and have been outscored 86-18 in two games)

So when everyone keeps saying LC will be OK when they get to their district play they are right. The one thing that the LC coaching have to keep doing is keeping their players spirit up and keep learning week to week.
That tough schedule may help them come playoff time.
Yep, LC's losses are to teams which will be playing well into November. The 3A title is basically between Belfry, SC, and Russell, and regardless of class, those caliber of teams are always going to be a tough opponent for any team at this level.
ttt
Lawrence Co's easiest games are its district games.Thats a no brainer!!!!
What is the chance of Blake taking over in the near future?
Now that's the first time I've heard tht mentioned.....
bobcatalways Wrote:What is the chance of Blake taking over in the near future?
If Goldsmith ever leaves, I believe it will happen.
lcdawgsfan101 Wrote:If Goldsmith ever leaves, I believe it will happen.

I don't think it would happen. For one since Blake is not employed by the school, an employee of the school would have to turn down the job and I don't see Eddie Dixon or someone else turning it down.
I would love to see Blake there and keep the current staff and add guys who played at LC and bring back the boys that started the Tradition at LC
bobcatalways Wrote:What is the chance of Blake taking over in the near future?

No disrespect intended towards Blake, but hope not. There is someone else on the sidelines much better suited and more knowledgable for the head coaching position. And I am not talking about Dixon or Cecil. The season ain't over yet so don't count out Billy. Way too early to be speculating on this.
Luke Sammons is one of the best new coaches around.Were lucky to have him!!