Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge @ Sheldon Clark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see Sc taking this one easy to go on to 4-0 on the year but what are everyones thoughts
I'm pretty much with you on this one. I don't see them winning by as much as Belfry, but I do see them winning by around 35.
SC-42
ER-7
SC
Sc-46
Er-6
SC
Sc-36
Er-0
Sheldon Clark 40
East Ridge 12
I'll take the cards in this one. Good Luck to both teams.

Sheldon Clark- 42
East Ridge- 14
Sheldon Clark
I think ER will lose terribly if they play like they did against Belfry. They looked like they were just going through the motiions on both sides of the ball. Even though they lost to Grundy, they were at least attacking them. Im not saying they could have won, but they could have shown a lot more emotion. Against SC they will lose, but by how much will be determined by how much fight they have.
SC...
Er 30
Sc 24
Sc 36-12
finepoint Wrote:I think ER will lose terribly if they play like they did against Belfry. They looked like they were just going through the motiions on both sides of the ball. Even though they lost to Grundy, they were at least attacking them. Im not saying they could have won, but they could have shown a lot more emotion. Against SC they will lose, but by how much will be determined by how much fight they have.

Belfry makes alot of teams look like this, I wonder why?

When you have given up nearly 400 yards and you yourself have only mustered 39 yards (with all those coming against JV and Freshman), your mindset won't be the same as when you are playing someone that's on an equal level as you are.

I think that the ER program is heading in the right direction and finally has a coach who is committed to staying there and putting in the number of years required to improve, but the sad reality is they are currently nowhere near the level of Belfry and SC.

SC 56
ER 12
Sheldon Clark
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think that the ER program is heading in the right direction and finally has a coach who is committed to staying there and putting in the number of years required to improve, but the sad reality is they are currently nowhere near the level of Belfry and SC.

COmitment is great, but don't confuse that with ability.
warriorpride Wrote:Er 30
Sc 24

East Ridge has only scored 32 points in 3 games, I don't think they will score 30 against SC. ER would have to have ALOT of help from SC to even keep this one close.

I'll say

SC: 49
ER: 14
Sheldon Clark winning this one, by about 40 to 6.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think that the ER program is heading in the right direction and finally has a coach who is committed to staying there and putting in the number of years required to improve, but the sad reality is they are currently nowhere near the level of Belfry and SC.

SC 56
ER 12

I think that ER is headed in the totally opposite direction. If ER really wanted to make a change this year, they would have looked longer in the hiring process to find someone who IMO could turn this team around. Otherwise, I think the football program will stay exactly where it's at. That's what happens though when administration plays good ol boy politics and doesn't look to far for a new coach. With no experience of turning teams around, only 1 year experience as a head coach, and a total of 2 wins in his head coaching career, I don't see ER becoming a top notch team in the near future. Nothing against the boys. There is talent there to make a successful program. It's just finding someone who knows how to put the talent to good use. I do wish ER the best of luck.
SC 49
ER 6
Man, why r u so bitter with CoachB? He deserves a chance. Last year he took some kids that had no direction and gave them the confedence in themselves to play competitive football. I don't know the hole situation, but I think he left down there for family reasons, but not sure. I read some of yuor other posts and you are really negative on him. If you know somethingthat we need to know over here, please PM me. If not, please stop bashing this young man.
Football Widow Wrote:I think that ER is headed in the totally opposite direction. If ER really wanted to make a change this year, they would have looked longer in the hiring process to find someone who IMO could turn this team around. Otherwise, I think the football program will stay exactly where it's at. That's what happens though when administration plays good ol boy politics and doesn't look to far for a new coach. With no experience of turning teams around, only 1 year experience as a head coach, and a total of 2 wins in his head coaching career, I don't see ER becoming a top notch team in the near future. Nothing against the boys. There is talent there to make a successful program. It's just finding someone who knows how to put the talent to good use. I do wish ER the best of luck.
SC 49
ER 6
I'd say that SC wins by 35+.
Kybob Wrote:Man, why r u so bitter with CoachB? He deserves a chance. Last year he took some kids that had no direction and gave them the confedence in themselves to play competitive football. I don't know the hole situation, but I think he left down there for family reasons, but not sure. I read some of yuor other posts and you are really negative on him. If you know somethingthat we need to know over here, please PM me. If not, please stop bashing this young man.

I don't see that bashing him at all. I'm sure that Coach B is a perfectly nice gentleman. Nothing negative was said about him at all. Those are just total facts that I stated. I can't help what his record is. I also wished ER the very best. By the way, where are those competitive players now?
Football Widow Wrote:I think that ER is headed in the totally opposite direction. If ER really wanted to make a change this year, they would have looked longer in the hiring process to find someone who IMO could turn this team around. Otherwise, I think the football program will stay exactly where it's at. That's what happens though when administration plays good ol boy politics and doesn't look to far for a new coach. With no experience of turning teams around, only 1 year experience as a head coach, and a total of 2 wins in his head coaching career, I don't see ER becoming a top notch team in the near future. Nothing against the boys. There is talent there to make a successful program. It's just finding someone who knows how to put the talent to good use. I do wish ER the best of luck.
SC 49
ER 6

Maybe they DID look farther for a head coach and didn't find anybody else willing to come there.
give the man a chance this is his first season. i agree with alot of the comments made on here but you need to try to encourage people not put them down. this site is supposed to be positive. if we all worked together for our kids the world would be a better place. there is poloitics in every school. it takes some time to build a good program of any kind. good luck er and hope that you do great things in the future for the sake of the kids.
mandan Wrote:Maybe they DID look farther for a head coach and didn't find anybody else willing to come there.

No, they didn't.
Everyone has gotten way off topic,
i say sc by as many as they want
I think Sheldon Clark will take this one, not sure by how much, but SC.
Keys for Victory for Sheldon Clark

1. Sheldon Clark must keep turnovers to a mininium. They can't play like they did against Fairland, OH.

2. Sheldon Clark's line must do what they been doing. Smash-mouth football.

3. Injuries must be slim to none.

Keys for Victory for East Ridge

1. The Warriors must have it mentally that they can win. The Cards are not unbeatable.

2. Momentum is a big key. If they get a good play finish with a touchdown and so on.

3. Play great. Period. With a great support from the line supporting a back wonderful things can happen.

With this said
Sc - 35
Er - 7
CoachB is a great guy, but I agree they could have looked harder and found someone better. His offense is really just too simple and the weight lifting program is horrendous. But, he is definatley the most dedicated coach they have ever had. Also I read a post earlier that said ER has only scored 30pts all season, when actually they have scored 57; 27 against phelps, 24 against grundy, and 6 against belfry.
Also, does anyone on here know how many fumbles dials has this year? I watched one game on TV and counted at least 3.